IMG_20240414_092939 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_093008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_092918 (resized).jpg
UWB DMD Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
17022 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2194 Fix for low 12V voltage and slow cannons. Linked to ColorDMD Install. Posted by mavantix (6 years ago)

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (5 years ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (5 years ago)

Post #4774 Tubing used for ends of flipper return lanes. Posted by Gogojohnnyquack (3 years ago)

Post #8277 Disable Officer's Club from the high scores in attract mode. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Post #8653 LX-8 ROM Release with link and description. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Watkinsd13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4178 4 years ago

Scott9 my sttng started doing that last week and I ended up having to replace the green trough board and it stopped and has been working fine. Not sure if it is the same problem or if that helps any.
(I am referring to the balls keep launching)

#4181 4 years ago

Scott9 It was #a-17982. Green opto board. I ordered it from Marco. I had ran a test and I think opto number 1 was out I think?

#4183 4 years ago

Scott9 actually thinking about it you would have to figure out which board has the problem. Mine was that one but it could be the board on the other side for yours. I’m still learning this stuff so sorry I’m not very good at explaining stuff. ☹️

#4184 4 years ago

Scott9 no problem. Give an update when you figure out the problem.

#4188 4 years ago

Scott9 looks great! I just messaged a Pinside yesterday about getting some powder coating done. Thought I knew what I wanted to do and then I got looking at all the options and now I’m lost lol. To many options!

With your powder coating being dark, how well can you see it when it is in your house? I’m leaning toward a similar look but worried it won’t be noticeable in the house.

1 year later
#5506 3 years ago

Recently moved houses and got all my pins set up with no issues except of course...ST:TNG.

So with turning it on the dmd says “ground short row 1 is stuck closed”. Also says check test menu. None of the buttons to do the test menu registers so I can’t do anything there. I don’t know/think it has to deal with it but I want to add that I had got the coin door powder coated months before and had got it all together and everything seemed fine and was playable until I moved. I’m not sure where I should start looking or what I should be looking for. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

#5508 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Postal:

Are you saying that the coin door buttons do nothing ? If so and you had the door apart you need to look there first. I think the coin door buttons are not part of the switch matrix, but are directly connected to the MPU. Make sure there is no battery damage there.

Correct, the buttons do not work. The entire machine was 100% working after putting the coin door back together but then when I packed it up and moved now I have the short and buttons not working. I will look at the coin door and see what’s going on with it. I checked the boards and they all look good and nothing seems wrong there.

#5512 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The point is valid.
Are you running batteries; did they leak?
The buttons on the coin door are direct switches; not matrix switch IIRC. So if they aren't working; I'd suspect something more sinister at work,
Given a move; I'm wondering if a fragile fuse finally gave up the ghost - which is leading to the CPU not completing it's boot sequence.

I have NVRAM installed. I might not be following but are you saying to check all the fuses on the wpc board?

Quoted from bobukcat:

Reseat all the connectors for the switch columns and rows, then try disconnecting the opto board under the playfield and see if you can get into test mode that way. If not try leaving the rows and columns connectors disconnected and power it up that way. Also check to make sure a wire didn't get pinched / shorted out to the service rail, etc. when lifting / lowering the , etc.

I will give all of that a try and see if i get some results! Thank you and I’ll report back soon.

#5526 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Definitely check to make sure all the proper LEDs are lit, no fuses are blown and you have all the correct voltages from the PBD.

Thank you! So I have been looking through all the wires and havnt found anything out of the normal. Still have no way to access menu but you might be on to something. Checking the back box there are two led not doing what they are supposed to (I think). So I circled led3 is on and led 5 is off. I havnt been able to test anything with a multimeter yet because I have lost it but getting one later today. Could these narrow anything down?

C378F550-FCC2-426F-8AC7-B70EE70B6674 (resized).jpegC378F550-FCC2-426F-8AC7-B70EE70B6674 (resized).jpeg
#5528 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Are the CPU board LEDs correct? I also see you have a Judge Dredd in your collection - if it is working correctly, you'd be able to swap the power driver board to confirm whether the PDB is the issue

They are led. I done more digging and read of other games with similar issues. I unplugged wires on the cpu board and was able to get access to the test menu. Going to the test shows all but one row is short. Everything on that row works great. I have reseated everything I can find in the back box and playfield. Got nothing. I’m obviously missing something but I have been through the bottom of the play field and can find nothing. Stupid multimeter did not show today so I’m hoping it is a fuse? Any other advice?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 year later
#8739 1 year ago
Quoted from frodak99:

I have a ground short, sometimes it’s just row 1 or row 8 and sometimes it is multiple rows or all of them. It goes away if I take the apron off or if the playfield is raised. I don’t see anything obvious, has anyone had this issue and can point me to what fixed it for them.

I had a similar problem and mine was on the board that is under the playfield on the left side. I never figured out what was wrong with the board but swapped it with another machine I own with the same board and fixed my problem.

This is the board. I think you can find it cheaper other places just using that as reference

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16998.2

1 month later
#8958 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Still trying to resolve my lack of power to my ball trough , should the led on the opto board under the playfield be on at all times?
mine remains off constantly !

Checked and the light stays on solid the whole time.

#8969 1 year ago
Quoted from Thehipster:

Hi all.
So I am not electronically minded, certainly as far as boards are concerned.
My startup shows I am running on lx-5.
Is upgrading as simple as changing the rom?
If so what are the recommendations for versions.
I have been reading a lot on the forum about lx-8.
Is this the way to go and how difficult is it to swap?
Is lx-7 a massive change and an acceptable upgrade?

I just recently installed lx8 from previously having lx7. It is pretty easy just unplug one and plug in the other. Only tricky part is making sure all the metal tabs go in at the same time but still very easy. I feel like lx8 is great and very tastefully done. It keeps the game the same but really fine tunes everything! If you are upgrading I would just go to lx8. Hope this is helpful!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 85.00
$ 63.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Watkinsd13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club?tu=Watkinsd13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.