IMG_20240414_093008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_092918 (resized).jpg
UWB DMD Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
17022 (resized).jpg
IMG_2120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2194 Fix for low 12V voltage and slow cannons. Linked to ColorDMD Install. Posted by mavantix (6 years ago)

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (5 years ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (5 years ago)

Post #4774 Tubing used for ends of flipper return lanes. Posted by Gogojohnnyquack (3 years ago)

Post #8277 Disable Officer's Club from the high scores in attract mode. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Post #8653 LX-8 ROM Release with link and description. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steve100.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8313 1 year ago
Quoted from bsanders:

I had issues with my spinner not sitting correctly. I tried to bend it a little and it broke. The best replacement I could find was made for No Fear. It functions, however it also does not sit correctly. It is angled toward the player slows down an orbit shot. Any suggestions? Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thepitchwitch has the spinner sans decal in stock - try here https://shop.thepinwitch.com/Game-Specific/Williams-75/Star-Trek--tng/Spinner-for-Star-Trek--tng.html

Cheers

#8315 1 year ago

Hi, I am about to restore a STTNG. have hunted down most of the parts.

I can’t find a Borg ship anywhere. Does anyone know of one for sale anywhere ?

Thanks

4 weeks later
#8453 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

J108 does have power and will do the job, however you MUST ensure that J108 is ALWAYS connected - failure to do this will result in damaging the Aux 8 driver board and locking on coils. Whereas using J107 to power the tie-back eliminates this risk.
Regardless of whether you are connecting the tie-back to J107 or J108, it is CRITICAL that you use pin 1 (which ties it to the 50V line that powers the coils on the Aux 8 driver board). If for example you used pin 2 or 3 for the tie-back, while it would seem to work, a failure of the respective fuse (F104 or F105) would result in damaging the Aux 8 driver board and locking on coils.

This is an excellent insight. I should have STTNG arriving next Thursday. Really looking forward to it.

3 weeks later
#8533 1 year ago
Quoted from ptolemy:

Just checking to see if others are having the same issue I am with the repro borg ship from Planetary Pinball (Borg Ship 03-8996 STTNG). I swapped it in for my old one and it does not fit at all. The original lines up fine with the three screw posts but this one is off by at least a 1/2 inch or more. I tried screwing down the rightmost screw and bending the ship to line up but it is too far off to fit. I know these are made from the original molds but just surprised they are off this much. I'm going to have a friend who has an STNNG try as well to see if it is unique to my machine but thought I'd ask the collective hive....

I have an original and just received a brand new from PPS a few days ago. Both align to the same holes. Maybe some pics ?

Cheers

#8534 1 year ago

My STTNG have arrived in Menai Sydney, and is undergoing remedial service.

Permission to come aboard

Cheers,
Steve

1 week later
#8553 1 year ago

Comet STTNG led kit - anyone installed or comments ?

Hi STTNG Captains,

Has anyone installed a Comet kit, ideally with flashers ? Very interested to see what you thought. Also any other opinions.

I would prefer to piece part install one with my selected LEDs in stages as the kit is an unknown, but multiple postage cost to Australia impacts on this. Also time to work through.

Thanks

#8590 1 year ago

Pop bumper hitting beta ramp - any fix ?

Hi all, doing many thinks to my new STTNG. Now working on the pop bumpers.

Does anyone have a solution to the bumper ring banging into the underside of the beta ramp ?

Thanks

#8593 1 year ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Remove the ring, grind off the offending area with a bench grinder or dremel tool, polish the edge on a buffing wheel, reinstall. I did this with a T2 pop ring where a metal post was installed (from the factory) so close that the ring wore down the side of it. Took a small semicircle off the edge and it's all good now.

Thank you both. Occam’s razor strikes again. Unsure how long it would have taken me to get to same conclusion.

I have had to trim the pop bumper stand-up. New ones are slightly taller. Amazon delivering a Dremel tonight.

#8596 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I simply placed three small washers under the pup bumper bracket(underside of playfield mind you) This lowers the ring by that small amount and mine has never hit the ramp since then. (starship ramps) could probably do two washers if need be. simple fix.

Very nice - thank you

2 weeks later
#8634 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

My sttng is being a total asshole again… multiple balls kicking into the trough, all that stuff. So annoying. Oh well at least my biceps are huge from lifting the playfield.

Same issue recently. Replaced to through TX & RX boards with Homepin. Problem solved.

Cheers

1 week later
#8688 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Upgrade to something new which you will use every single game.
This works fantastic for $59 for the SET
[quoted image]
https://www.pinballlife.com/7-opto-trough-board-set-for-williamsbally-widebody-pinball-machines.html

+10 on the home pin set. Swap and go. Through problems no more

#8690 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Yes, the pin came with new homepin boards, its the connectors that are suspect.

Understand the need. I am away at the moment. I can help please with photos after the 27th if you do not get any in the meantime.

Cheers

1 month later
#8939 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

No, worries. I have noticed the people on this thread for this game. Are super nice.

I have been on pinside around 6 months. This thread, and in general, I have found pinsiders to be super nice and super helpful. The best of people. I very much appreciate the help and nature of what others have shared with me. A very big thank you.

1 month later
#9134 11 months ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Indy would have something to say about that! [quoted image]

wow - what a beautiful line up. I can only dream.......

3 weeks later
#9194 10 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

[quoted image]
"To the Battle Bridge!!"
[quoted image]
"Lieutenant Worf you’re in command of the saucer section...."
"But Captain…."
"That’s an order Lt Commander!"
[quoted image]
"Prepare for battle!"
[quoted image]
"Message to Starfleet...We have engaged the Borg!"

Fun write-up

Questions please

1 - how do you rate the precision halos for game play ?
2 - do you have the precision bushings ?
3 - do you have the shaft link arm clamps ?

Thank you

#9197 10 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I've got Halos with the precision bushings and shaft link arm clamps in almost all my machines (I've kept my TZ original)
I love the look of the silver Halos on STTNG. The mirrored surface really picks up the playfield and gives it a sleek future look. Huge step up from standard flippers for this pin (aesthetics)
In terms of game play, I love the control that the bushings and precision flippers give. I use low bounce Titans with them, and the combo has definitely helped me be a better player (although I'm far from competitive)
The various ramp and loop shots on STTNG are really satisfying, but it was really arduous for me to dial in the flipper angle with the traditional flippers. Being able to quickly make very small adjustments with the precision flippers has been a big win for me
Ever since I purchased my first pin almost 30 years ago, I've despised the traditional flipper shaft clamps with the light of a thousands suns. The D-clamps on precision flippers are an absolute joy for me, and a must have.
Overall, it was a leap of faith to get the precision flippers, but I very quickly got them for all my pins except my TZ. Since then, I've upgraded to Halos and bushings and d clamp as they've all become available and have been very happy

Thank you hugely for the detailed write up.

STTNG is my 1st pin, and I am having trouble getting the flippers dialled-in, so the adjustment part is very attractive. Also bushings and d-camps seem to remove other issues as well.

The silver halos do look very good. I was wondering if they would work, and your pictures are helpful.

The d-clamps seem to be out of stock. I will connect with 1956Pinhead to see if I can backorder. I only want to do one ship to Oz.

Cheers from Sydney

#9221 10 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I did but in a second wave of upgrades after the D clamps came out. For the upper flipper, aesthetics are fantastic, but the big win is being able to really dial in the flipper angle for the ramp shot. Definitely recommend swapping out all three flippers

If you can, I’d be very interested to see a photo and the positioning of your upper flipper. Will help on initial set-up.

Your lower flipper photo was not what I was expecting to see. Tips are lower than I would have expected.

Also, is you machine on approx 6.5 degrees playfield ?

Many thanks

1 month later
#9462 8 months ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

PRECISION FLIPPERS - Review!
Things to consider BEFORE reading this review.
If you haven't restored your machine (don't read)
If mods or enhancements break your budget (don't read)
If you believe somehow leaving your machine "original" makes it better or more valuable, (don't read)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IF you want your machine to be IT'S BEST, continue please...
When properly installed, this product WILL drastically enhance the operation of your machine....period!
The combination of steel flipper bat, "keyed shaft", highly engineered steel bushing with copper interior, new linkage AND accurately (and easily) adjusted flipper positioning produces OUTSTANDING POWER and PERFORMANCE!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: This is not a cheap upgrade, however a VITAL one, considering it is enhancing every game you play.
Summery: If you are counting pennies until you can replace your old coil sleeves, this isn't for you. However if you've upgraded to PinSound, Color DMD, and leds, this is a MUST DO for your machine.
You want whole system, not just the flipper bats.
(btw -replace your flipper sleeves while doing this )
https://precisionpinballproducts.com/

Do you have some installed pics please. Very interested. Thanks

8 months later
#10305 21 days ago
Quoted from sllerts:

You mean the whole spinner and wire? I could not find the exact spinner, only generic that I could bend myself: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-7861-KU
This looks like the official part, but it's discontinued and I can't find it anywhere: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19308

Available new here https://shop.thepinwitch.com/Game-Specific/Williams-75/Star-Trek--tng/Spinner-for-Star-Trek--tng.html?language=en

Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 85.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.95
$ 64.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steve100.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club?tu=steve100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.