• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by FreeBee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingDaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I recently picked up a STTNG Shaker Motor from another member. This is an after-market mod created by Martin at Pinbits.

It runs off of tapping into the first Flasher wires in the back box (red and blue) and is grounded in the back box (black wire). Then runs to a small board in the main cabinet, which in turn connects to the shaker motor.

I installed correctly - and it worked for about half a game, then stopped. Fuses are okay, I believe, Flashers work.... Figuring it had to do with the Flasher wire taps, I installed new wire taps. Still nothing. No red light on board, which indicates power. I then directly spliced in the connections, knowing how inconsistent wire taps can be.

Still nothing.

I checked the voltage with a multimeter, and between 8-10 DC Volts are reaching board - 10 volts at source - 8 volts by the time it gets to board. (I know the flashers are supposedly run on 20 Volts - wondering if this is my issue?)

The other option would be something with board.

One other thing, it has turned on and worked briefly a couple times... Almost like the correct power somehow got through - or stored up on board?

I've contacted Pam at Pinbits several times - no response from them.image.jpgimage.jpg

Anyone have any insight...

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Have you gone into flasher lamp test and tested the "tapped" backboard lamps? It could be that they are not getting proper signal or voltage.
edit...I just re-read that you tested and it could very well be the low voltage readings. Seems to me that you would want to redo the flasher connections/wires to get the voltages you need.

Yeah, perhaps. Would love to know for sure what the expected voltage needs to be. The thing that confuse me is that it worked for half a game. It makes me wonder if the shaker "shook" something on the board...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 64.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 63.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingDaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-shaker-motor-issues?tu=KingDaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.