Topic Stats

• 3,574 posts
  • 310 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Reznnate
  • Topic is favorited by 191 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 960 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

thumbnail_IMG_20191008_173607 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Transluscent plastic-Bumpers-away (resized).jpg
Transluscent plastic-Bumpers-top (resized).jpg
Reflector-Perspective (resized).png
Reflector-Views (resized).jpg
Reflector Pos2 (resized).jpg
Reflectors Shields Lit (resized).jpg
Reflector Pos1 (resized).jpg
Shields Illumination (resized).jpg
Naceles Illum (resized).jpg
sttng ongm (resized).jpg
STTNG V2 PST (resized).jpg
STTNG v1 PsT (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (9 months ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1284 2 years ago

Once replaced, GI connectors should be fine forever as long as they were replaced with the proper connector.

Quoted from bobukcat:

That was the main reason I converted mine, the connector had burnt and been repaired once already.

#1305 2 years ago

Good deal for you. JP is fun, LW is aweful. In the US JP is about $2,200 and LW is about $1,200, if that's true for your country you are getting a great deal.

Quoted from jorro:

hope to become a member this weekend,
hope she's worth it
im trading my jurassic park and my lethal weapon for it
she seams to be in great shape except the slingshot plastics
fingers crossed it will happen
make it so

1 week later
#1390 2 years ago

In a home environment, these are a waste of time and money. Even if you put 5,000 plays on it, the game should hold up just fine.

Even on route, the game should hold up just fine. Keep the balls in good shape, re-wax every few hundred plays and just enjoy the thing.

Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I plan on keeping this game long term and playing a lot on it. Anyone have this on their STTNG? How hard would a topside teardown be? I would have to teardown just enough to get the protector installed. Looks like ebay is the only place to buy one of these.

1 month later
#1480 2 years ago

You can do this. Not worth the effort, but you can cut the wire were it bends/breaks, solder in some fresh wire and use heat shrink tubing to finish it off.

Quoted from Bendit:

could you "pigtail" new wires and fix the harness?

#1483 2 years ago

It's worth it to fix it, by saying it's not worth it I meant it's a lot easier to buy the replacement looms. It's not worth fixing because it's a lot easier and a lot less tedious than the replacements.

Quoted from Bendit:

Why is it not worth it? The game can cleanly be back online in minutes. Just wondering.

#1506 2 years ago

Everything working, with the flippers aligned properly, you should have no problem making any shot. There are all sorts of things you can do to make a game easier, but if it's not working correctly with the flippers lined up maybe something else is going on.

Quoted from mbelofsky:

It did play well. I will continue to test it.

#1513 2 years ago

The right flipper looks good. The left flipper is a little too high.

Quoted from mbelofsky:

The picture with the game off (top picture) is the original way I set the flippers about a year ago.

One trick that I like to use to see if the flipper are even, I like to compare them while they are fully extended. They are closer to each other and in my opinion, much easier to see if they are not even.

I set my flippers so that they are the same angle as the lane guides, I ignore the holes.

2 months later
#1663 2 years ago

You can do it without the $50
Harness. Just replace the weak wire parts with a little solder and heat shrink tubing.

Not worth the time IMO. Been there done that.

Quoted from Pin_Guy:

ouch $50! I'm going to have to start making those

#1665 2 years ago

You should post the issue. The cannons are broken a lot, so people have a lot of experience fixing them. I'm sure you'll have a very quick answer.

Quoted from Jargus:

Just saying howdy. Got my STTNG a couple months back. Having an issue with the left cannon I haven't been able to figure out yet, but otherwise happy so far.

#1672 2 years ago

This is what I did when I worked on it. It's the way to go if you are going to do DYI.

I'd still buy the replacements.

Quoted from Fytr:

I never bother replacing the plugs/pins I just cut out the middle section of the harness where the wires get weak from the constant movement and splice in fresh wires. That way I still have the original wire colors/patterns on both ends of the harness for reference with the schematics, etc.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside