IMG_1999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240414_092939 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_093008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_092918 (resized).jpg
UWB DMD Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
17022 (resized).jpg
IMG_2120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,370 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 208.
#2451 5 years ago

Install a set of metal cab protectors like this

https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

535-0599-00 (resized).jpg535-0599-00 (resized).jpg
#2452 5 years ago

Don't those require screwing into the cabinet? I'd rather avoid that. Just something to keep the metal legs from digging into/rubbing against the cabinet art, my first instinct is soft felt.

#2453 5 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

Don't those require screwing into the cabinet? I'd rather avoid that. Just something to keep the metal legs from digging into/rubbing against the cabinet art, my first instinct is soft felt.

It does but also ensures that the legs never make contact with the cabinet or dig into it from sliding around/nudging. Pinball Life carries felt leg protectors here but I don't have any experience with them.

https://www.pinballlife.com/felt-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

#2454 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

It does but also ensures that the legs never make contact with the cabinet or dig into it from sliding around/nudging. Pinball Life carries felt leg protectors here but I don't have any experience with them.
https://www.pinballlife.com/felt-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

For another $ 5.00 just get the pinguards.

#2455 5 years ago

Screw'em into the cab. Permanent fix! hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#2456 5 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

Anyone have a leg protector recommendation to keep this looking clean and fresh? Plastic or felt?

Neither one, ONLY use the metal ones!

Quoted from pzy:

They do, but you really shouldn't worry about that as once installed they are never coming off and you will have no cabinet damage from the legs. This is the best thing you can purchase to keep your obviously pristine cabinet from being damaged. Don't use similar ones that are made of plastic (like stern uses on LE's) as I can confirm that they will not provide the same protection.

#2457 5 years ago

I’ve used felt, plastic and metal leg protectors. When I finished restoring my STTNG (new art included), I installed the metal leg protectors.

You asked for everyone’s advice and people are recommending them for a reason.

#2458 5 years ago

Permission to board...Finally got my baby!

34F3BB1B-BB47-4F32-97AC-F94D593F5BE6 (resized).jpeg34F3BB1B-BB47-4F32-97AC-F94D593F5BE6 (resized).jpeg
#2459 5 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

[quoted image]

Congrats!!! You also have 1 of 12 custom aprons that I made for STTNG!! If you have any questions let me know.

#2460 5 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

For another $ 5.00 just get the pinguards.

If your cab is original screen artwork you might be ok with pinguards. The main advantage of pinguards is it helps hide any existing wear or damage. However if your cab has been redone with decals I would not recommend these because it will damage and wrinkle them. These metal pincab protectors are the way to go and you can see HEP uses them in all his restores even on an EM like Grand Prix.

#2461 5 years ago

My cabinet is original and screened, sounds like the metal protectors are a good consensus. I'll get those and 8 of the slightly longer black bolts. Thanks everyone!

One last question, are they hidden completely by the legs? It might look odd with bare metal between the dark cabinet and black legs.

#2462 5 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

My cabinet is original and screened, sounds like the metal protectors are a good consensus. I'll get those and 8 of the slightly longer black bolts. Thanks everyone!
One last question, are they hidden completely by the legs? It might look odd with bare metal between the dark cabinet and black legs.

They are completely hidden by the legs, definitely the right choice for any cabinet.

#2463 5 years ago

A set from pinballlife is on its way!

On another note, I currently have the "LA-7" and "L1 Music/Speech" ROMs, are those fine for a ColorDMD? Their website says "LX-7" is required.

#2464 5 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Welcome aboard Captain!

#2465 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

If your cab is original screen artwork you might be ok with pinguards. The main advantage of pinguards is it helps hide any existing wear or damage. However if your cab has been redone with decals I would not recommend these because it will damage and wrinkle them.

Original silk screen was not applied to wood, the original silkscreen was still applied to a vinyl type material bonded to the plywood; while better than decals, it can still wrinkle.

#2466 5 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

On another note, I currently have the "LA-7" and "L1 Music/Speech" ROMs, are those fine for a ColorDMD? Their website says "LX-7" is required.

LA-7 is fine ... LX7 is the international version of the same ROM.

#2467 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

They are completely hidden by the legs, definitely the right choice for any cabinet.

This is what it will look like with metal protectors (some parts on this machine are missing)

935 (resized).JPG935 (resized).JPG
#2468 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This is what it will look like with metal protectors (some parts on this machine are missing)[quoted image]

Yeah, it's totally missing a topper... You should get one.

#2469 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This is what it will look like with metal protectors (some parts on this machine are missing)[quoted image]

Missing a cup holder?

#2470 5 years ago

Any good source for the neutral zone switch? I found the nub for the end is reproduced but my switch is pretty mangled.

#2471 5 years ago

I installed a set of the silly rom chips U2 -U7 & CPU ROM recently after my cleaning/servicing. The call outs were interesting but I have noticed even after I have turned the special speech function OFF in the settings I am still getting a "Well done Patrick" every once in awhile.. anyone have a similar experience ? I did leave the original U8 chip in if that makes a difference.

#2472 5 years ago

Hello STTNG gurus. I have a question.

You know when you're about the launch the ball, you can select on the DMD an item (like lock ball, start mission etc.) and you can accelerate the selection process by flipping?

What would cause the selection screen to go nuts, as if I am depressing a flipper button really fast, non-stop? (but I am actually NOT touching the flipper buttons at all)

The selection goes nuts, but the flippers do not activate, and I am not touching anything.

Takes a while for this issue to surface. I can usually play a couple normal games before this happens...

Thanks for any info!

#2473 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Hello STTNG gurus. I have a question.
You know when you're about the launch the ball, you can select on the DMD an item (like lock ball, start mission etc.) and you can accelerate the selection process by flipping?
What would cause the selection screen to go nuts, as if I am depressing a flipper button really fast, non-stop? (but I am actually NOT touching the flipper buttons at all)
The selection goes nuts, but the flippers do not activate, and I am not touching anything.
Takes a while for this issue to surface. I can usually play a couple normal games before this happens...
Thanks for any info!

If you just have a ball sitting ready to launch for awhile, it will speed up. I always viewed it as a sort of punishment for taking so long. Not sure if that is what you are noticing or not.

#2474 5 years ago

Yeah, if you have to wait for a while, it is normal.

#2475 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Assuming you aren't waiting too long which speeds up the selection rate, closure of the upper right and upper left flipper optos is what allows you to manually change the selection, you may want to clean them and see if the problem goes away.

For clarification, ALL WPC89 games have four flipper switches, most of which have programmed functions even if the game only has two flippers.

#2476 5 years ago

Pick up a STTNG on Sat and have been having fun since....couple issues to fix but nothing major....yet. Quick question....the center wireform....what does it do? Seems I either put it in Borg ship or it comes all the way back the delta ramp....never had ball on the wire frame.

#2477 5 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

Pick up a STTNG on Sat and have been having fun since....couple issues to fix but nothing major....yet. Quick question....the center wireform....what does it do? Seems I either put it in Borg ship or it comes all the way back the delta ramp....never had ball on the wire frame.

It should only go to the Borg ship if lock is lit, otherwise it should take that wireform. There is a diverter in the back, sounds like that's not working properly (or one of the switches that activates it).

#2478 5 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

Pick up a STTNG on Sat and have been having fun since....

Welcome aboard Captain!

#2479 5 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

There is a diverter in the back, sounds like that's not working properly

This is good advice, the diverted is normally open to the Borg ship; it is pulled closed by delta ramp entry opto when Borg Lock is not lit.

#2480 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This is good advice, the diverted is normally open to the Borg ship; it is pulled closed by delta ramp entry opto when Borg Lock is not lit.

Looks like a have something else to chase....thanks for the welcome and the help

#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

you may want to clean them and see if the problem goes away.

THANK YOU. I will clean them and report back. Cheers!

#2482 5 years ago

Anyone ever have issues with the spinner moving right so the switch ends up being held closed by the bent end of the wireform?

#2483 5 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Anyone ever have issues with the spinner moving right so the switch ends up being held closed by the bent end of the wireform?

No, but I do have an issue with draining after shooting for super spinner. Usually a right drain. Anyone else have this issue?

#2484 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Just to be clear....
when I start the game ...I roll a ball up the ramp and the opto should close the diverter? I get nothing....the diverter test ok but that's it.

#2485 5 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

Just to be clear....
when I start the game ...I roll a ball up the ramp and the opto should close the diverter? I get nothing....the diverter test ok but that's it.

OK got it. Switch activates the diverter....guess I always hit it with the lock on.

#2486 5 years ago

Just a little game to test Final Frontier with my fresh Pinsound card

#2487 5 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Not too bad... I question the use of what appears to be a DS9-ish theme on the Final Frontier... but to each his own.
Nice looking machine... even without my mods. ;D

#2488 5 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Your machine started a ball search at around the 12 minute mark. I wonder why? What ROM version are you running?

#2489 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Not too bad... I question the use of what appears to be a DS9-ish theme on the Final Frontier... but to each his own.
Nice looking machine... even without my mods. ;D

Thanks Zitt For the Deep Space Nine theme, i agree but it works too I just download the STTNG_Ultimate_by_PinballShark file on the Pinsound community.

#2490 5 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

Your machine started a ball search at around the 12 minute mark. I wonder why? What ROM version are you running?

I m using the original one (L1 or L2, don't remember). I ll purchase the L7 version.

#2491 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

even without my mods. ;D

My mods
20180616_141453 (resized).jpg20180616_141453 (resized).jpg20180617_142024 (resized).jpg20180617_142024 (resized).jpg20180617_142045 (resized).jpg20180617_142045 (resized).jpg20180617_142109 (resized).jpg20180617_142109 (resized).jpg20180617_162747 (resized).jpg20180617_162747 (resized).jpg20180916_221313 (resized).jpg20180916_221313 (resized).jpg20181026_172027 (resized).jpg20181026_172027 (resized).jpg20181026_172058 (resized).jpg20181026_172058 (resized).jpg20181026_172105 (resized).jpg20181026_172105 (resized).jpg20181026_210653 (resized).jpg20181026_210653 (resized).jpg20181103_000349 (resized).jpg20181103_000349 (resized).jpg

To be continued...

#2492 5 years ago

Best mod ever!

IMG_0023.jpgIMG_0023.jpg
#2493 5 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

Best mod ever!
[quoted image]

Hey that's my shower curtain rug I have in my bathroom!

#2494 5 years ago

Where can we get that rug?

#2495 5 years ago

I got it from ThinkGeek:

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/kjtk/

It was on sale at the time, so it was just under $100 shipped. It's a pretty high quality rug, just has to flatten out and "fluff" a bit. I like it a lot!

#2496 5 years ago

Just turned on my machine after being off for over a month and the display is not working. Only one line is showing (see picture). Any advice on troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Brian

E3B45461-539D-4645-825B-03AC64C3C53A (resized).jpegE3B45461-539D-4645-825B-03AC64C3C53A (resized).jpeg
#2497 5 years ago
Quoted from Bdkorn:

Just turned on my machine after being off for over a month and the display is not working. Only one line is showing (see picture). Any advice on troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
- Brian
[quoted image]

Re-seat all the ribbon cables.

#2498 5 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

Best mod ever!
[quoted image]

Here I thought only I had these 2 games together.

5pins.jpg5pins.jpg
#2499 5 years ago

Just nabbed a "NOS" neutral zone switch and boy this thing looks like a pain to adjust!

#2500 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Just nabbed a "NOS" neutral zone switch and boy this thing looks like a pain to adjust!

Awesome find! Just wait until you find out what all needs to be removed to replace it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
$ 85.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 10,370 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 208.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club/page/50?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.