(Topic ID: 92731)

STTNG Right in-lane & Right out-lane fused together???

By Bumper

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by spidey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

When the ball goes through the Right in-lane (Switch 17) then also Right out-lane (Switch 18) triggers in the switch test. The other way around too.

If I disconnect the 2-wire in-lane Proximity sensor from the board, the switch-test says Right Out-lane. There is no reaction if I touch the Out-lane switch when the In-lane Proximity sensor is disconnected from the board.

Both the Right In-lane (Switch 17) and Right Out-lane (Switch 18) are triggered if I disconnect the 4-wire power from the in-lane Proximity board and I touch the Right Out-lane.

How could that be possible? What steps should I take to resolve this?

#2 5 years ago

The switch matrix thinks switches are activated when the wires in the x/y crossing are shorted. So for it to think 17 and 18 are both activated, it would see a short for Green-Brown, White-Violet and White-Gray. What's odd is that if you had two row wires shorted, then you'd see similar behavior across all column 7/8 switches, like Center 45 target and Right 45 target. But maybe you have damaged wires and it's the power connector for the eddy board and the white-gray (sw 18) wire. Can't really explain the behavior but suggest you look for damaged wires in the area. You can also do continuity checks and look for shorts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tampa, FL
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Heerhugowaard, NH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 16.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Machine - For Sale
Elmhurst, IL

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside