IMG_20240414_093008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_092918 (resized).jpg
UWB DMD Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
17022 (resized).jpg
IMG_2120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2194 Fix for low 12V voltage and slow cannons. Linked to ColorDMD Install. Posted by mavantix (6 years ago)

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (5 years ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (5 years ago)

Post #4774 Tubing used for ends of flipper return lanes. Posted by Gogojohnnyquack (3 years ago)

Post #8277 Disable Officer's Club from the high scores in attract mode. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Post #8653 LX-8 ROM Release with link and description. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nyp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6556 2 years ago

Don't see replacement borg ships available anywhere, surprised this part hasn't been remade yet, am I just not finding it? Without a replacement I see 2 options, get them custom painted, but I'm more of an original parts guy, or bleaching them with some sort of chemical? And I assume replacing the blue windows if I go that option.

2 months later
#6793 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Could it be sticking in that circular groove it has created?

That is correct, the bracket with the circular groove worn into it is what causes the plunger to stick, change that and it won't stick any more. That problem has nothing to do with magnetism or the plunger.

2 months later
#7135 2 years ago

anyone have a source for replacement 2K trimmer pots for the STTNG eddy pcb's ? I want to replace mine but want to make sure I get the right ones, Digikey and Mouser have what looks like it might work but want to be sure. The williams part number is 5014-1 0260-00.

Here's what I found so far: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Amphenol-Piher/PT10LV10-202A2020-S?qs=pCZPOPZMYPhb8H8I5oW3PQ%3D%3D

#7139 2 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

I don't know how accurate my notes are and what the differences between the two are but I have this as the replacement.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Amphenol-Piher/PT10LV10-103A2020?qs=PZ1ub9NEDaWrX8IHli%2FVDQ%3D%3D

that must be for a different board, STTNG seems to call for 2K ohms and horizontal mount is more likely to fit better, but thanks. If someone has the correct ones I would appreciate it. Or if these will work: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Amphenol-Piher/PT10LV10-202A2020-S?qs=pCZPOPZMYPhb8H8I5oW3PQ%3D%3D

#7145 2 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

The eddy board trim pots are Piher PT10LV10-103A2020-S (10k Ohm 20 % 0.15 W). There's a seller on eBay who has lots of 24 at $12.72 for the lot (search on the part number without the "-S").

The manual says they’re 2k and it’s stamped 2k on the pot, what am I missing ?

#7159 2 years ago

Still trying to order the right pot, going for the 2K because that's what's written on the pot. Anyone know if I should get a single turn or multi turn pot? Maybe I should be asking for a good sativa while I'm at it ......

#7160 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Still trying to order the right pot, going for the 2K because that's what's written on the pot. Anyone know if I should get a single turn or multi turn pot? Maybe I should be asking for a good sativa while I'm at it ......

think I answered my own question with a little research, Green Crack. Actually wound up going with the single turn......

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Amphenol-Piher/PT10LV10-202A2020-PM-S?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv0NwlthflBi%252BiwTKqsD8Sdvf11KnTl4Ss%3D&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD

#7167 2 years ago

Anyone ever try the apron decals from Pinball Heaven UK ? I just got them and wasn't expecting them to be on clear see through decals. I thought they would be printed with a black background. Just checking to see if anyone has had good luck installing these and how you did it. I'm thinking, painting the old apron black and clearcoating it before applying the decals. I'm afraid of bubbles showing up in the clear part of the decal. I'm also not sure if I want to clear over the decals, could turn into a nightmare, I'll likely decide on that after I apply the decals. TIA

#7173 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I assume they did that because the apron is already black.
If you wanted something different; pinball.center sells the decals on mirror film.
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/star-trek-the-next-generation/3041/apron-decals-on-mirror-film-for-star-trek-the-next-generation

Yes I think you assume correctly. I never had good luck with clear decals looking hazy or bubbly. Also think I’m going to skip clearing over them, could turn into a disaster. Have to decide if I’ll do them dry or with rapid tac.

1 week later
#7272 2 years ago

Anyone have problems with the eddy sensors working in the Mirco playfields because the ball sensor isn’t routed deep enough to sense the ball rolling over it up top ?

#7275 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I haven’t heard that but even if it isn’t routed at exactly the same depth can you account for that by readjusting to sensor board? Are both acting up?

I have to make sure my eddy pcb's are alight first and test again, I changed the pot to a 2K pot and now neither works at all. I either bought the wrong pots or thinking of trying a 10K pot. The manual said 2K but some here said theirs was 10K.

#7277 2 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

Yes, I noticed that issue with the routing on a recent playfield swap I did for a customer. Before I dove into the swap I performed a test with the ball sensor (inductor) installed and connected to an eddy board powered via an external supply, and it seemed the sensor and board adjustments were able to compensate for the larger gap between the ball and the sensor.
During acceptance testing the eddy board showed signs of drift after the game was powered on for an extended period, so I opted to replace both the IC and the trimmer pot; the board was much more stable after that. (I had a pair of the Australian guy's self-adjusting boards on hand but didn't need to use those.)
If I do another ST:TNG playfield swap I'll adjust the depth of the routing to match the original...

Thanks for the input! Did you remember if the pot was 2K or 10K ? I wonder if the manual is wrong if there are 2 versions of the boards. The pots on my boards were definitely 2K and they look original.

#7278 2 years ago

OK a little time today to fuck around with this. When I take the sensor, (the connector with the resistor) out of the playfield it works fine if I hold it in my hand and test it in switch test. This is with my original eddy PCB's AND with the smart eddy's I bought from tangle. With the original Eddy PCB, it doesn't matter how sensitive I adjust the pot, it won't work with the sensor installed in the playfield, only by holding the sensor in my hand and passing a ball over it manually. Now the thought of trying to dig the notch in the playfield deeper makes me very nervous, if I break through I just ruined a playfield that's 100% finished. So I'm hoping someone out there who installed a mirco playfield had the same problem, and that maybe there's a cure, like changing the resistor to make it more sensitive. Anyone?

#7281 2 years ago

Ok was able to get the Eddy's working. Had to carefully deepen the holes that the sensor connectors fit into under the playfield. Very scary but went slow and used a depth gauge to keep checking, didn't press too hard and took my time. Used the original stock Eddy PCB's and soldered the black & red sensor wires directly to the board. Seems the replacement 2K pots did work after all. A little fine tuning of the pot and the sensors register in switch test every time. I'll keep the tangle replacement Eddy's as spares. Blood pressure back to a safe level.......

2 weeks later
#7399 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If by chattering you mean the rapid reset (3 times) after the ball is plunged then you are chasing a non-existent problem. On the plunge(for the modes that do not let the ball go in the top hole) the ball bounces around a lot after hitting the target and there's a chance it may go in. All STTNG will rapidly reset the target UP 3 times when hit on the plunge. It's a way to decrease the odds that the ball will go in the hole unintentionally. In regular gameplay it will not do that 3X reset.
I find it odd that people try to find problems where there aren't any. Is the game working? yes? leave it be!

Yes you are correct, all the Sttng’s reset the drop target multiple times by design, I think he’s chasing a problem that’s not a problem.

#7404 2 years ago

I don’t think the game is trying to reset the target when it pulses 3 times, it’s trying to make sure the target is knocked down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nyp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club?tu=nyp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.