Picked up my STTNG this past week and have been getting my hands dirty finding/fixing issues and getting to know the beast. I have resolved multiple switch, opto, diverter and cannon issues so far. The only really fubar'd piece left is the drop target. I do have a few questions for the experienced owners;
1) Does the lowest pop bumper normally have a colored cap? Mine does not and the ring movement has eaten into the beta ramp sticker. What helps mount the ramp high enough to not interfere with the bumper?
2) Sometimes the game chirps loudly on power up/down. I was looking at another game last year that had this issue as well. I haven't researched this one to know if this is common or not.
3) Are there missions in the game where 2 balls are kicked out? I have this happen from time to time. I don't understand the game rules enough to know if this could be normal behavior. I have been just assuming it is more voodoo opto issues to track down.
4) Sometimes the game loses a ball in the subway. Last time this happened I ran switch and coil tests and all were functioning proper, but the ball was floating around somewhere. My question is, is there a known spot on the subway that can cause a ball to not travel all the way through to the cannons or left vuc? I tried to look in the coin door to see where the ball was, but couldn't see it. When I tilted the PF up, of course the ball rolled back and was easy to extract. Under all other conditions, the subway works perfectly.
5) The launcher only makes the lock hole shot maybe 50% of the time. Any tips for improving that? I already cleaned and lubed the catapult mech. Also the launch wire form was free to bang around against the glass. I aligned it to the wireform below it and put a zip tie to help hold it's position. It didn't look like there was a factory way to secure it better.
6) The playfield seems to have a lot of flex to it. When I push down on the back right quarter it easy deflects. Is this normal?
Thanks in advance for any help.