IMG_20240414_093008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_092918 (resized).jpg
UWB DMD Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
17022 (resized).jpg
IMG_2120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2194 Fix for low 12V voltage and slow cannons. Linked to ColorDMD Install. Posted by mavantix (6 years ago)

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (5 years ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (5 years ago)

Post #4774 Tubing used for ends of flipper return lanes. Posted by Gogojohnnyquack (3 years ago)

Post #8277 Disable Officer's Club from the high scores in attract mode. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Post #8653 LX-8 ROM Release with link and description. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3012 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Why yes, yes I can!
The results is I was able to clearly see that the Color LED is the clear winner for STTNG and everyone that has seen these two displays running at the same time agreed that the colors of the were more vibrant than the LCR, which looked washed out by comparison. I did my best to attempt to capture the ColorDMD LED display, but the way cameras adjust for changing brightness and contrast the video lack the "WOW factor" you get from seeing the actual display.
Anyways, here's the video link; if you are looking at this upgrade for your machine, either display is a great enhancement, but I highly recommencement the LED and its a little cheaper as well which in this case is a win-win.
The LED version is on top with the LCD (Large DOTS) on the bottom; this is a 2GB 16min long video that contains nearly every video image in the game, I hope you enjoy it.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TxcL19w5B5pTPhWWjX3OIj1VY0GFL82E

Thx for doing this!

1 year later
#5501 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Ok, finally, here is "The Star Trek Experience Video Wall". Ver 4.0. 90-minutes of amazing and fantastic media for any Star Trek fan. Perfect for a game room theme.
All in 1080 HD. Enjoy and please comment if you like it.

Looks fantastic. Is it possible to separate all four screen videos into different files? For example if I just wanted 90 mins of plasma vid.

#5503 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Thanks, it would have been. But as with some things, it took a month to build and render. I had to clean the files off the system. At least YouTube hasn't removed this one yet.

It would have been awesome to have them individually, but I get that it's a long process and the space constraints. Thanks for sharing!

#5519 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m looking to get back into the club.

With your pinside name, how did you ever leave?

6 months later
#6797 2 years ago

Hi!
Just picked up a STTNG. Can someone pls send me a pic of their upper right flipper?

I cannot hit the delta quadrant ramp for the life of me. I wait until the very last moment to flip and it only goes to the 'advance in rank' hole.

I may need to make an adjustment or perhaps just play better.

Thanks!

#6800 2 years ago

Flipper was recently rebuilt and the bat is Williams.

It has to be the angle. I can't be that bad of a player.

I am going to mess with the angle tomorrow.

1 month later
#7029 2 years ago

Quick Tech Question:

I got an error message for switch 57. I went into switch test and tried to manually activate it. It clicked just fine, and the wires seemed good, but it would not register.

Is there anything else I should check before I just replace the switch?

Thanks!

#7031 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Did you make sure the wires were still attached?
You can use a multimeter and actually test the switch directly. This would rule out a mechanical issue with the switch.
Also note that the switch is part of a matrix which means rows and column are connected together. A wire from column 5 or row 7 (related to switch 57) could have popped off at another switch. So. If the switch tests ok with a multimeter, you need to check all of the switches on column 5 and/or row 7 to find where the wire came off.
The last page of the manual has the switch matrix. If you don’t have the manual download it from ipdb.org

Wires are still attached.

Sorry but I have never had to test a switch before with a multimeter. I tried googling it, but I could not find a good match. Can you please provide some guidance? Thank you.

#7034 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

There are three contacts on the microswitches labeled (but hard to see) C(ommon), NO(normally open) and NC(normally closed. With the game off and your meter in ohms (audible indication of a short on if it has it) put the leads on the C and NO terminals (polarity does not matter) and then push the switch. The meter should go from a very high or infinity reading to 0 or close to zero. If it does not the switch is bad.

Thank you for the instructions!!!

When I put the leads across C and NO is reads "0" and when I depress the switch it reads 1.5.

So is that a bad switch?

#7058 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Put the two meter leads directly together, is that the same 0 reading you get between NO and C when the switch is not pressed? It definitely should not be.

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond.

I went out of town shortly after my last message.

OK so when I touch the two leads together, I get a tone and my MM shows 0000. When I put a lead on NO and a lead on C and depress the switch I get a reading of 1.7.

I did order a new switch and when I do the same test on it, (leads on NO and C) it gives me the same reading as if I were just touching the two leads together, 0000

Based upon that, I think I need to change out my switch. Right?

2 weeks later
#7110 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

1.7 ohms should be sufficient and I doubt changing the switch will fix your issue. It could be the diode, a wire broken off somewhere or something else. I'd start with testing the diode, do a YouTube search on how to do that as it will be better than my text explaining it here.

Finally had the time to look at this again. I changed out the switch and the diode and everything works great now.

Thanks!

#7152 2 years ago

Quick question:

For those that have changed out the glass and trim for your translite, are there any tips for doing so?

I bought an alt translite for STTNG and thought might as well get all new glass and trim for it.

I got the new glass and trim today from Marcos. And the trim is extremely loose on the translite to where it won't hold. I know some people use tape to help hold it still, but I wouldn't think I would need to do that. I have changed out translites before and normally it's a piece of cake. But I can't get my STTNG to hold firm.

The parts I ordered are (I have the botttom trim):
Trim side channel - 17 inch glass edge 03-8228-3
Trim side channel - 27 inch translite top 03-8228-2
Glass Backglass clear 27 x 18-7/8 x 1/8 inches 08-7456

Did I order the wrong items?

Thanks!

#7165 2 years ago

<blockquote cite="#6712978

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

My target has been all the way down for many months, because I wasn't aware that the switch actuator arm was broken. Each and every time the launcher sent the ball it's been headed right for the subway entrance. Not knowing how the regular operation worked, I was alerted when the "check switch" error came up on game start-up. That's what led me to lift the playfield for the first time since getting the game (yeah, I know)
Bonus: I found the manual envelope, complete with schematics, so that's nice.
I'm thinking this is the switch I need, from Marco. They also sell one with a longer arm too though. Anyone near their machine that could tell me how long the arm *should* be? This one is 1.25 inches, they also have one that is 2.25"
[quoted image]

I just swapped out switch 57 two days ago. Don't forget the diode. Diode - 1000V 1A DO-41

It was a bugger for me to change because of the location. Good luck!

1 month later
#7428 2 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

I have the Pinsound shaker in my STTNG. No interference, no unduly noise. The stock settings for the shaker suck though, had to create my own. When done well, the shaker really enhances gameplay. I like it, your mileage may vary.

Do you care to share?

1 month later
#7655 1 year ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Hey all! What’s up! I’ve been missing for a little while but I’m back. Had some issues with my TNG, but it’s back playing now ! Now I can continue on with some things I wanted to add. For one, I want to add some side blades. I think I wanna go with mirror blades. What do you all think of the mirror type, and where’s the best place to get them ?

Mirror blades for the win! (In person, upper playfield is not as purple as it looks. )

20220426_205631 (resized).jpg20220426_205631 (resized).jpg
#7659 1 year ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Where did u get the black flipper bats? That looks sweet !!

Thanks! It's a HEP restoration. He picked it. I have no idea where Chris got it from. Sorry.

#7667 1 year ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Is there any way to center the PF? It’s off by a lot. Like there’s way more of a gap on the left side then there is on the right side. I mean. It’s really tight. And with the mirror blades, it’s even tighter.

Just lift up the playfield (holding on to both ends) and scoot it over a bit. It's heavy, but doable.

#7670 1 year ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It won’t stay that way I already tried it

What do you mean it won't stay that way? You mean after you move it over, it moves itself back off center?

1 month later
#7816 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yep. Listing it in the marketplace makes more sense than posting it for sale in the owner's club thread since we already own one...

Just times just having one isn't enough.

8 months later
#8680 1 year ago

Can anyone burn me a rom?

More than happy to pay for it. Pls DM me.

Thx!

9 months later
#9734 4 months ago

Hello Starfleet!

I am in need of some advice.

I was playing one of the best games of my life (of course that is when all the bad things happen). I started Borg Multiball and notice that was a really nice smoky ambiance around my Borg ship. After first, I was like cool! Then I was like OH CRAP!

Turn the pin off immediately and raise the playfield. I found this coil super heated. This is for the subway diverter. Pic included.

Any idea what would cause this to overheat? I am going to order a new coil, coil stop and sleeve.

Thanks for any feedback!

403408854_1348112689410085_6811048655310256248_n (resized).jpg403408854_1348112689410085_6811048655310256248_n (resized).jpg
#9735 4 months ago

I was just looking at my boards and I noticed that FUSE 103 was out. I flipped open the manual and I don't understand the connection between fuse 103 and the coil. Maybe the 2 are unrelated.

I found an old thread with a similar super heated coil in the subway diverter and it mentioned possibly needing to change out the following.
Pre - 2N4403
Driver - TIP102
Top Divertor Q8 & Q16
Bottom Divertor Q7 & Q15

All of that is beyond my ability, but I have no problem sending it out for repair. I am assuming all of that is on my A-15472 board. Just looking for any additional things I can check before removing it.

Thanks!

#9737 4 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

This usually happens from the missing tieback.

I know there are a couple of ways to do it, but I have never researched it before. The seller told me it had it done already when I bought it.

So after doing some reading, I know it has to do with my J4 and my J107. Please take a look at my pics. Is this enough to tell if I have the tie back mod?

393190169_887053979615359_5218435958201234993_n (resized).jpg393190169_887053979615359_5218435958201234993_n (resized).jpg403412953_725096822842549_6686926753188463109_n (resized).jpg403412953_725096822842549_6686926753188463109_n (resized).jpg
#9738 4 months ago

Ok. A little more sleuthing and learning....

I do have the tie back mod installed however it is installed at the blue circle arrow rather than at the red arrows. Does this count?

Thanks!

403417651_317558571170927_7501657178838105049_n (resized).jpg403417651_317558571170927_7501657178838105049_n (resized).jpgtie back (resized).pngtie back (resized).png
#9746 4 months ago

Looks like I have a ton of options. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

#9748 4 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Most folks on here are pretty knowledgeable and I used to recommend this until I saw how people were attempting to add a wire to J4 on the AUX board; some of them would have been better off not doing the mod at all. The main thing is to know your own abilities.

Would you still recommend this if they added the new wire correctly?

3 weeks later
#9774 3 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just dropped in little Nellie. Makes the gameplay so much better!
[quoted image]

Looks really good, but does this belong in the STTNG thread? lol

1 week later
#9822 3 months ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Looks really good, but does this belong in the STTNG thread? lol

Quoted from GCS2000:

Then it would be a waste then.
Can you listen to any of these soundtracks before putting them on the game itself (probably not unless they have done a video like you).

Yes. Many packages have a sample file you can listen to.

#9867 3 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

That's a symptom of the tie back wire failing

100%.

This just happened to me a few posts ago.

2 months later
#10355 4 days ago

Where can I buy new STTNG speaker grills? The only place I have been able to find any is from Modfather, but they are not quite the original design.- Thx!

#10357 4 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

you mean the painted front grills?

Yes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club?tu=marioparty34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.