IMG_20240414_093008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_092918 (resized).jpg
UWB DMD Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
17022 (resized).jpg
IMG_2120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2194 Fix for low 12V voltage and slow cannons. Linked to ColorDMD Install. Posted by mavantix (6 years ago)

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (5 years ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (5 years ago)

Post #4774 Tubing used for ends of flipper return lanes. Posted by Gogojohnnyquack (3 years ago)

Post #8277 Disable Officer's Club from the high scores in attract mode. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Post #8653 LX-8 ROM Release with link and description. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phantasize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3648 4 years ago

I really like them. Do you have a picture of them in the Machine? I'm curious to see how the yellow color fits with the machines general color scheme.

#3652 4 years ago

Looking great!

#3654 4 years ago

Bummer!! That feeling of seeing that last ball drain, missing out on big points, is just awful!!

But you'll get there! Never had it 2 times in one game myself...

1 month later
#3754 4 years ago

I thought Cliffy had started shipping all of his protectors with 3M tape? I think i read that somewhere, but i could easily be wrong...

1 month later
#3938 4 years ago

Nice machine! So much better looking with white GI

1 month later
#4144 4 years ago

Pin_Guy - The help you offer on this forum is absolutely amazing!!!

Always extremely helpful (like so many others), but add to that the pictures, diagrams and in depth info, you just stand out. Really really awesome!!!

Thank you!

#4156 4 years ago

Agree, before touching anything else, measure the voltage on TP2 and write it down. And then measure the voltage at pin 32 on the game rom (U6) on the CPU board and write it down. Then come back and tell us the voltages. Of course you can also follow the (excellent) guide mentioned above.

I have had a couple of issues with the Z connector on both my IJ and STTNG. Have thought about eliminating the Z connector entirely, and soldering the wires together instead.

2 months later
#4371 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

A bad ribbon cable can also cause this issue as the LS576 driving the whole board expects its inputs to be a logic high or logic low level; Unfortunately the engineer that designed this board took no efforts to ensure these inputs could not "float" which would result in an unpredictable output from the flip-flops. There is a mod to this board to prevent an open input from burning stuff up

I encountered this problem twice before figuring out that it was actually the ribbon cable. I was sure i had a shorted transistor when the diverter locked on. Turned out to be the ribbon cable. So i will definately have too take a look at that proposed fix with the pull up resistors.

2 months later
#4573 3 years ago

I have no experience with CPR backglasses whatsoever. But i have to admit it looks terrible? If you look at the shot without any back lighting, the CPR one looks really blurry. So unless it it the cameras focus that are playing tricks, the CPR definitely looks bad to me.

cpr (resized).jpgcpr (resized).jpg
4 months later
#5229 3 years ago
Quoted from Zolzar:

I battled the dreaded coil lockup with the upper diverter over the past month. Here is what I did to correct the problem.

1. Tie back mod ( was actually already done but if it’s not done it should be)
2. Replaced Aux driver board
3. Replaced ribbon cable on Aux board
4. Added diodes to coils driven by aux board.

I had the same issue. Turned out to be a bad ribbon cable. The design is bad, because if one of the data lines loses connection, that triggers the coil to fire. So a bad connection or a bad ribbon cable can cause this.

I saw a fix for this at some point, but have been unable to find it. It involved adding pull-up (or down?) resistors to the datalines. Does anybody have a link?

#5232 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It's in Pinwiki under game specific issues - it's after the tie-back fix (there's not a direct link to it)

Thank you! That was exactly what i was looking for. In my book that is nearly as important as the Tie-Back mod (which I already did, the correct way )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 64.99
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 63.95
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 9.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phantasize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club?tu=Phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.