20240318_234508 (resized).jpg
pinsound (resized).PNG
20240317_235736 (resized).jpg
20240318_001720 (resized).jpg
sttng-card-1 (resized).png
sttng-card-2 (resized).png
star_trek_the_next_generation-1993-f-3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,264 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 206.
#3451 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

extracted a model from one of the games and converted to a 3d printable file.

As is a video game asset; or shuttle from the Pinball game?

I once tried heavily modifying a Sketchup model... but it became so complex that I had to semi-perm retire the project as there was no guaranty the resulting model would be water tight / manifold / printable.

#3452 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

As is a video game asset; or shuttle from the Pinball game?
I once tried heavily modifying a Sketchup model... but it became so complex that I had to semi-perm retire the project as there was no guaranty the resulting model would be water tight / manifold / printable.

video game. Most games have their resources as .obj or another proprietary file type that can be converted. I didn't really have to do anything special other than check it out in Blender and then dump it to an .STL. Looks pretty damn nice though!

#3453 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Anyone know where to find this topper?[quoted image]

Tilttopper? It looks almost the same, but the bottom of the ship looks different: https://tilttopper.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fstar-trek-topper

#3454 4 years ago
Quoted from waveman:

Tilttopper? It looks almost the same, but the bottom of the ship looks different: https://tilttopper.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fstar-trek-topper

Thats the Stern Star Trek version.

I think they don’t make the STTNG version with Enterprise D on it anymore.

#3455 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Just got mine in from Pinball Wizard (Ministry was out).
https://www.pinballwizard.nl/contents/en-us/p2957_translite_star_trek_next_generation_williams_pinball_flipperkast.html
Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image]
MASSIVE improvement!! Now I just need to LED this bad boy!

Where did you get your apron cards? They look awesome.

Mike

#3456 4 years ago
Quoted from waveman:

You know, I figured it was one of Dan’s but couldn’t find it anywhere. I have his T2 topper and his new AC/DC topper. They’re both AWESOME!! He does great work!! Hopefully, he’s still making STTNG’s.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Where did you get your apron cards? They look awesome.
Mike

They came on the machine, but the seller said he’d just printed them for me. I’ll ask him for the files. PM me your email.

#3458 4 years ago

I made my own awhile back...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Feel free to use them if you like.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11zs8EVw5f8vhPKOOxNsIjzdU9pECmGNm
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zVM6Hsg7rt7887HgLhHNUM2XnPDQVnQZ

#3459 4 years ago

Thought I'd ask the club if anyone has an original translite in excellent condition they'd consider selling (having swapped it out for an alternate one)? I know there are repros available but prefer an original. Send me a PM

#3460 4 years ago

Replaced my faulty STNG DCS card and the replacement came with Demolition Man ROMS.

Wonder if I could trade the DM roms to someone for some STNG silly ROMS.

#3461 4 years ago

Installed a shaker from Pinshakers, linked it to the shield-flashers so when battling the Borg it triggers the shaker.
(also linked to Jets, so advancing warp rumbles the shaker too)

Very nice mod which suits ST:TNG very well

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_17f (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_17f (resized).jpg
#3462 4 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Installed a shaker from Pinshakers, linked it to the shield-flashers so when battling the Borg it triggers the shaker.
(also linked to Jets, so advancing warp rumbles the shaker too)
Very nice mod which suits ST:TNG very well [quoted image]

Does the Pinshaker um, shaker... allow you to connect to more than one trigger at a time? The left ramp would also be awesome, and the borg ship flashers

#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does the Pinshaker um, shaker... allow you to connect to more than one trigger at a time? The left ramp would also be awesome, and the borg ship flashers

If you go with a Pinsound, you can set different types of vibrations based on specific sound/voice calls. Almost unlimited triggers... I am tempted!!

Cheers,

#3464 4 years ago

When the VUK to my left gun kicks the ball up, the ball often flies off the wire at the S-curve and (unfortunately) often into the outlane. Doesn't happen with the right gun ever. The left wire looks level and identical to the right side. I tried putting a piece of foam rubber between the bottom of the VUK plunger and the base of the VUK bracket. Theory being that if the plunger didn't have as far to travel the ball would come out a bit slower and stay on the wire. It's definitely reduced the frequency of it happening, but it still happens fairly often. Is there any sort of deflector that can attach to the wire to keep the ball from hopping over the edge, or any other way to reduce the frequency of this happening?

#3465 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes you can have multiple triggers (up to 8 I think), there’s a bank of dip switches to enable/disable the various triggers. They have information on their website as to the various triggers available for each machine.

#3466 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes you can have multiple triggers (up to 8 I think), there’s a bank of dip switches to enable/disable the various triggers. They have information on their website as to the various triggers available for each machine.

Nice! Thanks for clarifying. I’m familiar with the Pinsound option, but this is a whole new product for me

#3467 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nice! Thanks for clarifying. I’m familiar with the Pinsound option, but this is a whole new product for me

I’ll let ya’ll know how well it works.

Installed my pinsound+ last night. My Pin shaker for STNG hasn’t shipped out yet.

#3468 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is there any sort of deflector that can attach to the wire to keep the ball from hopping over the edge, or any other way to reduce the frequency of this happening?

Just spit balling here...
check the coils from one side to the other... are they different?
Maybe the left VUK has a stronger (and incorrect) coil?

Is the VUK damaged? Maybe broken welds? Could the ball be "deflecting" the top of the VUK causing it to allow the ball to travel further than the right VUK? Has the VUK been repaired on the bottom of the assembly? Could the VUK assembly be causing a weird trajectory of the ball when it feeds it?

#3469 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Quoted from Manny65:

This picture shows the multiple triggers

Screenshot_2019-09-17 Dip Switch Settings xls - wpcdipsettings pdf (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-09-17 Dip Switch Settings xls - wpcdipsettings pdf (resized).png
#3470 4 years ago
#3471 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

When the VUK to my left gun kicks the ball up, the ball often flies off the wire at the S-curve and (unfortunately) often into the outlane. Doesn't happen with the right gun ever. The left wire looks level and identical to the right side. I tried putting a piece of foam rubber between the bottom of the VUK plunger and the base of the VUK bracket. Theory being that if the plunger didn't have as far to travel the ball would come out a bit slower and stay on the wire. It's definitely reduced the frequency of it happening, but it still happens fairly often. Is there any sort of deflector that can attach to the wire to keep the ball from hopping over the edge, or any other way to reduce the frequency of this happening?

I had the exact same problem and I fixed it by moving the coil up the bracket via the elongated holes it screws into, just loosen them, slide it up a bit and re-tighten making sure you have it square to the bracket.

#3472 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Just spit balling here...
check the coils from one side to the other... are they different?
Maybe the left VUK has a stronger (and incorrect) coil?
Is the VUK damaged? Maybe broken welds? Could the ball be "deflecting" the top of the VUK causing it to allow the ball to travel further than the right VUK? Has the VUK been repaired on the bottom of the assembly? Could the VUK assembly be causing a weird trajectory of the ball when it feeds it?

Quoted from bobukcat:

I had the exact same problem and I fixed it by moving the coil up the bracket via the elongated holes it screws into, just loosen them, slide it up a bit and re-tighten making sure you have it square to the bracket.

Thanks guys. All good ideas to look into that I hadn't thought of. I'm going to check them all out.

#3473 4 years ago

Just an update, I've started in earnest on my custom shuttle model. I hope to make some sample casts soon.
I tried the little diecast shuttle but it looks way too small back there.

#3474 4 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

Just an update, I've started in earnest on my custom shuttle model. I hope to make some sample casts soon.
I tried the little diecast shuttle but it looks way too small back there.

Can’t wait! Hey, where’s my decals?

#3475 4 years ago

By the way, has anyone successfully wired up the Hallmark Enterprise-D? It’s got incandescents so it appears it would heat up too much

#3476 4 years ago

Santa Claus is coming early this year

B5E3D79A-D576-4234-BDA1-FB8B747C5189 (resized).jpegB5E3D79A-D576-4234-BDA1-FB8B747C5189 (resized).jpegBC5CE26D-9BE4-4B75-84A7-C7AB94572C3B (resized).jpegBC5CE26D-9BE4-4B75-84A7-C7AB94572C3B (resized).jpeg
#3477 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Santa Claus is coming early this year[quoted image][quoted image]

Outstanding!

#3478 4 years ago

Does anyone have the pinballlife cannons with the laser sights? Cheating or no?

#3479 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Santa Claus is coming early this year

Outstanding job on the cabinet!

How much fun was it getting those side rails off?

PM me if you need the "Warranty Void if Removed" Serial Number Labels. I have these in a .doc MS word file.

The bar code is easy to make you just need a Code 39 bar code generator to make the image ... fortunately you can generate one from here https://www.morovia.com/free-online-barcode-generator/

#3480 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Outstanding job on the cabinet!
How much fun was it getting those side rails off?
PM me if you need the "Warranty Void if Removed" Serial Number Labels. I have these in a .doc MS word file.
The bar code is easy to make you just need a Code 39 bar code generator to make the image ... fortunately you can generate one from here https://www.morovia.com/free-online-barcode-generator/

I can’t take any credit for the cabinet. I ordered a brand new one from VirtuaPin. It should show up next week.

Now If I can just get it playing as good as it’s going to look...

#3481 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I can’t take any credit for the cabinet. I ordered a brand new one from VirtuaPin. It should show up next week.

Either way, it looks great! You can still take credit from paying someone else to get it done right.

#3482 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Now If I can just get it playing as good as it’s going to look...

Does that mean those photos were taken by VirtuaPin? That’s a pretty damn good advertisement for them

#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does that mean those photos were taken by VirtuaPin? That’s a pretty damn good advertisement for them

Yes, Paul took them before they wrapped everything up for shipment.

If anyone needs a cabinet, I would highly recommend him. He bent over backwards to fix a fleabay decal issue for me when he didn’t have to. He went way above and beyond. Can’t thank him enough.

I ended up with a nice set of licensed decals (still waiting on the backbox decals to become available again)

#3484 4 years ago

Thinking of getting a set of these art blades for the sides. Anyone got them?

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/star-trek-next-gen-lcars-gameblades

#3485 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does anyone have the pinballlife cannons with the laser sights? Cheating or no?

A friend of mine has them. They look terrific! Still not a gimme shot with the laser working. I’m definitely buying a set.

#3486 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

A friend of mine has them. They look terrific! Still not a gimme shot with the laser working. I’m definitely buying a set.

Thanks for the confirmation! Just seemed like a one-of-a-kind mod to me, but it could cross the line if it made shots too easy..

#3487 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Santa Claus is coming early this year[quoted image][quoted image]

Where you got decals?

#3488 4 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Where you got decals?

Planetary Pinball

http://www.planetarypinball.com/

I was told it would be a month or two until they print more backbox decals.

#3489 4 years ago

When my STTNG starts the Borg ship mode the borg ship displays on the DMD and you see the Borg aliens, but the machine seems to lose the ball.

It immediately stops the Borg ship mode and reverts to normal play. There’s no ball on the playfield and it eventually starts cycling through the ball locator process.

I’ve checked the optos and they seem to work fine. Any ideas?

#3490 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

When my STTNG starts the Borg ship mode the borg ship displays on the DMD and you see the Borg aliens, but the machine seems to lose the ball.
It immediately stops the Borg ship mode and reverts to normal play. There’s no ball on the playfield and it eventually starts cycling through the ball locator process.
I’ve checked the optos and they seem to work fine. Any ideas?

Check your trough optos. the game may think you're draining

#3491 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If it thought the ball drained, wouldn’t it go to the next ball and launch it into the plunger?

It’s like the ball just disappeared into the subway, but when I checked the subway optos they seem to respond fine.

#3492 4 years ago

Achieved 9.9, fought the borg twice and was one bloody shot away from touring the space mansion (earnestly playing each mode). I’ve only done all of this twice and was praying for a third. Damn I love this game. It and shadow are so damn epic.

Oh, there was one "first" during this game. I smacked two balls in a row up the side ramp during mb, creating a lineup to get into the ship!

#3493 4 years ago

I just noticed it’s also repeatedly loading and launching the left cannon in attract mode

#3494 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Bingo. Even though they seemed to register when I loaded the trough, several transmitters are not working when I double checked with an old school point and shoot camera.

Thanks!!

#3495 4 years ago

Bad news, the inrush current limiter blew today.

Good news, I installed the decals while
I had the glass off. Looks nice.
A20BFC08-D639-4EAC-A095-82CC8FAF82FF (resized).jpegA20BFC08-D639-4EAC-A095-82CC8FAF82FF (resized).jpegC10FBC49-071E-4970-808E-6E5508805BAB (resized).jpegC10FBC49-071E-4970-808E-6E5508805BAB (resized).jpeg

#3496 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Bingo. Even though they seemed to register when I loaded the trough, several transmitters are not working when I double checked with an old school point and shoot camera.
Thanks!!

Thanks. Don't be so skeptical next time, I have learned not to apply logic to this game! haha

#3497 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks. Don't be so skeptical next time, I have learned not to apply logic to this game! haha

Another STTNG lesson learned! This game is brutal to bring back from the dead.

I’ve also learned new parts can cause new problems-STTNG lesson #127

#3498 4 years ago

So now my turn -

There is a lot of play in my right cannon. It frequently misaligns slightly (maybe 8-10 degrees off) and the ball will get caught in between the wire form and the cannon trough. It also has a ton of play and I can move it slightly by hand, unlike the left one.

Is there a factory adjustment for fixing this, or do I need to crack open the gear assembly?

#3499 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Bad news, the inrush current limiter blew today.
Good news, I installed the decals while
I had the glass off. Looks nice.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ah, I have decals to put on yet, did you remove the plastics around the area?

#3500 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So now my turn -
There is a lot of play in my right cannon. It frequently misaligns slightly (maybe 8-10 degrees off) and the ball will get caught in between the wire form and the cannon trough. It also has a ton of play and I can move it slightly by hand, unlike the left one.
Is there a factory adjustment for fixing this, or do I need to crack open the gear assembly?

There is a circular plate under the coil assembly the 2 Philips screws on either side of the coil on the circular plate allow for adjustments on the cannon alignment. Ill bet the screws worked loose or were not tightened down and the plate is sliding a bit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 63.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,264 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 206.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club/page/70?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.