Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by FreeBee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingDaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I recently picked up a STTNG Shaker Motor from another member. This is an after-market mod created by Martin at Pinbits.

It runs off of tapping into the first Flasher wires in the back box (red and blue) and is grounded in the back box (black wire). Then runs to a small board in the main cabinet, which in turn connects to the shaker motor.

I installed correctly - and it worked for about half a game, then stopped. Fuses are okay, I believe, Flashers work.... Figuring it had to do with the Flasher wire taps, I installed new wire taps. Still nothing. No red light on board, which indicates power. I then directly spliced in the connections, knowing how inconsistent wire taps can be.

Still nothing.

I checked the voltage with a multimeter, and between 8-10 DC Volts are reaching board - 10 volts at source - 8 volts by the time it gets to board. (I know the flashers are supposedly run on 20 Volts - wondering if this is my issue?)

The other option would be something with board.

One other thing, it has turned on and worked briefly a couple times... Almost like the correct power somehow got through - or stored up on board?

I've contacted Pam at Pinbits several times - no response from them.image.jpg

Anyone have any insight...

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Have you gone into flasher lamp test and tested the "tapped" backboard lamps? It could be that they are not getting proper signal or voltage.
edit...I just re-read that you tested and it could very well be the low voltage readings. Seems to me that you would want to redo the flasher connections/wires to get the voltages you need.

Yeah, perhaps. Would love to know for sure what the expected voltage needs to be. The thing that confuse me is that it worked for half a game. It makes me wonder if the shaker "shook" something on the board...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 64.99
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 26.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Sale Pending!
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 399.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
Sale Pending!
Cleveland, TN
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingDaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside