IMG_20240414_092939 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_093008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_092918 (resized).jpg
UWB DMD Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
17022 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2194 Fix for low 12V voltage and slow cannons. Linked to ColorDMD Install. Posted by mavantix (6 years ago)

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (5 years ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (5 years ago)

Post #4774 Tubing used for ends of flipper return lanes. Posted by Gogojohnnyquack (3 years ago)

Post #8277 Disable Officer's Club from the high scores in attract mode. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Post #8653 LX-8 ROM Release with link and description. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5599 2 years ago

Hi all.....new owner here. I had a weird thing happen today after installing the laser cannon mod. (also installed color DMD). The laser would not light if there was a ball in the cannon blocking the opto. I checked the voltage and I'm getting 11 volts at the motor unless the opto is blocked.....then I'm getting only 7. I checked the test point 1 and I'm getting 13 volts so that seems to check out ok. Any advice on what can be causing this voltage drop?

#5602 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

do you have other 12 volt mods on the machine?? Lighted flippers? Lighted ball return? Anything using 12 volt? SIDE NOTE: 12 mods for the most part need to be on their own power supply. The lasers have to be on the machine 12 volt, but other mods need to connect OFF the machine.
I have all the mods there are, and this works. Also, any mod you can connect to external 5 volt USB, is great.

Thanks for the reply... The only mods on this machine are the ColorDMD and the lasers. Still have incandescents. Wondering if I disconnect the DMD if it would still be an issue. May try that.

Update: After unplugging ColorDMD still won't light.....no change.

1 week later
#5653 2 years ago

Can someone explain what the motor EMI board does?

#5656 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It prevents noise (EMI) generated by the running motor from causing issues with the control signals / bus of the game.

Got it. Thanks.

#5671 2 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

I was wondering if there is a guide that well help in aligning/rebuilding the cannon assembly. The small crank arm (white linkage part) of the cannon that attaches to the motor busted on me just a little while ago. I did find what I think is the correct part to replace it with.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8619

I have a crack in mine although its still attached. I was going to order this very part in your link but waiting to add parts to my order. Getting the roll pin out is a pain. I made a tool to fit the hole in order to bang it out. If you search this forum you will find some pretty detailed instructions on how to take this apart.

1 year later
#8479 1 year ago

Sometimes when I launch the first ball...choosing the light lock....it will lock ball 1 right off the bat. Sometimes it just drops the target and lights lock. Is this normal or something I need to look in to?

#8483 1 year ago

Thanks guys. I'm going to look at it a little closer to see what's going on. The one thing I have to say is the ball launch is ultra consistent. It hits that target every time....smooth as butter so seems there is likely something up with the target mech.

My brother borrowed this machine for a while and just got it back. I forgot how great this machine was. Happy to have it back.

#8506 1 year ago
Quoted from DragonLord:

I have LEDs in my TNG but no boards. I'd like to get OCD board(s). I did this in LOTR and it turned out awesome. Last time I used Comet's boards. For TNG, is comet the recommended board? Does it make much of a difference to TNG? Would people recommend both LED OCD and GI-OCD? The backbox is pretty packed. Does anyone have pics with these boards added and how they arranged the back box?
Thanks!

I just installed both with the Comet LEDs as well. Very simple install. Love them. I didn't know there were any alternative boards other than what Comet now sells. I still have not tried programming them because I don't have PC laptop and using a Mac seems to be a pain but maybe I need to look in to that.

Edit: The instructions for the install includes pics and is exactly where I installed them. You can find them here: http://www.ledocd.com/install_wpc89_choose.html
One note on install...I covered the ground braid with electrical tape as I was afraid it may contact the underside of the board. Didn't want to take chances of shorting anything.

2 weeks later
#8572 1 year ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Tech help needed.
My right cannon plunger has been stuck in the fire position. I changed the coil sleeve and cleaned the plunger arm but it randomly decides to stay extended. When I power the game off it stays in this position so I don’t think it’s electric in nature. I’ve cleaned the optos also.
New plunger perhaps?[quoted image]

Mine has done this a few times. Haven't dug in on the issue yet. Something must be binding. Just need to have a look and see what it is. I would think the plunger would be ok as long as its clean.

#8587 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Lane extenders make me cry

Same here. I cried the day I installed them.......with excitement that I can have more than a 3 min game. lol.

#8601 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

There is.. but very short. Not sure if it is adjustable..

Yes. If anyone ever updates code, they should add longer ball saves for horrible players like myself. lol

3 weeks later
#8649 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I just finished the install of my new Flipper Fidelity speakers and pinsound board plus. Installed the ultimate mix first, which I enjoyed like I did a few years ago, however, when I installed Mathazar's Mix, WOW. Great music as others, but all those added/changed sound fx really impressed me and made the game feel somehow updated? This is the thing that keeps be in the hobby, cool pins and great people willing to take the time to take an epic game and push it over the top. Well done sir!

Ahh man. I just listened to a YouTube video. Very cool. I think this post cost me some money.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 85.00
$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club?tu=insight75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.