(Topic ID: 65639)

STTNG speaker/dmd panel repro - Petition for production! POLL added.

By Triumvirat73

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Gov
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you purchase a reproduction of the STTNG speaker/DMD panel if it was to be made available?”

• YES!!! Make it so!! 55 votes
    82%
  • I don't own a STTNG but those who do seem like a nice lot and they deserve one. 8 votes
    12%
  • Hell no! What's Star Trek? 4 votes
    6%

(67 votes)

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Hi folks,

Seems as though these are impossible to come by so I've been asked to change this post to a petition. Please vote in the poll and let's see if we can get someone to take on the order. If licensing permission is obtainable from Planetary Pinball of course.

Cheers,
Greg

#2 10 years ago

I would consider a good condition used panel as well. Hit me up if you have an extra one sitting around.

#3 10 years ago

Bump it up.

#4 10 years ago

I'd love for someone to repro these. Mine's intact, just very yellowed as I'm sure most of them are. :[

#5 10 years ago

Is there perhaps some unusual licensing snag that has stopped this particular part being repro'ed? Seems odd that a part that seems to be so difficult to acquire hasn't been remade yet. It's not a BBB board or something made from unobtanium or anything. Am I missing something obvious?

#6 10 years ago

I would be interested in one as well if someone reproduces these. Mine is ok, but just yellowed a bit.

-c

#8 10 years ago

Add me to the list of would like

#9 10 years ago

I spoke to Planetary Pinball who has the rights for this machine and they suggested to email to the helpdesk on Bay Area Amusements website and ask about it. I would imagine if everyone asked about a run then maybe they would actually do it so let's all send an email to them and see what they say.

#10 10 years ago

With mine, that would be 6 in this run! Lets getrdone.

#11 10 years ago

Maybe consider changing the title of the post to see if we can get a number that is worth running.

It worked for that new shadow translite, I have one of those coming too!

#12 10 years ago

Post changed to a petition with a poll added.

Let's try and make it happen!

Cheers,
Greg

#13 10 years ago

I need one, mine is smudgy looking. Just got a repro for TZ and it is glorious.

#15 10 years ago

Just cleaned mine with Maguiars PlastX and the smudges are gone. Guess I don't need one now. Give it a try if it's cloudy looking.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Just cleaned mine with Maguiars PlastX and the smudges are gone. Guess I don't need one now. Give it a try if it's cloudy looking.

Wish I could. Mine has a hole in it.

#17 10 years ago

Still on the lookout if anyone has a decent used one in the meantime.

#18 10 years ago

I'd buy a repro too!, here's another vote.
Dan

1 week later
#20 10 years ago

Have people been emailing PPS? If enough people do and they can see they can make some easy money/sales then that may be enough to get them to do a run.

#21 10 years ago

I'd buy one

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Scooby:

Have people been emailing PPS? If enough people do and they can see they can make some easy money/sales then that may be enough to get them to do a run.

I couldn't agree more. Rick's a touch busy with the whole MM re-makes atm, but making him aware of considerable interest in something that can easily be done would certainly help move the possibility forward.

Keep the dream alive people!

#23 10 years ago

Mine's in great shape, but yes, I would love to see repros.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Mine's in great shape, but yes, I would love to see repros.

Sell me yours then!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Sell me yours then!

It's on my STTNG. Don't have any extras.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

It's on my STTNG. Don't have any extras.

Oh, I figured that, but I had to try.

#27 10 years ago

I'm in for one.

#28 10 years ago

Absolutely, count me in.

#29 10 years ago

*bump* any news? Who would be capable of producing this and are they aware of this thread?

#30 10 years ago

Bump it up to keep the dream alive!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from eXntrc:

*bump* any news? Who would be capable of producing this and are they aware of this thread?

I got a PM from Rick at PPS that vaguely eluded to the fact that they are in the works but with no ETA of completion. Perhaps if he sees a growing interest on the forums (of which he's been quite active on lately) he could be persuaded to drop the whole MMR thing and get these done for us.

#32 10 years ago

That's good. Would love to hear from Rick if he wants to share any details.

Since I've never bought a repro like this before, what would be included? Would it just be the print on something like plexi? Would it be the entire wooden board without the speaker grills? Would it be the entire thing?

#33 10 years ago

Yes, please. Mines is all jacked up.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from eXntrc:

That's good. Would love to hear from Rick if he wants to share any details.
Since I've never bought a repro like this before, what would be included? Would it just be the print on something like plexi? Would it be the entire wooden board without the speaker grills? Would it be the entire thing?

I would guess just the plexi.

#35 10 years ago

Pre-weekend bump.

#36 10 years ago

What's Ricks user name? Have you invited him to this thread?

#37 10 years ago

PPS is his username. I'm half joking about him taking notice of this thread (although I have PM'ed him with a link to this thread on the small chance he has time to read it). I'm sure he's more than overwhelmed with the MMR locomotive at the moment, but I'd like to keep the thread alive for when things calm down a bit.

#38 10 years ago

Scan one in and have it printed?

#39 10 years ago

I got a PM from Rick at PPS that vaguely eluded to the fact that they are in the works but with no ETA of completion. Perhaps if he sees a growing interest on the forums (of which he's been quite active on lately) he could be persuaded to drop the whole MMR thing and get these done for us.

So what you're saying is ... STTNG is the next confirmed remake. Won't Stern and Steve Ritchie be surprised!

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Scan one in and have it printed?

PPS holds the licensing rights. Trying to circumvent that would be licensing piracy and I have no intention of getting myself perma-banned here.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

so what you're saying is ... STTNG is the next confirmed remake. Thought so.

Bahaha!

#42 10 years ago

PPS holds the licensing rights. Trying to circumvent that would be licensing piracy and I have no intention of getting myself perma-banned here.

If you print one for yourself and >only< yourself it should be ok. You could scan yours in, fix what's wrong with it "The hole for example" and print a new one. It gets hairy when you start distributing reproductions, thats when you get in trouble. I recently made reproduction TSPP cabinet decals. And I can't/won't sell them. But If I make them and put them on my own machine, no crime in that. As well, when/if you go and sell the machine with the decals attached. No crime in that either. You already own one panel. Making a copy to replace the one you have is not illegal, or at least I would assume. Music for example, you can make as many mix-tapes "copies" as you want. You just can't share/distribute it? Just don't make more than one, and don't sell them. You will be fine... Make It So

#43 10 years ago

I'd be interested in scanning mine and doing the color correction (mine is mainly sun faded and scratched). But how would I print it? Obviously not on paper. How would I get it on a material that I could re-apply to the board?

#44 10 years ago

Considering how easy it is to get a scratch in front of the DMD, all games from that era should have repros available.

#45 10 years ago

I'd take one.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from eXntrc:

I'd be interested in scanning mine and doing the color correction (mine is mainly sun faded and scratched). But how would I print it? Obviously not on paper. How would I get it on a material that I could re-apply to the board?

You have a few options. One option is to have this printed on gloss vinyl. Something thick, over 6mil either cut by hand or have it cut via a plotter cutter to cut the rounded corner DMD hole and speaker holes. Then have it laminated on both sides to make your DMD window. That or add a window behind the vinyl with a sheet of Mylar or clear plastic. In the end, it should look the same as the original. As well, if you have/find a printer that can print directly onto clear plastic that would be your best bet. The laminating method is the process I am using to make alternate speaker panels for my pins. I can take photos when they are done and provide better instructions whenever I finish.

#47 10 years ago

Friday bump!

#48 10 years ago

I'm in for one, mine has a slash down the middle.

1 week later
#49 10 years ago

Thirsty Thursday bump!

Just trying to keep the dream alive...

4 months later
#50 10 years ago

Im looking to buy sttng with missing panel, bump bump bump!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 64.99
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 85.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-plexi-speaker-dmd-panel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.