9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by FreeBee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider foxct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Recently got an STTNG and have had a hard time raising playfield. I noticed that both the left and right playfield slide mechanisms are bent inwards. The pivoting piece on the playfield slide mechanism is bent inwards and does not pivot all that well. It's part A-16637-1 or 2, for left and right. I want to remove and try to straigthen or just replace.

My question is, does the playfield have to come out to remove the playfield slide mechanism, or can I tilt the playfield up on the wood rails and remove and replace. There are screws on the underside of the playfield I can see, but not sure if there are screws going in the side as well.

thanks

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the reply, I'm still getting used to working on machines and didn't want to open a hornets nest by trying to get these off without removing the playfield from the cabinet. I will take a closer look to see if there are any screws hiding on the underside

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Foxct, mine are bent inwards as well -- I'm not sure but that might be by design. My playfield lifts up just fine, though. You have to lift a little, then pull out until you hear a sort of "sproing", and then lift up the rest of the the way. At least, that's what I do.

Thanks, I will take a closer look at them when I get home. I seem to recall one being bent more than the other, so that the pivoting piece was getting stuck and not pivoting when it bumps the pin. This is my first game with this mechanism, and I'm sure my technique was bad, and the playfield weighs a ton.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from ozdinak:

I recently replaced both of my STTNG slide assemblies due to the same issue. In my case the bent assemblies were preventing the locking mechanism from locking properly, so although I could lift the playfield I couldn't lock it into place. Each slide assembly is attached to the underside of the playfield by 7 hex screws, as I recall, so no need to take out the playfield. The tricky part is getting at those screws if you can't lift or lock the playfield. I wound up lashing the playfield to the backbox with some bungee cords and had another person standing by keeping an eye on the playfield while I leaned into the cab to make the switch.

Thanks, I can tilt the playfield up on the wood rails. I will use a bungee and a helper as well. Very helpful, thanks again. This site is fantastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider foxct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-playfield-slide-mechanism?tu=foxct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.