Topic Stats

• 3,569 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by play_pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 191 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 960 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

thumbnail_IMG_20191008_173607 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Transluscent plastic-Bumpers-away (resized).jpg
Transluscent plastic-Bumpers-top (resized).jpg
Reflector-Perspective (resized).png
Reflector-Views (resized).jpg
Reflector Pos2 (resized).jpg
Reflectors Shields Lit (resized).jpg
Reflector Pos1 (resized).jpg
Shields Illumination (resized).jpg
Naceles Illum (resized).jpg
sttng ongm (resized).jpg
STTNG V2 PST (resized).jpg
STTNG v1 PsT (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (9 months ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3423 38 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hi all -
I'm curious if anyone knows where I can find some of the alternate translites? I've checked Ebay but there's mostly just the Stern one with the logo and ship from the new movies.
Also, I am looking for the apron guard wireforms. Inexplicably this machine is missing them. help me out? Thanks!!

Just bought one from Ministry of Pinball in the Netherlands(I’m in Canada). Shipping was reasonably quick. I like the design and quality of the material. The image of the Enterprise is crappy though. I looked up their website after receiving it and it’s identical. It’s not a manufacturing defect. Specifically, the spaceship windows cause ghost images/streaks. I’ve attached a pic. Look at the top portion of the ship.

I have purple LEDs behind the faces and title, green behind the borg cube and romulan ship, and white behind the enterprise. It’s not as purple in real life. Camera makes it weird.

Cheers,

Mike

F9ED6DCB-1920-4FAC-AB72-AA81D697A580 (resized).jpeg
#3424 38 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

[quoted image]

Nice design for the apron cards but having the wrong Enterprise makes it a non-starter for me. I understand the designer recycled his Stern ST cards for this but come-on. The WRONG ship!!! Wrong font for “INSTRUCTIONS” too, as well as the starfleet badge on the instructions card is wrong and different than TNG era. It’s all from the reboot movies.

Maybe I’m too picky.

Mike

#3427 37 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

...like a true Trekkie.

I know... i realize some guys here that own sttng are “pinballies” and not necessarily “trekkies”. Lol. Thats why i bite my tongue a little lol...

Just getting back in the collecting world after a 10 year break. Starting with sttng was easiest since the gf is also a trekkie. However, having only sttng for now is hard. It kicks my ass way too often. Damn outlanes lol.

Cheers,

#3455 34 days ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Just got mine in from Pinball Wizard (Ministry was out).
https://www.pinballwizard.nl/contents/en-us/p2957_translite_star_trek_next_generation_williams_pinball_flipperkast.html
Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image]
MASSIVE improvement!! Now I just need to LED this bad boy!

Where did you get your apron cards? They look awesome.

Mike

#3463 30 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does the Pinshaker um, shaker... allow you to connect to more than one trigger at a time? The left ramp would also be awesome, and the borg ship flashers

If you go with a Pinsound, you can set different types of vibrations based on specific sound/voice calls. Almost unlimited triggers... I am tempted!!

Cheers,

3 weeks later
#3545 9 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

At some point this weekend I am going to paint the model I printed - have not had any time to do anything so far, but I should be able to do a bit tomorrow. I also need to re-think the printing and see if I can get it to print so I don’t have to sand anything afterwards

A DLP printer would probably be better. It doesn’t make any ridges between layers. If you want to share your file I can give it a try and show you the results.

I printed the enterprise (phone beside for scale) and it has nice details and no layering.

You can also see the fine detail on the Bird of Prey (gun especially).

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg
#3547 9 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Really nice! I'm not investing in a new printer any time soon, but this print is just for sizing purposes (and the sizing on this one is a bit too small!). I'll check out the DLP printer, I hadn't heard of that before

They are nice but the compromise is print area size. The details are insane though. I use the Anycubic Photon. I have yet to try the clear resin(useful for lighting).

Mike

#3550 8 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow, quite a bit less $$ than I thought. Thanks for the info!

No problem!!

Mike

#3553 7 days ago

So here is my work in progress for my custom sounds (swear roms) on my Pinsound card. Once I am closer to the desired result I will make a better recording through the headphone jack.

There are still a few tweaks to make(already made some after this recording), as well as I am waiting for the next version of Pinsound Studio since it will allow prioritization of sound calls. Right now everything overlaps. So for example when Data talks and you press the flippers, capt Picard says F#@ you mr Data(or Thank you mr Data) but Data keeps talking.

The music is from 3 different sound packages made by others although I have adjusted some songs so the looping works.

I have a few modes that have alternate music and it’s random so difficult to record all possibilities. Same goes for Picard’s funny calls. Sometimes he says it without swearing, sometimes he swears. Keeps it fresh and not annoying

The Youtube link is “unlisted”. Please don’t publish it elsewhere. It’s just WIP.

* If swearing offends you then this is not for you! Move along! Obviously not kid friendly but my kids are adults now so all good *

BTW My favourite sound call is Picard saying FAN-F@#$NG-TASTIC around the 1:15 mark. lol

Cheers,

Mike

#3555 7 days ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

That's awesome! My favorite is at 4:10...

He says way better things but it didn’t happen this time... instead of saying “Q.. what are you doing here” he calmly says: “Q... Go f#@$ yourself.”
And sometimes after Q says “let’s play a little game”. Picard answers “Where would you like to put it now Q?”. That quote comes from the funny roms(lx7). The background music for that mode is sometimes the mariachi music from the “Deja Q” episode.

Lol

#3557 6 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Are they all in the cast’ voices? I’ve heard those sessions were remarkably funny

The funny roms aren't really all that funny. It's mostly the actors goofing off (out of character). Patrick Stewart did say "Where do you want to put it now Q?". There's a setting in the adjustments for "Alternate Sound", which, when turned on, will give you some of those quotes once in a while. Switched it off after 2 weeks. The call outs gets annoying and unfortunately have nothing to do with game play. Most of the "funny" stuff is heard in attract mode when you press both flipper buttons. You get to cycle through 8-10 funny quotes. There are many game quotes and goofy quotes on the roms that were never programmed into the game and are never heard at all. Pinsound studio lets you see/hear all the ROM audio whether it's used in the game or not.

However, even with "Alternate Sound" switched off, there are differences with the regular roms. Capt Picard quotes often have "Patrick" added. So he'll say "Brilliant, Patrick" or "Fantastic, Patrick". I took those out with Pinsound. The nice addition with the special roms is that there are 4 different capt's log entries for end game and they reflect what you have accomplished in the game.

In addition to the generic one from the regular roms, there are log entries for Q, the Borg, and the final frontier. Of course I have made alternate versions of those as well with captain Picard swearing a little.

#3559 6 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The best line I have noticed is “We will never surrender... unless you pay us enough!”

Agreed... number one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside