IMG_20240414_093008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_092918 (resized).jpg
UWB DMD Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
17022 (resized).jpg
IMG_2120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2194 Fix for low 12V voltage and slow cannons. Linked to ColorDMD Install. Posted by mavantix (6 years ago)

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (5 years ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (5 years ago)

Post #4774 Tubing used for ends of flipper return lanes. Posted by Gogojohnnyquack (3 years ago)

Post #8277 Disable Officer's Club from the high scores in attract mode. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Post #8653 LX-8 ROM Release with link and description. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrCleanHead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4491 3 years ago

Quick Question: I just picked up a nice STTNG and its the first game I was thinking out putting a color DMD in it. Im confused about the LCD and LED but I think Im going to go with the LED. On the website it recommends ROM revision "LX-7", I have "LA-7". Do I need to switch to the "export" ROM (LX-7) to get this to work?

#4494 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

FWIW, I have LA-7 ROMs in mine and I've yet to see uncolorized screens on my ColorDMD (hundreds of games). I don't think there are any animation differences between LA-7 and LX-7...just additional language options on the exported LX-7.
And +1 for the Hi-Rez LCD mode on STTNG!

I think I will just try it with LA-7 ROM to see what happens, if there is a problem I will change the ROM. At least I know it should work and I will probably go with the LCD as well. Thanks Guys!

#4503 3 years ago

Ok.....so its personal preference. Those of you that have one or the other, and its not too much of a trouble, can someone post a picture of the difference while running it on a STTNG?

On a side note: When I got my game it had LED's installed and damn they were bright on the return lanes. So, I made some replacement blue acrylic guides to knock down the brightness. They work great and look great also. I made the sling protectors as well but they are too dark, at least in this blue.

Here is a pic of the return lanes. LMK what you guys think and if there is anything else that would benefit from making something like this elsewhere. If I can get enough interest I will list them here on pinside like I have done with TMNT2 and EHOH.

return lane (resized).jpgreturn lane (resized).jpg
#4506 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

How about a quick video

Thanks! I think I like the dots more than the HiRes version. Im heading out to a friends tomorrow that has all his DMD games with these, he dont have a STTNG. I will ask him what ones are what. But if anyone has the LCD with extra large dots and standard dots or even the LED version to show I would also like to see them as well....Im sure other STTNG owners on the fence would as well.

#4526 3 years ago

Thanks guys for the videos and inputs on the DMD, I went with the colorDMD LED after seeing them in action on a Creature and Dracula. Both were amazing so Im hoping STTNG will be the same.

Now to see if a shaker motor and/or speaker upgrades are worth it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 85.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 64.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrCleanHead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club?tu=MrCleanHead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.