UWB DMD Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
17022 (resized).jpg
IMG_2120 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401_105156_Chrome.jpg
IMG_7240 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2194 Fix for low 12V voltage and slow cannons. Linked to ColorDMD Install. Posted by mavantix (6 years ago)

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (5 years ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (5 years ago)

Post #4774 Tubing used for ends of flipper return lanes. Posted by Gogojohnnyquack (3 years ago)

Post #8277 Disable Officer's Club from the high scores in attract mode. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Post #8653 LX-8 ROM Release with link and description. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider devilsmuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3115 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

How do you get the trigger mechanism in ST:TNG to fully pop out? Mine doesn't come back out fully on it's own and you have to manually push the trigger mechanism you squeeze to launch the ball out in order to get the trigger to unpull. This is problematic in modes like "Battle Simulation". Does anybody know an easy way to fix this? If it involves opening the phaser up, how/where do I find a proper bit to open it?
Thanks!
Loving the game!

I had the same problem a few ago. I unbolted the "phaser" shooter handle from the cab and took the handle apart. Mine had some old grease or oil that I cleaned of the rod and springs I then relubed everything with some very light oil where there was metal on metal contact and kept it away from the switch. Reassembled and it works great! Did not do much for my high scores though

3 months later
#3516 4 years ago
Quoted from humberto:

Hi All
I´m in need of you experience and practicality
I just returned from a trip and the left flipper in my ST TNG is acing up: it goes up when the button is pressed but does not come down for a while. I've noticed that the coil does get hot, but measuring the resistance in both left and right coils it is practically the same (actually the left one has a slightly higher resistance than the right). The voltage arriving at the pins is exactly the same in the test mode, but the "Hold" test mode does not move the left flipper (thus ruling out eventual Opto problems apparently).
Mechanically the flipper seems to move as the right one, no hardness or friction etc.
Any ideas or pointers?
Thanks and cheers.
PS: I have made some 3D printed components for my machine that can be used in machines with LED lamps to enhance the illumination patterns. Should I post them in this topic or open a new Topic just for that (and announce it here obviously as a thank you for all the help you give me)?

Mine does something similar but different. My left flipper goes up and then immediately loses power and goes back to it resting position even though I am still pressing the flipper button. This has been happening off and on lately . So as long as we are having flipper problems I thought I would share mine

Thanks

3 months later
#3759 4 years ago

I don't think its over priced either. A good deal if I never have to replace them ever again

3 months later
#4214 4 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

Anybody know where I can get a new alternate looking speaker panel? I want to update the look.

Let me know if you find one. That dated speaker panel, the colors used and look of it is the weakest design point of this game imo.

9 months later
#5066 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Thought I would give back a little for all the help I receive from other pinball super fans. Working with Doug Hanselman of Speaker Light Kits, I installed a Light Kit Type 13 on my Star Trek, Next Generation.
NOTE: Don't order this kit, unless you are ready, and ABLE to perform modifications to your speaker panel. This is not Plug-N-Play. I had previously upgraded to a Pinsound system (fantastic must have btw), and decided NOT to use the adapter plate they provide Williams/Bally owners, to compensate for the little right tweeter speaker. I enlarged the hole to match the more standard size 5.25" hole on the left. There are several blogs on this forum, which cover that.
The kit simply installed between the back panel and the speakers. Slightly longer screws were needed, and pickup up from local hardware store.
No lie, it's some work, but I feel it was time well spent. Here is the video on YouTube:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Eric that looks awesome, nice work, I want one. What kit did you modify since I don't see one specifically for a STTNG listed on the site?

1 month later
#5376 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I put the extenders in mine about 3 or 4 months ago (took several weeks to get here from Portugal as all the US vendors were sold out). Doesn't feel like cheating to me - it has cut down on the side drains but not dramatically so. IMO, it just now seems more fair.

Yup I did the same. Makes a big difference.

1 month later
#5432 3 years ago

Wow didn't take them longer than 6 minutes to sensor your creations.

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.43.35 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.43.35 PM (resized).png
#5435 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

"The Star Trek Experience Pinball" Cannon POV Cameras mod & the LCARS Monitor Interface.

You mentioned you are a video editor, well that explains it . Your creation is Fantastic and really well done. Wow!

2 months later
#5930 2 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Where can I get a list of all screws/fasteners that are used on this pin? I’ve been changing some of the post rubbers and noticed some of the screws look old and need replacing.

I have purchased the catch all hardware kit. It covers quite a bit of the hardware and screws you run into when working on a machine.

https://www.pinballlife.com/big-bag-of-everything.html

9 months later
#7496 2 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

Looking for some help…picked up a turd of a sttng and am about to do a full tear-down. This piece is just dangling, can someone post a pic of how/where it is supposed to be attached? Thanks!!!
[quoted image]

Here you go. You are close.

IMG_20220409_102421 (resized).jpgIMG_20220409_102421 (resized).jpgIMG_20220409_102433 (resized).jpgIMG_20220409_102433 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#9260 9 months ago
Quoted from Beinsi:

Hi sttng genuises
I was just putting together my sttng, i am rather sure it is all connected right but when i plug and turn it on i get few lines on dmd and it sounds like it tries to kick the ball out but than everything dies. No fuses blow but my circuit breaker goes out.
Any suggestions what could be wrong any help very much appriciated

I am not an electrician but, it sounds like your house circuit is getting overloaded as the game starts up and, that is why your machine never makes it to staging the balls in the subways etc.

2 months later
#9568 7 months ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

SNEAKY SALE POST
This will be the only post. Set is $20 instead of the $25 for the entire weekend starting now.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/09038-star-trek-next-generation-decal-set
Since I do not own the game I am still missing some shots for some of the targets in the set. I would appreciate if anyone that purcahse this set if they could supply me a few promo shots I could use.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sold

6 months later
#10354 3 days ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I need to paint my borg ship, a previous owner must have sprayed WD-40 or something similar around the playfield and the tan plastic is stained with permanent brown blemishes. I'm thinking a darker metallic silver spray paint job followed by a black wash and then drybrushing with some lighter silver hobby paints, lastly a clear satin finish. I'm sure there are STTNG owners here who have repainted their borg ships similarly (or even not too similarly), if you have please post photos and describe the process and materials you used, I'd love to see the results.

I painted mine several years ago. I was not a big fan of the original beige. I primed it gray then airbrushed dark grey over the entire ship then used a transparent black to create shadowing where two planes meet then washed everything with a thin black and wiped it off so it only remained in the cracks. Then I took sand paper and removed some of the surface paint to make it looked weathered. Finally sprayed it with a clear coat.
It's not perfect but looks pretty cool lurking in the back of the play field.

IMG_20240414_092918 (resized).jpgIMG_20240414_092918 (resized).jpgIMG_20240414_092939 (resized).jpgIMG_20240414_092939 (resized).jpgIMG_20240414_093008 (resized).jpgIMG_20240414_093008 (resized).jpg
#10364 2 days ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Nicely painted I must say. Is that Prof. Pinball mod I see on the ramps too?

Eric yes you are correct. Professor Pinballs creation! I see the borg ship in his shop but i believe at one point he also sold a kit for ramp lighting. I have both. here is a link for the borg ship piduino.

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1025-professor-pinball/02169-pinduino-sttng-borg-ship-lightin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 15.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider devilsmuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club?tu=devilsmuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.