Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Bounty56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Previously repaired a gottlieb system 1 game and fixed bad connectors and bad acid damage to 100% working and a 1979 flash replaced tip102 on driver board to fix game. Had someone tell me sttng is pain to own, have opportunity to buy a game that was routed but has been HUO for last 16 years and is in great shape, do u think it will be that hard to own/ maintain given my repair experience level.

#2 10 years ago

So far I've been able to remove the boards and send in for repair as needed. But if I ever get stuck on something, not any good options for me to be able to move and take it in for repair. It's too wide and heavy. If you have that option then you should be good. Lots of help here but depends how much you want to keep racking your brain on troubleshooting. It's not an easy game to figure out stuff.

#3 10 years ago

They can be a pain to repair for sure. The subway system has so many opto's and a few known problem areas like the trough boards. Once you get the pin dialed in there great. I think you will be fine.

#4 10 years ago

It can be work, for sure, but I think it is worth it. I have had few problems since getting past the initial issues. The likeliest repair (at least from my experience) will be replacing the wiring harness to one or both cannons. It's not that hard, honestly.

#5 10 years ago

I have rebuilt 3 and I am working on my 4th. Once you go trough it all the way 100% I believe you will have as little or less than normal issues with the pin. When you remove everything from under the PF ....take your time. I would recommend saving some repair time and remove the subway clean all of the inserts and change over to LED bottom side. When subway is off replace the subway coils and re flow all of the optos on the vuks and subway itself. Also replace the ball trough boards ....if they are not bad they will be at some point.

Install the subway reinforcements from Marco - replace the stock weldement for start scoop with replacement from Marco. Again just a few tips.

#6 10 years ago

At this point I'm buying the pinball bulbs kit since it is 25% and run so much cooler heatwise and that will be it for awhile

#7 10 years ago

Also, replace the fkn crappy IDC connectors to the trough board. If these are flaky you will get all manner of weird and wonderful errors such as 2 balls being delivered to the shooter. All the optos must be working solidly for this game not to be royally screwed up!!! Fantastic game though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 63.95
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 85.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-ownership and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.