UWB DMD Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
17022 (resized).jpg
IMG_2120 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401_105156_Chrome.jpg
IMG_7240 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2194 Fix for low 12V voltage and slow cannons. Linked to ColorDMD Install. Posted by mavantix (6 years ago)

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (5 years ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (5 years ago)

Post #4774 Tubing used for ends of flipper return lanes. Posted by Gogojohnnyquack (3 years ago)

Post #8277 Disable Officer's Club from the high scores in attract mode. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Post #8653 LX-8 ROM Release with link and description. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SNES.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7764 1 year ago

Hey everyone, I just joined the club a couple of weeks ago! On game turn on, are both cannons supposed to run a test? My right cannon goes back and forth but the left one doesn’t move. It works fine during gameplay though. Any idea what that is about?

Thanks!

#7766 1 year ago
Quoted from ingo333:

Hi SNES,
also pretty "new" here.... if you search for it, you will find posts telling none of them should move, others stating that both should move. Posts that tell you to replace cables, and posts that tell you that it doesn't matter....
During the last year, I saw my cannons moving both, only the right one, and only the left one... I had replaced cables, optos, coilsleeves.. it seems to be pretty random actually....
last week I decided to have a closer look. here is what I've found:
- the plunger is pretty small, if you think that the opto is designed to be interrupted by a ball.
- remove the cannon cover, go to switch test and then push the plunger manually (leave the coin door open! there is a coil close by.....)
- if I do it here and push the plunger a little from the bottom, it interrupts the opto.
- if I push the plunger a little more from the top, the opto is not interrupted!!
- if I push it in the middle, then it is a bit random I would say....
then I removed the receiver on one cannon and checked what's going on there. (see picture 1 and 2)
[quoted image] [quoted image]
I haven't replaced the coil-holders(?) so they might have an influence on the plungers "end-position".. (see pic 3).
[quoted image]
anyway, adjusting the optos seems to be the key to get either both canons moving at start or none of them. the little pcb on which the optos are can be moved a little more up to block the beam, or you can lower the opto a little to get the cannons moving.
I've added a small spacer above the opto holder to get them more down... although people are saying that this is a test for the cannons - I've just checked 2 days ago, that if this is a test, it doesn't seem to be really testing something.. maybe if the "home-switch" is released when the cannons start moving, but for everything else (e.g. disconnected mark switches), there is no error triggered or reported.
pretty happy that my cannons are not moving at start-up anymore =)

it's not only working with Ferengi Multiball... it's also working within PinMame!!! I guess we really have found a bug..... thanks for reporting and restoring my sanity... I've rebuilt half of my pinball searching why this is happening.... =)

Awesome write up! I’ll have to dig into it a little and see what I can find. Thank you for the pointers!

1 month later
#7876 1 year ago

Anyone seen an issue with this game where it doesn’t boot, but just flickers all the lights every 5 seconds or so? Ironically my daughter and I were just going to play a few games before listing it for sale and now it doesn’t boot. Nice timing

4 weeks later
#7979 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

What do the 3 diagnostic LEDs on the CPU board show? If you are unsure how to interpret them then take a video of them as you power the game on and post it for us to check

Hey, sorry for the delay. Haven’t had a chance to dig into this really. D19 and D21 light up but D20 stays off. I’m assuming those are the three diagnostic LEDs, right?

Thank you!

#7983 1 year ago

Thanks guys! Turns out it was isolated to the sound board so I reseated all of the ribbon cable connections and the game booted. It didn’t kick out a ball into the shooter lane so I need to diagnose that now, but she is alive!

Thank you Manny65 and DumbAss for the help!

#7984 1 year ago

Well, maybe I spoke too soon. Just went down to mess with the trough kick out and the game was doing the same no boot thing. I unplugged the sound board and it booted right up. Any suggestions on what to look for on the sound board?

Thank you!

#7994 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

First thing would be to try a new ribbon cable. They do fail occasionally(intermittent contact).

Thank you for the suggestion! I just purchased some cables and will update when I get them installed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 63.95
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SNES.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club?tu=SNES and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.