20240317_235736 (resized).jpg
20240318_001720 (resized).jpg
sttng-card-1 (resized).png
sttng-card-2 (resized).png
star_trek_the_next_generation-1993-f-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2194 Fix for low 12V voltage and slow cannons. Linked to ColorDMD Install. Posted by mavantix (6 years ago)

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (5 years ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (5 years ago)

Post #4774 Tubing used for ends of flipper return lanes. Posted by Gogojohnnyquack (3 years ago)

Post #8277 Disable Officer's Club from the high scores in attract mode. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Post #8653 LX-8 ROM Release with link and description. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clarkkent.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#269 8 years ago

I wonder if anybody has ever modified the latest ROM that a mission is only marked as accomplished if the artifact has been collected? This would be a lot more challenging than accomplish it by even losing the ball...

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I've often though about this.
That and
Start mission not lit until you hit a ramp!

Can't be that difficult for pin hackers. I hope sonebody could do that!

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

That would reduce the overall amount of strategy in the game, though. It would defeat the purpose of the whole artifact mechanic, making the final frontier always worth the same amount to everyone. In it's current form, it's a cool risk/reward gamble whether to go for an easy but low-scoring Final Frontier by timing out the missions, or to go for a harder but much more lucrative artifact-rich Final Frontier. I like the dilemma of deciding which missions to go for and which to play it safe on.
Also, if you had to actually collect artifacts from all seven missions before reaching FF, the Final Frontier would be virtually undoable unless you rigged the game to hand out extra balls like candy. Sure, I've had plenty of games where I've collected 7+ artifacts, but I doubt I've ever beaten all 7 missions in a row -- don't forget a lot of artifacts come from the shuttle sim, or from repeating easy missions the second time around, or by reaching warp 8 twice, or by acing the explore the galaxy mission. I don't think anyone ever just straight up beats all 7 missions in a row.
I don't think the game would be improved by making FF almost never happen. It's a really cool feature. I like how you can get there if you really want by playing super conservative, but if you want it to be worth a lot of points, you have to take chances and play some missions.

You are right, I didn't thought of that. Mmmm. Maybe there is another solution for this. I find it too easy as it is now.

1 year later
#1950 6 years ago

I still think this shuttle looks much more detailed than the original version one, moreover this is the Goddard, the one from the front cabinet decal...

IMG_0088 (resized).JPGIMG_0088 (resized).JPG

#1959 6 years ago

Yes, it's cast metal. I just used double sided tape to mount it.

The Eaglemoss version is a very little bit smaller but in my opinion it fits better as the proportion compared to the other ships is more realistic. And it's more detailed, that's for sure!

type6-6 (resized).jpgtype6-6 (resized).jpg

neu (resized).jpgneu (resized).jpg

4 months later
#2237 5 years ago

I'm looking for a nicer Romulan warbird as the original one looks really bad and the Hallmark one has a weird color. The Eaglemoss one is the best but too small.

Is there any model available with the size of the original one but with he finish of the Eaglemoss one?

4 months later
#2377 5 years ago

The LCARS card is a really great idea! Never thought of this before...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 26.50
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clarkkent.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club?tu=clarkkent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.