Just to help everyone, I found a good fix for the left canon going slow. I found that many were mentioning opening the gear box. Mine was just the shaft of the canon. It is literally a 15 minute fix.
1. Disconnect left opto and canon light under the pf and feed a good portion of the wire toward the upper PF. You need this to get the cannon out without soldering.
2. Take a picture of the underside, noting the positioning of the canon. Don't need this, but you never know, right?
3. Remove the 1/4" screw and washer at the base of the shaft.
4. Lower the PF and shimmy the post out, being sure that the wires do not become taut. The post will make it out with a little slack left. Mine did, ayway.
5. The shaft will have black gunk that is pretty tough to get off. I used fast orange pumice hand wash on a paper towel. Cleaned it in a minute! I used the same with a stick rag thing I have for the hole.
6. Greased the hole and edge of the hole with bearing grease.
My canon is now like new without an annoying process of cracking open the gear box. Hope this saves someone time!