Topic Stats

• 3,577 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by epeabs
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 960 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

thumbnail_IMG_20191008_173607 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Transluscent plastic-Bumpers-away (resized).jpg
Transluscent plastic-Bumpers-top (resized).jpg
Reflector-Perspective (resized).png
Reflector-Views (resized).jpg
Reflector Pos2 (resized).jpg
Reflectors Shields Lit (resized).jpg
Reflector Pos1 (resized).jpg
Shields Illumination (resized).jpg
Naceles Illum (resized).jpg
sttng ongm (resized).jpg
STTNG V2 PST (resized).jpg
STTNG v1 PsT (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3577 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 72.
#1951 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I still think this shuttle looks much more detailed than the original version one, moreover this is the Goddard, the one from the front cabinet decal...

definitely an improvement.

#1952 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I still think this shuttle looks much more detailed than the original version one, moreover this is the Goddard, the one from the front cabinet decal...

I looked at many model and toy options because I didn’t like the replacement from Marco. Not finding one the right size, I bought the Marco one anyway and painted it myself. I really like the Goddard shuttle. Can you provide more info about it.

#1953 1 year ago

clarkkent Who makes that shuttle?

#1954 1 year ago

clarkkent Is that an Eaglemoss Type-6 Shuttle? ebay.com link » Type 6 Goddard Shuttle Enterprise 1701 D English Metall Modell Star Trek Eaglem

Several on Ebay if so...

#1955 1 year ago

Good eye. I'm going to see if I can get one to do a test install on my machine.

#1956 1 year ago

Cool!

#1957 1 year ago

I ordered one myself. It seems it's metal instead of plastic, so might make it a little more challenging to mount on the ramp, but we'll see.

#1958 1 year ago

I'm going to look at using some #2-56 screws to mount to a new plastic. Should be cast metal; so a #2-56 tap would work.
Probably be a post-Christmas project.

#1959 1 year ago

Yes, it's cast metal. I just used double sided tape to mount it.

The Eaglemoss version is a very little bit smaller but in my opinion it fits better as the proportion compared to the other ships is more realistic. And it's more detailed, that's for sure!

type6-6 (resized).jpg

neu (resized).jpg

#1960 1 year ago

Hmm...this "new" shuttle craft has me on the fence. For quite a while I have been planning on installing the Hallmark DS9 shuttle (sacrilege, I know) because I can *fairly easily* wire it into the lighting and because the original shuttle looks like cheese (as do most of the original ships that came in the game). This shuttle looks a lot better than the original one, obviously fits the game context better than the DS9 one, it just isn't going to get wired into the lighting.

Decisions...

#1961 1 year ago

Someone far more talented than me should make one with all the appropriate lighting in place

#1962 1 year ago

I finally bought my first pin and it's a ST:TNG! Very exciting. My father in law loves it too!

24294389_10155771913961113_6628764118928732601_n (resized).jpg

#1963 1 year ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

I finally bought my first pin and it's a ST:TNG! Very exciting. My father in law loves it too!

awesome choice! congrats!

#1964 1 year ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

I finally bought my first pin and it's a ST:TNG!

Congratulations and welcome aboard!

#1965 1 year ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

Time to start the upgrades/Mods.
Enjoy. STNG was my first entry into the Pinball world... you'll pry it from my cold dead hands.

#1966 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Hmm...this "new" shuttle craft has me on the fence. For quite a while I have been planning on installing the Hallmark DS9 shuttle (sacrilege, I know) because I can *fairly easily* wire it into the lighting and because the original shuttle looks like cheese (as do most of the original ships that came in the game). This shuttle looks a lot better than the original one, obviously fits the game context better than the DS9 one, it just isn't going to get wired into the lighting.
Decisions...

Hmm, maybe Zitt will figure out how to put some lights in the Eaglemoss model for us! It would be pretty cool if the nacelles glowed light blue! Hint hint zitt

#1967 1 year ago

I have one for sale

#1968 1 year ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Hmm, maybe Zitt will figure out how to put some lights in the Eaglemoss model for us! It would be pretty cool if the nacelles glowed light blue! Hint hint zitt

Exactly who I was thinking of since I have MULTIPLE of his mods, but I wasn't gonna call him out like that (although I do agree with you).

#1969 1 year ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Quoted from Cheeks:

Exactly who I was thinking of since I have MULTIPLE of his mods, but I wasn't gonna call him out like that (although I do agree with you).

No worries. I was already planning on looking into it when my ship arrives.
My biggest concern of course is that it's diecast metal... that makes it difficult to light up.
It does look like the nacelles lenses are plastic in the pictures... if so; would be a good candidate if the nacelles can be detached from the ship.

Quoted from Paulb:

I have one for sale

One what?

#1970 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

No worries. I was already planning on looking into it when my ship arrives.
My biggest concern of course is that it's diecast metal... that makes it difficult to light up.
It does look like the nacelles lenses are plastic in the pictures... if so; would be a good candidate if the nacelles can be detached from the ship.

One what?

Hmmm, as long as there is no light this is only a very minor improvment.

Will be very hard to cut out something under those tiny nacelles lenses and add blue LEDs.

#1971 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Time to start the upgrades/Mods.
Enjoy. STNG was my first entry into the Pinball world... you'll pry it from my cold dead hands.

my first mod will be Inner Cabinet Decal Mod.
Trying to figure out what looks best.
Anyone ever use these? I like idea of them.
ebay.com link » Star Trek Lcars Pinball Inner Cabinet Decal Mod

#1972 1 year ago

I'm personally not a fan of cabinet decals but if I was going to install one on STTNG, I would most likely go with a deep space type decal.

Full disclosure, when I was restoring my STTNG I had purchased some space themed decals but decided to go a different route and did a full restoration of the inner cabinet; it had some horrific scars from lifting the playfield from a tee nut gouging away at the front right side.

#1973 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

would be a good candidate if the nacelles can be detached from the ship.

They can be removed. I just broke one of the attachment points. The bottom is die-cast and the top and nacelles are plastic.

IMG_1718 (resized).JPG

#1974 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I still think this shuttle looks much more detailed than the original version one

Thanks for the tip ClarkKent. It is smaller but it looks much better than my original.

IMG_1721 (resized).JPG

#1975 1 year ago
Quoted from BriPin:

the start mission hole sometimes doesn't start a mission when it should

Just to follow up on my issue: I repinned connectors, replaced the LM339, replaced the optos, replaced diodes and removed the mantis protector but still the under borg hole would intermittently not register a shot. Then I figured it had to be that the ball was somehow hopping over the opto. And then I remembered I didn't install the metal guard at the hole under the playfield as I thought it was redundant with the Mantis protectors in place. I was wrong; it is there to avoid this very situation Once I put it back all is as it should be. Live and learn!

#1976 1 year ago

Are there any common causes for game resets occurring, besides battery leakage damage?

#1977 1 year ago
Quoted from taz:

Are there any common causes for game resets occurring, besides battery leakage damage?

Have you changed your DMD to a ColorDMD? I did and found out my 12 volt output could not handle the extra load.

#1978 1 year ago
Quoted from taz:

The most common cause is a low 5V on the MPU...there are several things that can cause this problem. The first step in diagnosing the issue is to measure your 5VDC across capacitor C31 on the MPU itself, anything lower than 4.9V is a cause for concern

#1979 1 year ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

Have you changed your DMD to a ColorDMD? I did and found out my 12 volt output could not handle the extra load.

No, I haven't. I did replace the cannon wiring harnesses not too long ago though.

#1980 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

The most common cause is a low 5V on the MPU...there are several things that can cause this problem. The first step in diagnosing the issue is to measure your 5VDC across capacitor C31 on the MPU itself, anything lower than 4.9V is a cause for concern

I'll give it a try. Also, would it also cause the sound to fluctuate? Thanks to everyone!

#1981 1 year ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

I did the color DMD and was ok but when I added pinstadium lights yep that was it. Wired up an external power adapter for pinstadium and plugged it into the service outlet now everything works great.

STTNG just has a lot of stuff on it to run a ton or even few mods. The cannons alone causes issues

#1982 1 year ago

Anyone any ideas

Whilst both my cannons are functioning properly they have slowed down by around 50% when rotating ?

#1983 1 year ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Anyone any ideas
Whilst both my cannons are functioning properly they have slowed down by around 50% when rotating ?

Here are a couple of things to check.
Clean and re-lube the cannon shafts. Also test your 12volt output that operates the cannons.

If you have added any mods that operate on the 12 volts, disconnect them and see if the cannons operate faster.

#1984 1 year ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

If you have added any mods that operate on the 12 volts, disconnect them and see if the cannons operate faster.

Think that may be the culprit. Just added a led lightstrip mod.

Will check when I get home

Edit. Shame that would have been too easy. I’ll check the output power supply when I can get hold of a multimeter

#1985 1 year ago

If the voltage checks out, there was an interesting issue in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slow-cannons which is imho is worth looking over.

#1986 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

If the voltage checks out, there was an interesting issue in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slow-cannons which is imho is worth looking over.

Many thanks for the link. Reading through it I kept hoping someone would chime in with loose connector or something.

Oh well looks like the diagnostics fully match my symptoms so will look to the motor

#1987 1 year ago

Here are a couple of photos of my STTNG with the new Pinstadium lights added.. without the lights, with lights on full bright, and with what I call the "deep space" look. Once the lights are on you can adjust the color and look to your own preference. Awesome addition in my opinion.

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3265 (resized).JPG

IMG_3103 (resized).JPG

#1988 1 year ago

New mirrored backglass is now available from CPR. Will someone please post a review after they have installed?

#1989 1 year ago
Quoted from xeneize:

New mirrored backglass is now available from CPR. Will someone please post a review after they have installed?

Didn't even know this existed. I'll be curious to hear reviews as well. CPR backglasses have been hit and miss for me. Was interested in Bride of Pinbot, but it looked too muddy for me to try it. Paragon and Bally Star Trek I bought and ended up selling to others, they were way too muddy as well. Other games like Bally Strikes and Spares and Solar Fire have been awesome!

If I had to guess, this will the greatest either since it seems to be the CMYK glasses they've struggled with (although I have not seen the last several they've created in person).

#1990 1 year ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Would be great to see one in person so we could decide if it's worth it or not.

#1991 1 year ago

Yeah, I don't know, I checked out the pictures of this on CPR's website and even those don't look good

#1992 1 year ago

I'm considering getting one. Not to install; because my Translite has all the actors signatures.
Tough call.

#1993 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm considering getting one. Not to install; because my Translite has all the actors signatures.
Tough call.

If I had both and I was going to frame one to put it on the wall, it'd be the signed one so I could keep it if I ever let the machine go.

#1994 1 year ago

I want to buy a STTNG. Does anybody want to sell me theirs?

#1995 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiz55:

Here are a couple of photos of my STTNG with the new Pinstadium lights added.. without the lights, with lights on full bright, and with what I call the "deep space" look. Once the lights are on you can adjust the color and look to your own preference. Awesome addition in my opinion.

Which package did you order? What are you doing for power?

#1996 1 year ago

My left canon just started shooting out the ball with a dribble. The right canon fires nice and strong, but the left can't even make it to the Beta ramp now.
Anyone ever have this issue?

#1997 1 year ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Many thanks for the link. Reading through it I kept hoping someone would chime in with loose connector or something.
Oh well looks like the diagnostics fully match my symptoms so will look to the motor

Even if its lower power that's causing the issue, I would still check the shafts to make sure they are clean. If they are gunked up with old sticky grease, the cannon will require more power to push through that resistance. You may find that cleaning them is enough to get them working to a satisfactory level. Its also relatively easy to do.

#1998 1 year ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

I want to buy a STTNG. Does anybody want to sell me theirs?

for 9K

#1999 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Tough call.

If you ever decide to part with it ... PLEASE contact me and let me know what you want for it

#2000 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

If you ever decide to part with it ... PLEASE contact me and let me know what you want for it

LOL. ok.
I bought the glass from CPR last night.
Right now I'm thinking of making some Art for the arcade using it...
I think if I ever get in a situation of having to sell anything... I'd sell the game first; with the glass and the translite when I'm just about homeless.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
There are 3577 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 72.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside