Finished up the cannon gearboxes tonight. For the missing spacer I went with the 1st spacer RobF suggested a few posts back. Thanks!
No problems now and they are working like new now.
Quick how to:
1. Use a pin punch to remove the small crank arm (white linkage part)
2. Using a 1/8th drill bit, drill the rivets out on the motor mount side about 1/8" deep
3. Install 8/32 screws in the mounting locations on the motor side
4. Using a pin punch, tap the 4 screws until the covers separate enought to get a flat blade screw driver in between the cases. Finish separating them by gently prying.
5. Clean old greese out of everything (I ultrasonic cleaned everything & tumbled the cases, probably overkill)
6. Reassemble the gears dry and check for binding, worn gears, alignment, ect.
7. Greese and reassemble (I used super lube greese) With the cases still open, I ran the motor with a 9v battery and applied more greese with the gears spinning.
8. To get the covers back together use the mounting screws to draw the cases back together. I left the rivets in and they hold it pretty well even after haveing been drilled. Once it is remounted it wont come apart.
Hope this can help someone
20190114_211604 (resized).jpg20190114_230038 (resized).jpg20190114_230107 (resized).jpg20190114_230222 (resized).jpg20190114_230256 (resized).jpg20190114_221736 (resized).jpg