New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 47092)

St:tng owners welcome aboard the uss enterprise

By Pinballgeek

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,716 posts
  • 365 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Pinless
  • Topic is favorited by 223 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,339 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sttng dt1 (resized).jpg
sttng dt (resized).jpg
526EBA5D-9703-4CCD-835B-0B0150369F5F (resized).jpeg
FA605CB4-BDEE-4D3E-B753-7E1089EF4E6F (resized).jpeg
14FA043D-0201-4067-8EEF-45230DB193B4 (resized).jpeg
15C57739-1E01-4E0D-AEFF-BF85295CE040 (resized).jpeg
319A31C0-6DE2-47CF-B5E8-A21B88890999 (resized).jpeg
97BF4183-0729-4878-B65F-139A5B721E6B (resized).jpeg
C4F35C2D-7A2A-49A3-A997-914B22C17C5E (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
1122.JPG
1124.JPG
PXL_20201024_135244152 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201024_135240820 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2194 Fix for low 12V voltage and slow cannons. Linked to ColorDMD Install. Posted by mavantix (2 years ago)

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (1 year ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Devilsmuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3115 1 year ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

How do you get the trigger mechanism in ST:TNG to fully pop out? Mine doesn't come back out fully on it's own and you have to manually push the trigger mechanism you squeeze to launch the ball out in order to get the trigger to unpull. This is problematic in modes like "Battle Simulation". Does anybody know an easy way to fix this? If it involves opening the phaser up, how/where do I find a proper bit to open it?
Thanks!
Loving the game!

I had the same problem a few ago. I unbolted the "phaser" shooter handle from the cab and took the handle apart. Mine had some old grease or oil that I cleaned of the rod and springs I then relubed everything with some very light oil where there was metal on metal contact and kept it away from the switch. Reassembled and it works great! Did not do much for my high scores though

3 months later
#3516 1 year ago
Quoted from humberto:

Hi All
I´m in need of you experience and practicality
I just returned from a trip and the left flipper in my ST TNG is acing up: it goes up when the button is pressed but does not come down for a while. I've noticed that the coil does get hot, but measuring the resistance in both left and right coils it is practically the same (actually the left one has a slightly higher resistance than the right). The voltage arriving at the pins is exactly the same in the test mode, but the "Hold" test mode does not move the left flipper (thus ruling out eventual Opto problems apparently).
Mechanically the flipper seems to move as the right one, no hardness or friction etc.
Any ideas or pointers?
Thanks and cheers.
PS: I have made some 3D printed components for my machine that can be used in machines with LED lamps to enhance the illumination patterns. Should I post them in this topic or open a new Topic just for that (and announce it here obviously as a thank you for all the help you give me)?

Mine does something similar but different. My left flipper goes up and then immediately loses power and goes back to it resting position even though I am still pressing the flipper button. This has been happening off and on lately . So as long as we are having flipper problems I thought I would share mine

Thanks

3 months later
#3759 9 months ago

I don't think its over priced either. A good deal if I never have to replace them ever again

3 months later
#4214 6 months ago
Quoted from Scott9:

Anybody know where I can get a new alternate looking speaker panel? I want to update the look.

Let me know if you find one. That dated speaker panel, the colors used and look of it is the weakest design point of this game imo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Devilsmuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside