IMG_20240414_093008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_092918 (resized).jpg
UWB DMD Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
17022 (resized).jpg
IMG_2120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2194 Fix for low 12V voltage and slow cannons. Linked to ColorDMD Install. Posted by mavantix (6 years ago)

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (5 years ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (5 years ago)

Post #4774 Tubing used for ends of flipper return lanes. Posted by Gogojohnnyquack (3 years ago)

Post #8277 Disable Officer's Club from the high scores in attract mode. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Post #8653 LX-8 ROM Release with link and description. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider midcoastsurf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4742 3 years ago

Curious what everyone is using for art blades? I've seen the ones from retro refurbs, but looking for pics with them on a game. I really like their alt translite.

#4744 3 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Personally, I prefer mirror blades. I purchased mine from Cointaker (https://cointaker.com/products/bally-slash-williams-dmd-mirror-blades-641d4844-5457-4d63-a1f9-7d32d771e681). I feel it really expands the playfield and looks great. When you talk about the translite, do you mean this one? (https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/star-trek-the-next-generation-characters-alternate-pinball-translite/)
If so, I just ordered it a few days ago. It was made by a fellow pinsider, and I think it looks great!

Yes, that's the company for the alt translite. I personally prefer the non-character version, but both look WAY better than stock. Thanks for the links.

#4747 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Does anyone have a good scan of the default translite picture? I'd like to photoshop my kids into it and hang it in their room. They've actually gotten pretty good at the game (3 and 6) and i know they'd love it. The only ones I've found are medium resolution at best.
thanks!

May as well drop by and pick up a backlit translite frame for it . Cool idea!

#4748 3 years ago

Has anyone cut out "Engage" into this spinner holder? I've seen the sticker, but wondering if there is a way to cut out the letters in the metal - possibly even a way to uplight the letters with frosted acrylic backing underneath? Maybe there's no room to light it up with the spinner in the way, but laser cutout "Engage" could be cool.

engage (resized).PNGengage (resized).PNG
#4751 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I'm sure Mantis could make it....pretty straight forward....is that supposed to be mounted on the rear hole btw?

Kerry's a rock star. Just an idea I had. Not sure about mounting - found the pic on Google.

1 week later
#4767 3 years ago

Head is off and almost ready for its maiden voyage to the basement. I tried taking the playfield out...but heavier than expected. Holy crap. Excited to start repairing and cleaning up my first STTNG.

2CC2584A-33FD-4DD0-BD08-5EF928AD551A (resized).jpeg2CC2584A-33FD-4DD0-BD08-5EF928AD551A (resized).jpeg
#4769 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Congrats! looks like you've scored a very nice one and such a fun game to play

Thanks!

#4790 3 years ago

Anyone lifted out the playfield fully populated? How heavy do you think it weighs? Debating doing this to get it into the basement. Head is already off. Stair entrance is tight and landing is tight. So, lighter the better. I did see the hoist/ratchet strap video with the lift, but that doesn’t help with getting the playfield back into the game once in the basement.

#4807 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

WD-40 should never be used on any part of a pinball machine, you just need to take it apart and clean it, when you put it back together, use a tiny bit of PTFE grease to lube the shaft.
You are going to have to remove this mech from the machine to clean it properly; you should only have to take out the coil stop to remove the coil from the mech, then remove the six screws attaching it to the bottom of the playfield and the whole thing will come right out. Once you have it out you will be able to see how it works better, make sure you sure to use a bore brush and the degreaser of your choice to get all the gunk out of the shafts sleeve.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting this type of info with pics. Saves a lot of headache and gives confidence in tackling this machine.

#4822 3 years ago

I need to replace the GI header pin on my driver board. Any other maintenance I should do to help bullet proof while the board is out of the game? For example, any grounding mods or capacitors that should be replaced?

#4830 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The cannons would look fine on T2 but I agree they seem out of place on this game. The EL wire could look pretty cool but it would REALLY be cool it it were chase-lights that follow the ball on launch!! Make it so!

Exactly! I thought about the same thing for the Tron ramps.

1 month later
#5058 3 years ago

I finally moved my STTNG project into my basement. My weird stairway/hallway set up requires removal of the head, so it's a pain. I set the game up, plugged all the connectors backed in, checked my pics pre tear down best I could and double checked everything was plugged in and all that happens is it boots into attract mode but only the DMD and sound work. I can get some coils to fire if I try to start a game (ball search - no balls in the game yet).

I did replace J115 header connector, but have not plugged in J115 as I need to re-pin the connector. Fuses F904 (left flipper) and F104 (solenoids) are blown, but I don't have any 3A SB fuses on hand to replace yet.

That said, shouldn't the feature/insert lights work since GI and solenoids are what should be out given fuses and J115 unplugged?

TIA

6E7878BB-C5F0-4587-B162-711D8FB7D0F8 (resized).jpeg6E7878BB-C5F0-4587-B162-711D8FB7D0F8 (resized).jpeg
#5065 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Yes, I would Measure F114 with your meter to make sure its not blown.

I’ll check again. Thought I checked all fuses on all boards (removing one end of the fuse). BUT, I will double check. Thanks!

#5068 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Yes, I would Measure F114 with your meter to make sure its not blown.

Pulled F114 out of game and it tests good.

I’ll replace F904, F104, new connector on J115 and report back.

UPDATE: Geeeeeez, I feel like an idiot. It helps when your ribbon cable is hooked up. I left it disconnected to tuck wires behind it and didn’t see it behind the wires.

D90942C5-1D5E-492D-B28F-D0594BE4D686 (resized).jpegD90942C5-1D5E-492D-B28F-D0594BE4D686 (resized).jpeg
#5076 3 years ago

My left cannon motor has a wire that broke off and looks like it took the lug with it. Is there a way to strengthen the bond beyond just soldering to the little pad that’s left on the motor?

83AF4D46-A63E-4E2D-9008-D6FBB33EAFA8 (resized).jpeg83AF4D46-A63E-4E2D-9008-D6FBB33EAFA8 (resized).jpeg
#5087 3 years ago
Quoted from ultraviolet:

Duhh! Makes sense! Thanks for helping the newbie.
Next project: cleaning the gummed up (very slow to retract) diverters. Any easy way to do this without removing them from beneath the playfield? I've tried wiggling them back and forth to spread the existing internal grease/oil but that didn't help.

Based on what I’ve read, remove them and clean throughly with a bottle brush. There’s a post with pics in here somewhere. I’d remove to clean out the gummed up crap. I need to do this with my top (Borg?) diverter that locks a ball.

#5091 3 years ago

I’m missing the plastic that goes over the 3 stand up targets above the right sling. Anyone have an extra one? I don’t care if it’s cracked or glued. (Photo credit to MrBellMan).

3730C040-13E3-4BD4-990B-3E9175EEB6E7 (resized).jpeg3730C040-13E3-4BD4-990B-3E9175EEB6E7 (resized).jpeg
#5093 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Marco has the part you need, I just ordered one.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1803-12
[quoted image]

Thanks! I didn’t even think of it being sold outside a full set.

#5114 3 years ago

Working through a trough board opto issue. LED 7 emitter does not light up. I replaced with the Mouser part referenced in this thread. The LED does not glow in camera view like the others. Should this newer style? Just as I look at this photo again looks like the top side trace could be cracked. I’ll check continuity.

7149AD7F-2D31-449F-9564-0E0740AD2800 (resized).jpeg7149AD7F-2D31-449F-9564-0E0740AD2800 (resized).jpeg

Helps if you check top size continuity as well. Trace was broken.

BEDB58F1-A56E-49C0-8E42-650DAD688653 (resized).jpegBEDB58F1-A56E-49C0-8E42-650DAD688653 (resized).jpeg
#5116 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

looks horrible and bet the back looks worse and needs re-soldering

Should have mentioned board was hacked to hell before I got it. Realized board was cracked/bent between LED 6 and 7. Yes, had to run a few jumpers to fix broken traces. Works now!

BDE75FB3-B67D-4004-8116-CDE682813DAB (resized).jpegBDE75FB3-B67D-4004-8116-CDE682813DAB (resized).jpeg

#5117 3 years ago

Can finally start a game now that trough opto is fixed.

All 3 flippers are super weak. I cleaned the flipper board opto and checked and cleaned both EOS switches. Flipper coils only getting 20vDC. Trough kick out coil is at 70vDC. All other coils seem strong.

#5121 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Check the BR on the fliptronics board - it gets 50V AC from the transformer (via J102 -> J104 on the Power Driver board) and converts to 50V DC specifically for the flipper coils
The other PF coils use a separate BR on the Power Driver board.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the help. Pulled the board. BR1 tests good with DMM in diode mode. Noticed C2 is completely missing (tied to BR). Normal? The manual shows this part is listed. A Google image search shows this board with and without C2. The board has a warranty sticker of 1997. Possible this is a replacement board from a different game that didn’t need C2, but STTNG does?
FD781565-C684-4F4C-85C6-3120D73EA91F (resized).jpegFD781565-C684-4F4C-85C6-3120D73EA91F (resized).jpeg
76415A92-E506-4D1D-B6EA-B95320FD093B (resized).jpeg76415A92-E506-4D1D-B6EA-B95320FD093B (resized).jpeg

#5127 3 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Can finally start a game now that trough opto is fixed.
All 3 flippers are super weak. I cleaned the flipper board opto and checked and cleaned both EOS switches. Flipper coils only getting 20vDC. Trough kick out coil is at 70vDC. All other coils seem strong.

FIXED! Chris H. Suggested to look at J105. Sure enough o had it upside down (key is in the middle of 5 pins). Flipped it around and good to go! Should be on the left side.

B2263956-728F-45AA-880B-2F1B83D4F896 (resized).jpegB2263956-728F-45AA-880B-2F1B83D4F896 (resized).jpeg
#5147 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Tonight's additions and engineering fun!

Cool! Can you take a pic further away so I can see how it ties in with rest of game and the scale of the items? Nice job!

#5156 3 years ago

Driver board test point voltages question. I believe there’s an issue on my 18v circuit. If I go into “all lamp” test, the game resets instantly every time I try it. The game has the Kahr 5v reset board (was in the game when I got it) and will occasionally reset during a game - maybe once every 30-50 games. Looks like previous owner also replaced C6 and C7.

In attract mode, TP8 will go from 16.3 to 12.3v under load (ie when modes light all together).

I need to double check the previous board work, but guessing voltage dropping to 12.3 is too low? I’ll check BR1. Any other components I should be testing?

#5159 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Yes, 12.3 volts is too low. The 12V DC regulated voltage is derived from the 18V lamp voltage, and its this voltage the Khar board draws upon to create your +5VDC to power the CPU. Any issues with your 18V lamp voltage is going to have a significant impact on the CPU since this is now your voltage source for all CPU functions.
#Robbing Peter to pay Paul ... the debt always comes due.

Thanks, I’ll pull the board and check out the previous board work - BR1, C6/C7, and continuity while it’s out. Probably also check the 5v caps and bridges.

#5161 3 years ago
Quoted from BigMuddyCatfish:

Hi all,
I'm trying to get a high score to record on the officers club. I know the different tables have different ways to get on them but I can't seem to get on this high score list.
I have enabled buyins on my sttng pinball machine and set A.2 11 Buy in Count to 2 buy ins (when set to 1 buy in...the officers club high score list is never displayed.) The game is set to free play so to buy in again we just hit the "to be continued button". The lowest stock highscore on officers club is 500 million but after continuing twice and scoring 600 million nothing happens.
Perhaps it doesn't work with free play?
The intention is to give my kids/wife somewhere to start and get theirs names up there.
Thanks!

I have unlimited buy-ins/continues. You should see my 7 yo’s face when he gets to Final Frontier. Priceless.

#5164 3 years ago
Quoted from BigMuddyCatfish:

I played with the same settings as described originally and continued one time and scored over a billion. It should have replaced the lowest stock high score on officers club but once again nothing happened...
These are the high score table rules I found in another pinside topic
If your score beats the Grand Champion score, and you bought in one or fewer times, you get the Grand Champion score and nothing else. When you beat the GC, the old score is bumped onto another high score table as appropriate; if it qualifies for Q's Continuum it goes there, otherwise it goes on the Honor Roll.
If your score is better than the #4 Q's Continuum score (but not the GC), you get on that. Buy-ins don't matter.
If none of the above, your score is checked against the Honor Roll OR Officer's Club lists, depending on the number of buy-ins. One or fewer goes on the Honor Roll, more than one goes on the Officer's Club. Only if your score is high enough to make the lists, of course.

Could it be based on game rom version?

#5199 3 years ago

For those who have LED's in the backbox, how are you eliminating the fast, faint flickering of the bulbs? Did you use GI OCD or non-ghosting bulbs? I'm guessing the patched rom only works on the playfield inserts?

#5205 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Same. Most folks only get LED-OCD but in the case of STTNG you need the GI-OCD as well to enable the proper use of the "shields" insert in the game.
However you can go in the settings and disable GI power save feature and disable GI dimming. You will lose the shield functionality but it should also stop the flickering.

Will GI OCD also fix the flickering backbox LEDs?

#5208 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Can always just keep the original incandescent bulbs

Not even sure what that means. Joking

#5211 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

ANSWERS
Flicker LEDS? YES, that is what the GI OCD is designed to do....among other improvements. Countless examples on youtube. check it out. Also, go into TEST mod and go to GI Lighting Test. everything flickers until level 6 or 7, because your machine without GI OCD can't dim the leds.
PinSound board and speakers eliminates ALL the sound issues related to audio balancing. It's a 27 year IMPROVEMENT from 1993. What are you waiting for?
Your system is now a single 3-way mono low fidelity sound. PinSound is a 2.1 digital stereo system. drop the mic!

Turning off the GI saver and dimmer settings stopped the LED flickering in the backbox. I ended up only replacing about the top 1/3 to 1/2 with sunlight color LED's where the ships and space area are and left the bottom half incandescent for the warmer colors on the faces. I didn't have any warm white LED's on hand. Worked out pretty great for now. I'll eventually start upgrading the machine with ColorDMD, OCD boards, and Pinsound, but for now, working to get it mechanically sound.

#5213 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Simply put, "budget".

This. Haha. Buy some frames and let’s make it so!

#5215 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

RESTORING a STAR TREK NEXT GENERATION Pinball.
It's like anything else such as restoring a home or fixing a vintage car, ..cost and budget. This is a fantastic this page and I appreciate the answers and suggestions people make. Some people just want a pinball to play, others have it their home for a novelty, and still other are extreme avid collectors. It can be an expensive, passionate hobby, with tons of invested hours.
Honestly, if you decide to own a pinball machine, you will likely also be owning a set of tools and get really good at soldering.
BUDGET.. Pinball restoration CAN an WILL be expensive. Take your time...... It's the genuine LOVE of tinkering, enhancing, restoring, improving and breathing life back into something unique and special.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice game! Is the CPU the only original board in your game? My driver board is out for professional repair along with CPU for NVram install. I figured I need to have a solid working platform so I can start troubleshooting knowing it's not an 18v, 12v, 5v issue.

#5225 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

LED BULBS - What types and Why?
Fantastic description of all the little devices which light's up your pinball world.
Sharing this for everyone who wants it from Comet Pinball
https://www.cometpinball.com/pages/the-art-of-pinball-leds[quoted image]

Comet is my go-to for LED bulbs. Great variety and amazing service.

#5234 3 years ago

How fast should the trough register that a ball drained? My driver board is back from being professionally repaired and I believe I have dirty optos now that I know the driver board is giving proper voltages.

It can take 3-5 seconds for the game to realize the ball has drained.

The cannons can be slow to fire when a ball is in them (pull trigger multiple times, but trigger always launches a ball out of the shooter lane to select a mode first pull).

I'll be cleaning all trough optos and cannon optos and checking them in switch test, but was curious how quick this game was to register ball location.

#5247 3 years ago

How fast should the trough register that a ball drained? My driver board is back from being professionally repaired and I believe I have dirty optos now that I know the driver board is giving proper voltages.
It can take 3-5 seconds for the game to realize the ball has drained.
The cannons can be slow to fire when a ball is in them (pull trigger multiple times, but trigger always launches a ball out of the shooter lane to select a mode first pull).
I'll be cleaning all trough optos and cannon optos and checking them in switch test, but was curious how quick this game was to register ball location.

Realizing that trough opto switches for balls 5 (switch 62) and 6 (switch 61) are not registering in switch test which is likely leading to the game registering the ball drain 3-5 seconds late. I also ran across a post about issues with Switch 61 (ball 6) and how the coin mech can press against that edge of the trough board. Now I know how it cracked. Time to check my optos and continuity again on the trough board, now that my coin mech is removed and no longer smashing against the trough board. Wondering if this is also affecting the delayed trigger on the gun since the game has two optos not working in the trough.

#5250 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

First I've heard about this. Is this a stock Trough Board?
Have a link to share?

Mine appears to be stock. You can see the damage caused on page 103, post 5116:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club/page/103

Here’s a link to the post I read when searching for STTNG switch 61:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-switch-61-trough-rl-6-solved

#5252 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

COIN DOOR - BALL TROUGH
In reference to the damaged possibly being caused by the coin door mech (top) and rubbing against the end portion of the ball trough. Noted! I have the newer "rail" ball trough and the newer Optos boards as you can see in the photos. Without actually putting a camera "inside", it's hard to see it happen. But the evidence is there from the wear on the top of the coin mech. In my case, as best I can tell, the coin mech is rubbing the trough between the rail pivot screw and the opto board (metal portion of the trough).
I notice when I put the playfield down, the two metal handing brackets don't seat completely, until I open the coin door. And reclose it. It's like a 1/8 or 1/16 of an inch. I may use a drummel tool to shave that off. Thoughts anyone? Zitt? Pin_Guy?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is it possible the damage to your coin mech was done prior to you replacing the ball trough and board?

1 week later
#5293 3 years ago

My cannons are slow to fire, as in they won't launch the ball until a few seconds after it leaves home. Same issue on both cannons. Have to pull the trigger 3-4 times once it starts moving for the ball to fire. It's not the trigger switch and both optos register fine in switch test. Possibly a "home" issue thinking it's still in home for a long range as it swings out? I can't hit the Neutral Zone on the first sweep, I have to wait for it to return to home to hit shots.

#5296 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

The mark switch controls the cannons firing zone and is there to prevent folks from firing the cannon at the VUK. I have a post in this forum someplace that discusses the alignment of the two cannon switches.
EDIT: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club/page/36#post-3908111

Awesome, thank you! Will see what I can find out.

#5298 3 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

With regards to the cannon switches, it's worthwhile to replace the "mark" switches (5647-12693-58) with ones that have a roller actuator (5647-12693-06); these are more reliable than the -58 switches with the bent actuator (over time the bent part of the actuator can wear away from contact with the cam).
There was a factory retrofit kit available with the roller actuator switches (kit part number A-19153) which also included instructions on how to swap out the -58 switches, but it's pretty obvious what needs to be done: install a 1N4004 diode on the new switch in the correct orientation (banded end of diode faces switch "button", other end of diode to switch terminal on opposite end), unsolder wires to old mark switch, remove and replace mark switch, solder wires back on. Tweak the switch position as needed so the mark switch is closed when the cannon is in the home position.
Here's a picture of the left cannon, home switch at top of picture, mark switch (with roller actuator) at bottom of picture:[quoted image]

This is great info and pic is super helpful, thank you! Now I need to see what my set up is and what needs to be done.

1 month later
#5403 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Looking for feedback on our Extended Lane Guides and it's Install document at:
[quoted image]
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-williams-star-trek-the-next-generation-extended-lane-guides-stng-p-75.html
I'm also interested in judging demand for the product so that I don't order too small of a volume of initial production units. If you are interested in this product; please drop me a line via PM or the red notify link.

Sure, now I see this post, lol. I ordered some off eBay because that's all that came up with a Google search.

I would have ordered yours instead to support a fellow Pinsider/thread contributor. My only feedback is to remove the mouse bites before shipping and put a layer of bubble wrap between the two if concerned about scratches. Personally, I'm not a fan of doing additional work to a mod before installing - should be plug n' play unless it's a DIY mod I'm building like LED cat eyes for Demo Man handles. Just my 2 cents.

#5404 3 years ago

Anyone here done a DIY light up of the start mission scoop? I'm guessing you could tie in the scoop bulb to the start mission socket on the middle of the playfield so they are on at the same time? I've seen the kit on here for $27, but seems like it should just be some wiring, a socket, and a bulb? Not sure if a diode is required. Thanks!

#5409 3 years ago

Anyone know what part #'s these two posts are? My lower post that goes into the playfield has the threads of the top post broken off in it and the top hex wireform support is completely missing. Here's a pic of what I need (PC: Pezpunk). I found what I think might be the hex post on PPS site.

hex post (resized).PNGhex post (resized).PNGhex standoff (resized).PNGhex standoff (resized).PNGpost (resized).PNGpost (resized).PNG
#5411 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I think it's just one post, and the wireform screws into the top of it. I got my post from Marco's last year but it's no longer in stock:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=02-4934

Thanks! But that hex post screws onto the top of a regular playfield round post (the kind with the post sleeve) I believe. Looks like PPS is also out of stock on that long hex post, so may need to DIY something with threaded rod.

#5412 3 years ago

Thanks! But that hex post screws onto the top of a regular playfield round post (the kind with the post sleeve) I believe. Looks like PPS is also out of stock on that long hex post.

3 weeks later
#5493 2 years ago

Eric_Manuel - beautiful machine! This LCD screen in front of the wireform never gets nailed? I hit this wireform ramp all the time with air balls.

screen (resized).PNGscreen (resized).PNG
#5510 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

The home switch is probably fine since you didn't mention "Cant find home" errors or ball loading problems.
Both switches are normally closed when the cannon is parked at home; the cannon cannot fire if the mark switch is closed, so it should be adjusted to open as soon as the cannon clears things you wouldn't want to shoot a ball at.
[quoted image]

Trying to figure out delayed firing from both cannons. The "mark" switch is set to open after it clears the wireforms that lead to the cannons, and both "mark" switches show as "open" as soon as I want them to in test mode, BUT in game play, the cannons don't fire until the last 1/2 to 1/3 of their swing out rotation - which is well beyond where I have the "mark" switches set. For example, the soonest the left cannon will fire, will hit the right ramp shot (can't hit mode start scoop unless I wait for cannon to return to home position and hit it on the way back, but sometimes it's too late, cannon "times out" and ball trickles out of cannon). The soonest the right cannon will fire is to hit the neutral zone hole. Wiring loom issues?

#5520 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

With your pinside name, how did you ever leave?

Maybe a fan of the 1970's Bally Star Trek? Now looking to round out the collection?

#5523 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

No interest in non DMD games.
I really wish Next Generation would get remade. I’d be all in on an LE.

I've had mine about 6 months now and upgrading with LED's, new trough boards, and Color DMD are a game changer. A ton more things/mods can be done, and I'm still tweaking the two cannons, but what a game! Good luck in the search.

#5534 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Some inside photos
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just need my cannons to work properly, let alone control the speed. Nice work!

#5536 2 years ago
Quoted from ravve:

I wonder if a bad diverter under the pf could cause a ball to be stucked in the ramp? Or should the ball simply roll to another direction if the diverter dont work?
Im asking this to know where to troubleshoot. I think the diverter is working but not sure yet.
If i drop a ball into the subway with the game turned off, the ball will get stuck next to the diverter once I lower the pf.
I noticed that the diverter shaft that goes into the coil arm is kinda loose, but cant move the 2 set screws that are holding it, either direction (tighten/untighten).
Maybe that loose shaft could be my issue right there?
Ideas?

Does the diverter work in test mode? Does the coil fire? Do the coil plungers move freely in the coils?

#5597 2 years ago
Quoted from Redwizard000:

Yeah I want the LED ColorDMD. I might look in to a Pinsound upgrade as well, the sound quality is kinda meh.
I also either need to fix the left cannons laser or remove it from the right cannon, because only one works. (I think that mod is kinda cheaty anyway)

I went with the LED Color DMD and am super happy I went the LED route. Not a fan of the LCD effects on this game. But it's all personal opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 85.00
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 15.00
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider midcoastsurf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club?tu=midcoastsurf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.