UWB DMD Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
17022 (resized).jpg
IMG_2120 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401_105156_Chrome.jpg
IMG_7240 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2194 Fix for low 12V voltage and slow cannons. Linked to ColorDMD Install. Posted by mavantix (6 years ago)

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (5 years ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (5 years ago)

Post #4774 Tubing used for ends of flipper return lanes. Posted by Gogojohnnyquack (3 years ago)

Post #8277 Disable Officer's Club from the high scores in attract mode. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Post #8653 LX-8 ROM Release with link and description. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5335 3 years ago

Ok, time to dabble in this world a bit. Once I get a few things cleared out of the current collection I think I'll be on the hunt for a players quality STTNG.

-Hans

3 months later
#5720 2 years ago

I can finally join the club after an overly long two day road trip that brought home this machine and a rollergames. Pretty much un-touched, I’m told it spent most of its life in storage, and the condition reflects it. One of the best condition games I’ve ever owned.

Only current issues are a bad HV section for the DMD, and the left cannon has a long delay to it. The DMD I’ll likely solve with a ColorDMD, (LED? or LCD?). The cannon I haven’t really looked into yet.

One confusion I have is the bird of prey is I. A different location than usual. But it’s on a bracket that looks factory original. Odd.

6FBA77CA-80E2-42B8-8BBA-311250AECE91 (resized).jpeg6FBA77CA-80E2-42B8-8BBA-311250AECE91 (resized).jpeg

#5723 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Manuel:

Be brave, enjoy the ride.

The nice thing with this machine is that it was obviously well maintained. Other than the HV circuits having issues powering the DMD, and that occasionally sluggish cannon, the rest of the machine is in fantastic shape both cosmetically and functionally. I've only bought one machine that was in better condition than this one. A few connectors that I will re-pin, but none that are of any immediate concern.

-Hans

#5727 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeDanger:

Neat Star Blade arcade machine next to the STTNG! I've not seen one of these in person since 1994. That fresnel lens is crazy for the visuals.
The Romulan ship is definitely in a different spot, it should be on top of the green flasher. Get the Klingon Bird Of Prey Hallmark, its got great detail to replace the original. You can also do the Romulan Warbird Hallmark as it looks a bit better. There is some excellent threads on how to make these mods.

The Starblade makes this STTNG seem like a lightweight. 3-4 people to set up and tear down due to the weight of the overhead monitor and other heavy and bulky issues. The next time I take it apart will be when I sell / trade it. Great game but toooooooo big it feels at times.

I think you guys will be happy with what I'll be able to do using the original Bird of Prey and Warbird. I'm a fair hand with a brush.

#5755 2 years ago

It pre-loads the two VUK's. Normally only IIRC 4 are kept in the shooter trough when the game is ready to play, the other two are kept under the playfield in other locations. Maybe yours already has a couple in place up in the playfield.

It's also a game you have to go through the Unload Balls sequence via the menu instead of just reaching under and popping them into the shooter lane. Otherwise you just can't easily get them all out manually.

I'd suggest going through the unload cycle first to make sure it really is cleared out completely, then try again.

-Hans

1 week later
#5810 2 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Picard is one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Discovery is an abomination as well.

I've been watching through STTNG again slowly. Season 1 is ....... not easy to watch.

#5812 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Also, if you are only going to watch one, watch "Star Trek, First Contact". It is a great stand alone movie and all the introduction you need ot enjoy ST:TNG.
My wife is a huge Star Trek Nerd and we have been slowly going through... all ... Star Trek.

Even the 70's cartoon? Ouch.

-Hans

#5853 2 years ago

Well, in about two years I should have a phenomenal topper. I just subscribed to the Eaglemoss Enterprise D build series.

When things start arriving I'll definitely start posting build progress on it. I've done an ungodly number of plastic kits of various subjects.... including a quite nice USS Defiant (with full lighting, I even did blinking running lights!). This will be my first big die-cast build. Should be fun! I'm a bit worried it may be TOO big though. Since the parts dribble through with a delivery every week or so it will be 2022 before I really have a good handle on the size of the final build.

I had been debating between doing an Enterprise-D for a topper, or a Refit (Motion Picture / Wrath of Khan style), and decided that only a D would be appropriate for this machine. I could have done the AMT/ERTL kit, but wanted to do a subscription diecast for a while, so now I wait for the first parts to arrive.

-Hans

#5860 2 years ago

Let me know what you think. I subscribed last year and have gotten 3 boxes. I haven't opened a single one yet.
I have seen some headlines of people building it on Youtube; but haven't watched a video.

Looks like it's 2-3 weeks for the first parts to start arriving, so some anxious waiting at the moment.
I've been reading through a blog that somebody has been running on his build and it looks pretty well engineered from what I can tell.
Since it's a blend of 5 different studio models (2ft, 4ft, 6ft, CGI, large primary hull), there's going to be some variations.

He's only up to stage 14 in his blog, and IIRC there's about 100 stages. So it'll take a while for sure.
I do really like how they handled the lighting with smaller sections each getting their own LED and light piping to help keep lighting consistent and avoid hot spots.

https://myenterprised.com/

4 months later
#6830 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I am looking to join the club again at some point.. What is the going rate for an average player's machine that needs some work?

Will be hard to find under $5k I'd say right now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 63.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club?tu=HHaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.