• Latest reply 2 years ago by 22troy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

My STTNG started acting up. Periodically it would award locks and mission starts in the middle of a game. In switch test nothing activates when beating on the playfield. I’ve switched out the trough opto boards and repinned the connectors. Also I installed a new Opto board and cleaned a lot of the optos. I’ve noticed that sometimes the ColorDmd will go out when the issues are occurring. I’m leaning towards a drop in voltage somewhere. Does anyone have any ideas of what this possibly could be?

#2 2 years ago

Unplug the color DMD and play blind. If the game works, you know you have a power issue. Get a separate power source for the color DMD.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from 22troy:

I’ve noticed that sometimes the ColorDmd will go out when the issues are occurring. I’m leaning towards a drop in voltage somewhere. Does anyone have any ideas of what this possibly could be?

Thank you so much for including this information, without it you may have spent days following advice to troubleshoot your switch matrix.

Yep, your unregulated 12V is dropping; if you have a ton of mods sucking on 12V then that's probably the issue.

This is the entire unregulated 12 volt circuit: Yep 4 parts total and half of them aren't even needed for the game to work.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 2 years ago

Thank you guys. I just saw that it’s listed on the Colordmd website that this can be an issue. I don’t have a lot of mods though. Just the cannon laser kit, Colordmd, and the LED OCD boards for the GI and Inserts. If I’m reading this correctly I need to check BR5 and C30?

#5 2 years ago

I switched out BR5. I happened to have a extra new one. Didn’t have a C30, but reflowed. Fingers crossed. Thank you both for the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 173.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Everett, WA
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.