Topic Stats

• 3,460 posts
  • 305 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by dashv
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 932 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
5D0C9855-42C0-4D69-9CAC-72A68253C7B0 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
80037948-0B22-4902-9DE2-D0044C91456C (resized).jpeg
CD1F93B4-09F3-4F16-A645-CD7253631824 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Shuttle Samples (resized).jpg
20170217_180158 (resized).jpg
F9ED6DCB-1920-4FAC-AB72-AA81D697A580 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
0991EE7B-0312-4F90-84A7-04A1E187A5ED (resized).jpeg
F0F54A47-D48E-457B-A9C5-235B24FA0DA0 (resized).jpeg
B3B6F247-6D49-444E-B42F-675BA47C6BFE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3460 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 70.
#3401 14 days ago

F0F54A47-D48E-457B-A9C5-235B24FA0DA0 (resized).jpeg

Looks like those white/purples should be together.

#3402 14 days ago

Hi all -

I'm curious if anyone knows where I can find some of the alternate translites? I've checked Ebay but there's mostly just the Stern one with the logo and ship from the new movies.

Also, I am looking for the apron guard wireforms. Inexplicably this machine is missing them. help me out? Thanks!!

#3403 14 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hi all -
I'm curious if anyone knows where I can find some of the alternate translites? I've checked Ebay but there's mostly just the Stern one with the logo and ship from the new movies.
Also, I am looking for the apron guard wireforms. Inexplicably this machine is missing them. help me out? Thanks!!

If you message the eBay guy sometimes he has styles that aren’t listed.

Pretty sure Marco has the apron wire guard thing.

#3404 14 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

[quoted image]
Looks like those white/purples should be together.

Is that what that plastic goes too? I have never known where to put it when I got my replacement plastics.

#3405 14 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

If you message the eBay guy sometimes he has styles that aren’t listed.
Pretty sure Marco has the apron wire guard thing.

Thanks, I will message the eBay dude.

Marco did not have the apron guard - or I am not searching for it properly.

#3406 14 days ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I swear my STTNG is cursed. I fix 2 things and then 2 other things start acting up. It’s non-stop.
The background music is cutting out randomly. Other sound effects are still working, but it’s oddly silent while you’re playing. A few seconds later the music comes back.

Press the sound ROMs firmly into the board.

#3407 13 days ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Is that what that plastic goes too? I have never known where to put it when I got my replacement plastics.

Yes, except the one in the picture is upside down; the plastic isn't there to protect the switch contacts, its there to keep the switch actuator from being pushed off to the side. There should also be a fish paper insulator between the switch and mounting point.

#3408 13 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Yes, except the one in the picture is upside down; the plastic isn't there to protect the switch contacts, its there to keep the switch actuator from being pushed off to the side. There should also be a fish paper insulator between the switch and mounting point.
[quoted image]

Hahahah yeah I noticed that when I took the pic. I’ll correct it when I pull the drop out to rebuild it.

#3409 12 days ago

It arrives today!!! Sometime in the next hour! So excited!!!!!!!!

#3410 12 days ago

Does anyone know the part number for the coin door/HV switches? My game has a single switch, and the bracket is also missing so I figured I’d just buy both parts.

Thx !

#3411 12 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

oes anyone know the part number for the coin door/HV switches?

Maybe ...

To eliminate any confusion going forward, Cherry Corporation is now owned by ZF Electronics.

The original HV interlock switch was a Cherry E79-00A ... this switch did not have an interlock bypass and required the technician to install a bypass bracket (or close coin door) when working on the 20V or 50V section.
Link to Original switch: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/540-E79-00A

An E79-30A may be a better replacement as it has a pullout interlock bypass, but I have not tested this.
Link to switch: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/540-E79-30A

NOTE: There are very slight operating characteristics for these two switches if you want to use the "bypass" switch

The original Memory Protect Switch is was a Cherry E68-00A
Link to Switch: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/540-E68-00A

#3412 12 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Maybe ...
To eliminate any confusion going forward, Cherry Corporation is now owned by ZF Electronics.
The original HV interlock switch was a Cherry E79-00A ... this switch did not have an interlock bypass and required the technician to install a bypass bracket (or close coin door) when working on the 20V or 50V section.
Link to Original switch: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/540-E79-00A
An E79-30A may be a better replacement as it has a pullout interlock bypass, but I have not tested this.
Link to switch: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/540-E79-30A
NOTE: There are very slight operating characteristics for these two switches if you want to use the "bypass" switch
The original Memory Protect Switch is was a Cherry E68-00A
Link to Switch: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/540-E68-00A
[quoted image]

All right, I'm not too proud to admit that took me a couple of reads in order to understand. BUT! I think I will be able to get by in ordering the E68-00A and the E79-30A. The existing HV interlock switch (which is still installed, but is missing the bracket and loose, so it is never closed by the coin door) is the E79-00A, and indeed does not have a bypass. So I'll order the E79-30A and try it out. The memory protect switch is completely missing (as is the bracket), so I need that for certain.

Thank you so much! I was overwhelmed by Mouser at first, but I am really liking the choices and the FAST shipping speed at this point.

#3415 12 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Well as luck would have it, I actually accidentally ordered two sets when I got mine from Pinball Heaven (UK). I'd sell you the extra for a few bucks less than what it'd cost to order from them (and hey, you don't have to wait for international shipping!) $30ppd, pm me if interested.

Big thanks to play_pinball who not only hooked up a nice set of looms but also some super nice rule cards!

#3416 11 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Big thanks to play_pinball who not only hooked up a nice set of looms but also some super nice rule cards!

Pics of the Instructions Cards? Always like a bit of eye candy

#3417 11 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I need me a nice set of rule cards. I have the link to making my own but my printer is blah.

Does anyone know if the JJP Widebody invisiglass will fit this game?

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Accessories/Widebody-Playfield-Invisiglass.html

My glass is more scratched up than I would like and I want to upgrade it.

#3418 11 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Pics of the Instructions Cards? Always like a bit of eye candy

0991EE7B-0312-4F90-84A7-04A1E187A5ED (resized).jpeg

#3419 11 days ago
Quoted from dashv:

Does anyone know if the JJP Widebody invisiglass will fit this game?

Yep, it fits. Huge upgrade IMO

#3420 10 days ago

Just printed a mod for my Hobbit, and moved on to my STTNG which is turns out has had the wrong flipper opto board installed.

I don’t have the right opto interrupter on hand .. so I printed one!

image (resized).jpg
#3421 10 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just printed a mod for my Hobbit, and moved on to my STTNG which is turns out has had the wrong flipper opto board installed.
I don’t have the right opto interrupter on hand .. so I printed one![quoted image]

Looks great! One last thing to add - the positioning pegs that hold the board in place as you install it in the cabinet.

The stock interrupter has different width tangs that actually do the interrupting. Can't tell from the picture but it looks like both yours are the same width. That might cause problems with the one towards the bottom actually triggering.

#3422 10 days ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Looks great! One last thing to add - the positioning pegs that hold the board in place as you install it in the cabinet.
The stock interrupter has different width tangs that actually do the interrupting. Can't tell from the picture but it looks like both yours are the same width. That might cause problems with the one towards the bottom actually triggering.

Thanks for the tip! I will check but I think the top one is slightly thicker/taller than the bottom one . I will be testing this out tonight, hopefully it works! I do need both to trigger properly since this is for the right side

#3423 7 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hi all -

Just bought one from Ministry of Pinball in the Netherlands(I’m in Canada). Shipping was reasonably quick. I like the design and quality of the material. The image of the Enterprise is crappy though. I looked up their website after receiving it and it’s identical. It’s not a manufacturing defect. Specifically, the spaceship windows cause ghost images/streaks. I’ve attached a pic. Look at the top portion of the ship.

I have purple LEDs behind the faces and title, green behind the borg cube and romulan ship, and white behind the enterprise. It’s not as purple in real life. Camera makes it weird.

Cheers,

Mike

F9ED6DCB-1920-4FAC-AB72-AA81D697A580 (resized).jpeg
#3424 7 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

[quoted image]

Nice design for the apron cards but having the wrong Enterprise makes it a non-starter for me. I understand the designer recycled his Stern ST cards for this but come-on. The WRONG ship!!! Wrong font for “INSTRUCTIONS” too, as well as the starfleet badge on the instructions card is wrong and different than TNG era. It’s all from the reboot movies.

Maybe I’m too picky.

Mike

#3425 7 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Nice design for the apron cards but having the wrong Enterprise makes it a non-starter for me. I understand the designer recycled his Stern ST cards for this but come-on. The WRONG ship!!! Wrong font for “INSTRUCTIONS” too, as well as the starfleet badge on the instructions card is wrong and different than TNG era. It’s all from the reboot movies.
Maybe I’m too picky.
Mike

Nope, that’s all fair criticism. There are other cards out there though

#3426 6 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Maybe I’m too picky

...like a true Trekkie.

#3427 6 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

...like a true Trekkie.

I know... i realize some guys here that own sttng are “pinballies” and not necessarily “trekkies”. Lol. Thats why i bite my tongue a little lol...

Just getting back in the collecting world after a 10 year break. Starting with sttng was easiest since the gf is also a trekkie. However, having only sttng for now is hard. It kicks my ass way too often. Damn outlanes lol.

Cheers,

#3428 6 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I know... i realize some guys here that own sttng are “pinballies” and not necessarily “trekkies”. Lol. Thats why i bite my tongue a little lol...
Just getting back in the collecting world after a 10 year break. Starting with sttng was easiest since the gf is also a trekkie. However, having only sttng for now is hard. It kicks my ass way too often. Damn outlanes lol.
Cheers,

If I had to own JUST ONE game, it might be STTNG.

#3429 6 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

not necessarily “trekkies”.

Look at my collection here on Pinside... I think you'd find I fall into the latter.

#3430 6 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Look at my collection here on Pinside... I think you'd find I fall into the latter.

We all know what you are Zitt, lol.

#3431 6 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Zitt, I just got a freaking awesome package from you. The outstanding Bird of Prey mod is already installed! My game was missing the whole toy, so I found the Hallmark ornament for $8 and your mod, and BANG! Instant classic.

Now if I can just find a replacement for the lame-o “Einstein”

#3432 6 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Zitt, I just got a freaking awesome package from you. The outstanding Bird of Prey mod is already installed! My game was missing the whole toy, so I found the Hallmark ornament for $8 and your mod, and BANG! Instant classic.

I just remade the Einstein decals (white backed where the graphics are, on clear material) same as the original. If anyone needs some.
I'm going to make some castings as well of the ship.

Lastly I plan on highly modifying a shuttle miniature and doing a cast of it so it is more accurate than it sits now.
The Einstein looks fine but its a bit toy-like.

#3433 6 days ago

Does anyone know where I could find a set of next gen (licensed) back box decals?

They appear to be unobtainium at the moment.

#3434 6 days ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

I just remade the Einstein decals (white backed where the graphics are, on clear material) same as the original. If anyone needs some.
I'm going to make some castings as well of the ship.
Lastly I plan on highly modifying a shuttle miniature and doing a cast of it so it is more accurate than it sits now.
The Einstein looks fine but its a bit toy-like.

Damn I am 100% in. I’d be in on the new shuttle for sure as well!

Just discovered that my machine is a prototype too, which is kind of neat

#3435 6 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The outstanding Bird of Prey mod is already installed!

Great; glad to hear it!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Are we talking about the shuttle craft?

If so; there was a post about someone using a slightly smaller shuttle craft here in the thread. Here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club/page/40#post-4104815

#3436 6 days ago

Could someone please point me to the part needed to mount the shuttle craft. Mine was missing completely, so I need everything required to mount it. Thanks so much everyone!

#3437 6 days ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

Could someone please point me to the part needed to mount the shuttle craft. Mine was missing completely, so I need everything required to mount it. Thanks so much everyone!

It’s just a clear plastic. The shuttlecraft mounts directly to it

#3438 6 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Damn outlanes lol.

Nudge !!

#3439 6 days ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

Just attached to the clear plastic that covers the ramp. I raised mine up about a 3/8" with a couple of plastic washers.

20170217_180158 (resized).jpg
#3440 5 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Damn I am 100% in. I’d be in on the new shuttle for sure as well!
Just discovered that my machine is a prototype too, which is kind of neat

Here is a photo of my new decal sets. Excuse the yellowed old shuttle for illustrating fitment.
Hit me up if you need some.

Shuttle Samples (resized).jpg
#3441 4 days ago

Just in time...

image (resized).jpg
#3442 4 days ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

Here is a photo of my new decal sets. Excuse the yellowed old shuttle for illustrating fitment.
Hit me up if you need some.[quoted image]

The decals look great! For what it’s worth, I used the hydrogen peroxide trick on my shuttle and borg ship, and it worked great. It took years of yellowing off of them.

#3443 4 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just in time...

Looks 3D Printed? how'd you accomplish this? did you scan in your existing ship some how?

#3444 4 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hi all -

Just got mine in from Pinball Wizard (Ministry was out).

https://www.pinballwizard.nl/contents/en-us/p2957_translite_star_trek_next_generation_williams_pinball_flipperkast.html

Before:
CD1F93B4-09F3-4F16-A645-CD7253631824 (resized).jpeg

After:
80037948-0B22-4902-9DE2-D0044C91456C (resized).jpeg

MASSIVE improvement!! Now I just need to LED this bad boy!

#3445 4 days ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

https://www.pinballwizard.nl/contents/en-us/p2957_translite_star_trek_next_generation_williams_pinball_flipperkast.html
Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image]

What’d you do with the old translite? I’d love to find a mint original, as mine has a few decent scratches.

#3446 4 days ago
Quoted from PinJim:

What’d you do with the old translite? I’d love to find a mint original, as mine has a few decent scratches.

I’ve no desire to keep it. It looks pretty mint, but I’ll double-check it.

#3447 4 days ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image]

wow! That's a great looking one

#3448 4 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Looks 3D Printed? how'd you accomplish this? did you scan in your existing ship some how?

extracted a model from one of the games and converted to a 3d printable file. I also printed a smaller one in two pieces but this is almost a perfect match, except it has better contours on the windows and such

Here’s attempt 2, better scale. Needs sanding and paint, and pinfarmer's Decals!

image (resized).jpg
#3449 4 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

extracted a model from one of the games and converted to a 3d printable file. I also printed a smaller one in two pieces but this is almost a perfect match, except it has better contours on the windows and such
Here’s attempt 2, better scale. Needs sanding and paint, and pinfarmer's Decals![quoted image]

Wow, awesome!!

#3450 4 days ago

Anyone know where to find this topper?

5D0C9855-42C0-4D69-9CAC-72A68253C7B0 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
There are 3460 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 70.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside