Topic Stats

• 3,475 posts
  • 306 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 934 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2019-09-17 Dip Switch Settings xls - wpcdipsettings pdf (resized).png
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_17f (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5D0C9855-42C0-4D69-9CAC-72A68253C7B0 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
80037948-0B22-4902-9DE2-D0044C91456C (resized).jpeg
CD1F93B4-09F3-4F16-A645-CD7253631824 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Shuttle Samples (resized).jpg
20170217_180158 (resized).jpg
F9ED6DCB-1920-4FAC-AB72-AA81D697A580 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
0991EE7B-0312-4F90-84A7-04A1E187A5ED (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3475 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 70.
#3451 8 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

extracted a model from one of the games and converted to a 3d printable file.

As is a video game asset; or shuttle from the Pinball game?

I once tried heavily modifying a Sketchup model... but it became so complex that I had to semi-perm retire the project as there was no guaranty the resulting model would be water tight / manifold / printable.

#3452 8 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

As is a video game asset; or shuttle from the Pinball game?
I once tried heavily modifying a Sketchup model... but it became so complex that I had to semi-perm retire the project as there was no guaranty the resulting model would be water tight / manifold / printable.

video game. Most games have their resources as .obj or another proprietary file type that can be converted. I didn't really have to do anything special other than check it out in Blender and then dump it to an .STL. Looks pretty damn nice though!

#3453 7 days ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Anyone know where to find this topper?[quoted image]

Tilttopper? It looks almost the same, but the bottom of the ship looks different: https://tilttopper.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fstar-trek-topper

#3454 7 days ago
Quoted from waveman:

Tilttopper? It looks almost the same, but the bottom of the ship looks different: https://tilttopper.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fstar-trek-topper

Thats the Stern Star Trek version.

I think they don’t make the STTNG version with Enterprise D on it anymore.

#3455 7 days ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Just got mine in from Pinball Wizard (Ministry was out).
https://www.pinballwizard.nl/contents/en-us/p2957_translite_star_trek_next_generation_williams_pinball_flipperkast.html
Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image]
MASSIVE improvement!! Now I just need to LED this bad boy!

Where did you get your apron cards? They look awesome.

Mike

#3456 7 days ago
Quoted from waveman:

You know, I figured it was one of Dan’s but couldn’t find it anywhere. I have his T2 topper and his new AC/DC topper. They’re both AWESOME!! He does great work!! Hopefully, he’s still making STTNG’s.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Where did you get your apron cards? They look awesome.
Mike

They came on the machine, but the seller said he’d just printed them for me. I’ll ask him for the files. PM me your email.

#3459 6 days ago

Thought I'd ask the club if anyone has an original translite in excellent condition they'd consider selling (having swapped it out for an alternate one)? I know there are repros available but prefer an original. Send me a PM

#3460 6 days ago

Replaced my faulty STNG DCS card and the replacement came with Demolition Man ROMS.

Wonder if I could trade the DM roms to someone for some STNG silly ROMS.

#3461 3 days ago

Installed a shaker from Pinshakers, linked it to the shield-flashers so when battling the Borg it triggers the shaker.
(also linked to Jets, so advancing warp rumbles the shaker too)

Very nice mod which suits ST:TNG very well

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_17f (resized).jpg
#3462 3 days ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Installed a shaker from Pinshakers, linked it to the shield-flashers so when battling the Borg it triggers the shaker.
(also linked to Jets, so advancing warp rumbles the shaker too)
Very nice mod which suits ST:TNG very well [quoted image]

Does the Pinshaker um, shaker... allow you to connect to more than one trigger at a time? The left ramp would also be awesome, and the borg ship flashers

#3463 3 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does the Pinshaker um, shaker... allow you to connect to more than one trigger at a time? The left ramp would also be awesome, and the borg ship flashers

If you go with a Pinsound, you can set different types of vibrations based on specific sound/voice calls. Almost unlimited triggers... I am tempted!!

Cheers,

#3464 3 days ago

When the VUK to my left gun kicks the ball up, the ball often flies off the wire at the S-curve and (unfortunately) often into the outlane. Doesn't happen with the right gun ever. The left wire looks level and identical to the right side. I tried putting a piece of foam rubber between the bottom of the VUK plunger and the base of the VUK bracket. Theory being that if the plunger didn't have as far to travel the ball would come out a bit slower and stay on the wire. It's definitely reduced the frequency of it happening, but it still happens fairly often. Is there any sort of deflector that can attach to the wire to keep the ball from hopping over the edge, or any other way to reduce the frequency of this happening?

#3465 3 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes you can have multiple triggers (up to 8 I think), there’s a bank of dip switches to enable/disable the various triggers. They have information on their website as to the various triggers available for each machine.

#3466 3 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes you can have multiple triggers (up to 8 I think), there’s a bank of dip switches to enable/disable the various triggers. They have information on their website as to the various triggers available for each machine.

Nice! Thanks for clarifying. I’m familiar with the Pinsound option, but this is a whole new product for me

#3467 3 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nice! Thanks for clarifying. I’m familiar with the Pinsound option, but this is a whole new product for me

I’ll let ya’ll know how well it works.

Installed my pinsound+ last night. My Pin shaker for STNG hasn’t shipped out yet.

#3468 3 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is there any sort of deflector that can attach to the wire to keep the ball from hopping over the edge, or any other way to reduce the frequency of this happening?

Just spit balling here...
check the coils from one side to the other... are they different?
Maybe the left VUK has a stronger (and incorrect) coil?

Is the VUK damaged? Maybe broken welds? Could the ball be "deflecting" the top of the VUK causing it to allow the ball to travel further than the right VUK? Has the VUK been repaired on the bottom of the assembly? Could the VUK assembly be causing a weird trajectory of the ball when it feeds it?

#3469 3 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Quoted from Manny65:

This picture shows the multiple triggers

Screenshot_2019-09-17 Dip Switch Settings xls - wpcdipsettings pdf (resized).png
#3471 2 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

When the VUK to my left gun kicks the ball up, the ball often flies off the wire at the S-curve and (unfortunately) often into the outlane. Doesn't happen with the right gun ever. The left wire looks level and identical to the right side. I tried putting a piece of foam rubber between the bottom of the VUK plunger and the base of the VUK bracket. Theory being that if the plunger didn't have as far to travel the ball would come out a bit slower and stay on the wire. It's definitely reduced the frequency of it happening, but it still happens fairly often. Is there any sort of deflector that can attach to the wire to keep the ball from hopping over the edge, or any other way to reduce the frequency of this happening?

I had the exact same problem and I fixed it by moving the coil up the bracket via the elongated holes it screws into, just loosen them, slide it up a bit and re-tighten making sure you have it square to the bracket.

#3472 2 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Just spit balling here...
check the coils from one side to the other... are they different?
Maybe the left VUK has a stronger (and incorrect) coil?
Is the VUK damaged? Maybe broken welds? Could the ball be "deflecting" the top of the VUK causing it to allow the ball to travel further than the right VUK? Has the VUK been repaired on the bottom of the assembly? Could the VUK assembly be causing a weird trajectory of the ball when it feeds it?

Quoted from bobukcat:

I had the exact same problem and I fixed it by moving the coil up the bracket via the elongated holes it screws into, just loosen them, slide it up a bit and re-tighten making sure you have it square to the bracket.

Thanks guys. All good ideas to look into that I hadn't thought of. I'm going to check them all out.

#3473 1 day ago

Just an update, I've started in earnest on my custom shuttle model. I hope to make some sample casts soon.
I tried the little diecast shuttle but it looks way too small back there.

#3474 17 hours ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

Just an update, I've started in earnest on my custom shuttle model. I hope to make some sample casts soon.
I tried the little diecast shuttle but it looks way too small back there.

Can’t wait! Hey, where’s my decals?

#3475 17 hours ago

By the way, has anyone successfully wired up the Hallmark Enterprise-D? It’s got incandescents so it appears it would heat up too much

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 3475 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 70.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside