IMG_2001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240414_092939 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_093008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_092918 (resized).jpg
UWB DMD Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
17022 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 208.
#951 7 years ago

Does anyone have any good suggestions for spotlights in STTNG? it is very dark...

#952 7 years ago

Hello STTNG owners. I recently sold my game and am now auctioning off my left over parts. Here is the link:

ebay.com link: loanguy71773

#953 7 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Does anyone have any good suggestions for spotlights in STTNG? it is very dark...

I don't know about spotlights but I have cool white LED bulbs in the GI and bright ones under the slingshots aimed toward the center with translucent Titan rings. These light the area above the flippers where it matters the most. I also have a white LED under the Klingon ship wing aimed toward the center of the playfield, but hidden from the direct view from the player's perspective. I believe these bulbs under the wings were intended to light the playfield a bit, but I see other removing or rotating the ship and putting darker lights under there.

#954 7 years ago

I just stripped my playfield and will be having a friend put a fresh clearcoat on it. While I'm waiting on that I'll take the opportunity to clean everything, rebuild the flippers/pops, etc.

1483668637633-1886841345 (resized).jpg1483668637633-1886841345 (resized).jpg

#955 7 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Does anyone have any good suggestions for spotlights in STTNG? it is very dark..

This is where I installed mine! Used the super bright 4smd white bulbs!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#956 7 years ago

Picked up a very nice STTNG at Thanksgiving. First pin. Love it (as do the neighbors).

Have room for more pins and have an itch to get another but not wanting to spend more than $5k. Is there a good pin to compliment STTNG? Honestly after playing this feature rich pin many look lackluster by comparison. I have had my eye on The Shadow as it has some good compliments to STTNG (upper PF, Vault, lane switching). Are there others that make sense to consider as well?

No way my wife allows me to have more than 2 pins this year so I will be living with this decision for a while.

#957 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

This is where I installed mine! Used the super bright 4smd white bulbs!

Thank you!
That looks like a good place to have them.
I will update the thread when I place mine.

#958 7 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Are there others that make sense to consider as well?

I have The Shadow next to my STTNG. TS is a totally different beast, lightening fast, great ruleset, animation, music. It will never leave!

#959 7 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Are there others that make sense to consider as well?

Can't get enough of my Tales from the Crypt ....

#960 7 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

That looks like a good place to have them.

Also installed 20 natural white light strip from comet to light up the backboard ... Can provide pic if required !

#961 7 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Picked up a very nice STTNG at Thanksgiving. First pin. Love it (as do the neighbors).
Have room for more pins and have an itch to get another but not wanting to spend more than $5k. Is there a good pin to compliment STTNG? Honestly after playing this feature rich pin many look lackluster by comparison. I have had my eye on The Shadow as it has some good compliments to STTNG (upper PF, Vault, lane switching). Are there others that make sense to consider as well?
No way my wife allows me to have more than 2 pins this year so I will be living with this decision for a while.

a lot of people really love The Shadow. If you can find one, it's a great choice. You never know what will come up for sale within driving distance, though. Depending on how patient you are, you might need to broaden your wish list. In my opinion, a good complement to STTNG would have the following traits:

- a non-widebody. just for contrast.

- more "flow", less "stop and go" gameplay (might mean a simpler layout, sans subway and vuks and cannons, etc).

- something that doesn't require as much regular maintenance. (STTNG is a GLORIOUS game but it takes more effort than most to keep in tip-top shape)

- something with a deeper, more modern ruleset perhaps?

my suggestion is a newer Stern Pro model. They tend to be very fast and fun games. You can get a new Game of Thrones, Metallica, Ghostbusters, The Walking Dead, or Star Trek for pretty close to your budget if you ask around with distributors. even less if you find one for sale on Pinside slightly used.

The only one i'd recommend against is Star Trek, because while it is a very fun and fast game, it is very very similar to STTNG in its shot layout, so when side by side STTNG makes ST seem like a stripped down version with lamer playfield art.

I just picked up a Ghostbusters Pro myself (i recommend CoinTaker as a distributor), and i'm having a blast with it. two games with great hand drawn playfield art, and they both have a congruent sci-fi theme (i think you can make a case for GB being sci-fi -- although the antagonists are supernatural, the protagonists address the film's conflicts through scientific research and applied futuristic technology).

Anyway, those other Stern games would make a great addition, too. You get faster flow and deeper ruleset, although Sterns are mechanically simpler. Being brand new as opposed to 20 years old helps with reliability, too!

#962 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

- something with a deeper, more modern ruleset perhaps?
my suggestion is a newer Stern Pro model. They tend to be very fast and fun games. You can get a new Game of Thrones, Metallica, Ghostbusters, The Walking Dead, or Star Trek for pretty close to your budget if you ask around with distributors. even less if you find one for sale on Pinside slightly used.
The only one i'd recommend against is Star Trek, because while it is a very fun and fast game, it is very very similar to STTNG in its shot layout, so when side by side STTNG makes ST seem like a stripped down version with lamer playfield art.
I just picked up a Ghostbusters Pro myself (i recommend CoinTaker as a distributor), and i'm having a blast with it. two games with great hand drawn playfield art, and they both have a congruent sci-fi theme (i think you can make a case for GB being sci-fi -- although the antagonists are supernatural, the protagonists address the film's conflicts through scientific research and applied futuristic technology).
Anyway, those other Stern games would make a great addition, too. You get faster flow and deeper ruleset, although Sterns are mechanically simpler. Being brand new as opposed to 20 years old helps with reliability, too!

Some good suggestions regarding contrasting games but would argue that both STTNG and GB have serious outlane drains (assuming no extenders on STTNG) so it may not be the best choice in a two game collection. I personally don't like TS that much but I'm clearly in the minority. Some other WMS/Bally games to consider would be HS2 (lots of flow), Black Rose, or maybe I500?

#963 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Some good suggestions regarding contrasting games but would argue that both STTNG and GB have serious outlane drains (assuming no extenders on STTNG) so it may not be the best choice in a two game collection. I personally don't like TS that much but I'm clearly in the minority. Some other WMS/Bally games to consider would be HS2 (lots of flow), Black Rose, or maybe I500?

very true, GB is a VERY hard game. the outlanes are ravenous even at their narrowest setting, and there's a mean gap between the flippers. i like that both GB and STTNG are difficult, though -- it keeps them from getting boring. just my opinion, though.

#964 7 years ago

Good advice. I have played GB, MET, GOT, and other modern pins locally. Need to find a Black Rose to try out because it looks interesting.

No extenders here so side drains (especially on the right) are pretty common.

#965 7 years ago

come to tpf in march for comparison shopping

#966 7 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Stargate. Seriously you won't regret it. It plays super fast and the layout is fun with tons to shoot at. If you want a newer Stern than I would do met pro.

#967 7 years ago

How the heck do you remove the plastic crank from the gun motor ? How do I get that set pin out? Apparently Marco doesn't sell them already attached.

20170109_170855 (resized).jpg20170109_170855 (resized).jpg20170109_170902 (resized).jpg20170109_170902 (resized).jpg

#968 7 years ago

Are you sure it is not an Allen Wrench?

#969 7 years ago

You need a pin punch like one in this set: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200627746_200627746

If you want a hack solution, you can use a cut off nail of the right size or a finishing nail backwards.

#970 7 years ago

We currently have a WOZ. Looking to change things up a bit again. Thinking of either MET or STTNG. We also have a stargate that we love. Thoughts? STTNG was and still is one of my favorite shows ever. I did own a Stern star trek pro that I sold after 6 months, didn't care for the code, layout was ok.

#971 7 years ago

If you are a fan of the show, it's a no brainer!

#972 7 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

How the heck do you remove the plastic crank from the gun motor ? How do I get that set pin out?

That is a very good question! First a minor correction to your statement, the crank is connected to the gearbox and not the motor; I felt this was worth mentioning since you do not need to remove the gearbox to replace the motor. You also don't need to remove the crank from the gearbox to remove the gearbox from its mounting bracket .... more on this in a minute.

My second question is why do you want to remove the crank? It looks perfectly fine and there is nearly nothing that can go wrong with it (aside from being able to get it off the gearbox and damaging it it the attempt) If you want to remove it in order to replace your gearbox, you will be wasting both time and money as a cheap punch from China will bend or break before it moves this pin, and a new pin and crank will cost you just as much, or less than a good hardened steel pin extractor of the appropriate size (there is still no guarantee you will remove the pin without damaging the crank.

Quoted from comment23:

Apparently Marco doesn't sell them already attached.

They don't, but you can buy a new crank for and a new roll pin for under $10. I believe the problem you are experiencing is you don't know how to remove the gearbox with the crank attached...this I can help you with!

Scenario 1: ( Original Gearbox) If you have an original gearbox, you can simply remove the motor from the gearbox by removing the two screws from the motors retaining bracket and the motor will pull right off the gearbox. With the torque from the motor removed from the equation, you should be able to hand turn the gearbox to align with the extraction hole, then just take out the screw that holds the crank to the arm.

Gun Motor (resized).jpgGun Motor (resized).jpg

Scenario 2: (replacement Gearbox) So your gearbox was replaced and the motor doesn't want to come off ... no worries! I've found that the motor mounting plate has been pressed onto the gearbox on some of the replacements I've come across; at first, this will seem to be a problem, but realistically, it's just not worth screwing with; all you need to do is separate the motor voltage connector, and hook up a 9V battery to the motor in order to rotate it until the crank screw lines up with the extraction hole, then just take out the screw that holds the crank to the arm. You will then be able to remove the motor/gearbox assembly with the crank attached.

Scenario 3: (the gearbox won't turn at all) Ahhh...this makes things harder for sure. Fortunately, you have a new grarbox and motor since they are purchased together, hopefully you purchased the new crank and roll pin at the same time, if not ... you will want to get them. Use your favorite cutting tool and just cut the crank on half and remove the gearbox from the mounting bracket, you can then remove the remainder of the crank from the arm as it will freely rotate to wherever you need it to be to remove the crank/arm screw.

Disclosure: I attempted to extract this pin using a cheap China extractor set, then with a decent Carbon Steel 3/32" pin punch, the one from china just bent, and the one made in the USA was unable to move the pin...after beating on it for awhile and getting nowhere, I had to wonder why I was even screwing with it at all since I had replacement pins and cranks in my parts bin

#973 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

If you are a fan of the show, it's a no brainer!

The potential repairs on this pin do scare me a bit though.

#974 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Think of them all as learning experiences, unless you afraid of learning, there is nothing to fear since you belong to an outstanding support community!

#975 7 years ago

None of it is rocket science, and pretty much every part is available online. Mine was only my second pin, and it was a bit of a fixer-upper, and fixing it up wasn't too bad. Still, if you can find one that's very nice to begin with, that's what I'd recommend.

#976 7 years ago

This also seems to be one of the more active club threads to support issues and questions. Tons of great info in the 1000 or so posts already here. And quick responses for things not already answered... Buy the STTNG and have fun!

On a side note, I think I need to take my alpha ramp off to replace an opto pair. Not getting alpha to register in one of the modes. I forget which mode, but a minor annoyance that needs fixing.

Love this game though. My 9yr old daughter is now watching the episodes on the Fire stick with me.

#977 7 years ago

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice!

#978 7 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

This also seems to be one of the more active club threads to support issues and questions. Tons of great info in the 1000 or so posts already here. And quick responses for things not already answered... Buy the STTNG and have fun!
On a side note, I think I need to take my alpha ramp off to replace an opto pair. Not getting alpha to register in one of the modes. I forget which mode, but a minor annoyance that needs fixing.
Love this game though. My 9yr old daughter is now watching the episodes on the Fire stick with me.

Fire stick?

By the way, if you want, I can PM you a list of the really crappy episodes that are totally skippable. I LOVE that show but man there are some really unwatchable stinkers in there. Most of them are in seasons 1 and 2, but there are a couple utter wastes of 47 minutes even in the good seasons (3 through 6) too.

#979 7 years ago

Oh I should mention my 9 year old daughter also loves watching TNG with me!

#980 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Fire stick?
By the way, if you want, I can PM you a list of the really crappy episodes that are totally skippable. I LOVE that show but man there are some really unwatchable stinkers in there. Most of them are in seasons 1 and 2, but there are a couple utter wastes of 47 minutes even in the good seasons (3 through 6) too.

FYI Here's a list I nabbed somewhere off the net awhile back of "some of the best espisodes", for what it is worth:

- The Defector (Season 3)

- Yesterday's Enterprise (Season 3)

- Best of Both Worlds (this is a 2-parter: Season 3 finale / Season 4 premiere)

- The Inner Light (Season 5 ... often considered one of the best episodes of television ever!)

- Cause and Effect (Season 5)

- Frame of Mind (Season 6)

- Parallels (Season 7)

- Tapestry (Season 7)

- All Good Things... (Season 7, and the series finale)

Obviously if you only watched those you'd be missing *a lot*, but hey, you can always watch these first then decide if you want to dig deeper. STTNG wasn't super serialized so most of the episodes can stand on their own quite nicely.

#981 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

FYI Here's a list I nabbed somewhere off the net awhile back of "some of the best espisodes", for what it is worth:

- The Inner Light (Season 5 ... often considered one of the best episodes of television ever!)

- Parallels (Season 7)

- Tapestry (Season 7)

Obviously if you only watched those you'd be missing *a lot*, but hey, you can always watch these first then decide if you want to dig deeper. STTNG wasn't super serialized so most of the episodes can on their own quite nicely.

haha i probably wrote that.

#982 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

None of it is rocket science, and pretty much every part is available online. Mine was only my second pin, and it was a bit of a fixer-upper, and fixing it up wasn't too bad. Still, if you can find one that's very nice to begin with, that's what I'd recommend.

Any STTNG owners also own a MET Pro? I'm trying to decide between a 1 owner HUO MET Pro with the wooden backbox (all leds added) and a 1 owner HUO STTNG without any mods.

#983 7 years ago

I like potential repairs....

IMG_0083 (resized).JPGIMG_0083 (resized).JPG

#984 7 years ago

Any STTNG owners also own a MET Pro? I'm trying to decide between a 1 owner HUO MET Pro with the wooden backbox (all leds added) and a 1 owner HUO STTNG without any mods.

the MET will be less work. even a HUO STTNG is still 24 years old.

MET also has a deeper ruleset, and plays faster.

that said, though, if you are somehow able to verify the STTNG's HUO status (that's a big if) then i would be all over the STTNG. HUO MET Pros are all over the place. an actual HUO STTNG would be a rare thing. it was a game that usually got tons of plays and abuse on route, and there weren't nearly as many home collectors back then. sure, it will probably need some work at first, but the playfield should be in stellar condition (even if it's dirty). you would want to check the boards for battery damage, though, that's very common on HUO games.

also, modding this game is super fun. i really had a blast painting the borg ship, replacing the other stock ships, adding laser cannons, cliffys, LEDs, spotlights, mirror blades, colorDMD, LED OCD, GI OCD, and so on. you can really make this game shine well beyond its stock look. it's got gobs of potential.

#985 7 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I like potential repairs....

At least you won't have to spend any time tracking down issues on the boards or repairing battery damage

#986 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

the MET will be less work. even a HUO STTNG is still 24 years old.
MET also has a deeper ruleset, and plays faster.
that said, though, if you are somehow able to verify the STTNG's HUO status (that's a big if) then i would be all over the STTNG. HUO MET Pros are all over the place. an actual HUO STTNG would be a rare thing. it was a game that usually got tons of plays and abuse on route, and there weren't nearly as many home collectors back then. sure, it will probably need some work at first, but the playfield should be in stellar condition (even if it's dirty). you would want to check the boards for battery damage, though, that's very common on HUO games.
also, modding this game is super fun. i really had a blast painting the borg ship, replacing the other stock ships, adding laser cannons, cliffys, LEDs, spotlights, mirror blades, colorDMD, LED OCD, GI OCD, and so on. you can really make this game shine well beyond its stock look. it's got gobs of potential.

This guys STTNG is 1 owner HUO, I believe him, he seems very honest. I haven't seen it yet but I will soon. He said he changes the batteries regularly, he is aware of battery damage issues that can occur. I think he said there is 490 plays on it? He hasn't done anything to it except LEDs. Isn't there some grounding fix you have to do on these?

#987 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

haha i probably wrote that.

Well thank-you if you did!

Planning on using it watch the highlights with my sons. They are getting older and less patient with me so I have to be picky about what I choose these days.

I think STTNG is excellent viewing, it's so refreshing to see a world that isn't a dystopic mess and actually demonstrates the merits of tolerance, community over individualism, discussion over violence, rational thinking, and the wonder of discovery. lol

#988 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well thank-you if you did!
Planning on using it watch the highlights with my sons. They are getting older and less patient with me so I have to be picky about what I choose these days.
I think STTNG is excellent viewing, it's so refreshing to see a world that isn't a dystopic mess and actually demonstrates the merits of tolerance, community over individualism, discussion over violence, rational thinking, and the wonder of discovery. lol

Deep Space 9 is just as good as STTNG, you should watch that too!

#989 7 years ago

DS9 is fantastic, but it's heavily serialized, so unlike TNG you can't skip around or only watch a few episodes. It's also darker and less idealistic than TNG. Moral compromises are a necessity on DS9. That's not a criticism. Just a different tone.

There is a wonderful season 1 episode called "Duet" that doesn't require any prior knowledge really and is a good barometer of if you'd like the series.

#990 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

DS9 is fantastic, but it's heavily serialized, so unlike TNG you can't skip around or only watch a few episodes. It's also darker and less idealistic than TNG. Moral compromises are a necessity on DS9. That's not a criticism. Just a different tone.
There is a wonderful season 1 episode called "Duet" that doesn't require any prior knowledge really and is a good barometer of if you'd like the series

I'll throw in an endorsement for DS9. Just like the other series, it takes a while to get going. Once the Dominion War starts, things get pretty good pretty fast. The pilot also does a great job of setting the mood for the show (at least the first couple of seasons) and introduces most of the main cast, so it's also not a bad place to start. I think it's tied for me in terms of favorite series with TNG. It actually plays in your hands to watch a more serialized show that is 20 years old because you can go from one to the next without having to wait a week between episodes.

DS9 is great. Give it a chance.

#991 7 years ago

DS9 is "ok" the reality is I still feel the same as I did when I was a kid.
DS9 is very soap opera like... with lots of character arch which is good. But it still feels slow compared to TNG.

#992 7 years ago

I did watch a bit of it when it originally aired, but never really grabbed me at the time.

...besides, does DS9 have Steve Ritchie designed pinball machine?! No, no it does not! How good can it be then??

...of course by that metric, the reboot movies would have to be "good" too, and they sure aren't.

#993 7 years ago

The daughter and I are almost through TNG season 2, so 5 more seasons to go. I like DS9 a lot as well. I watched most of those back in the day. It's up next to watch the 7 season arc after TNG.

The one series I just never got into was Voyager. I couldn't get past Janeway's barfly voice. I'll give it a try again after TNG and DS9. Then it's on to Enterprise. Never watched a single episode of that series, so for better or worse, it's at least new to me.

As far as the pin, looks like my next steps will be fixing that Alpha ramp opto, replacing the two ships with Hallmark versions, and then onto GI and LED OCD boards.

#994 7 years ago

I actually just traded my MET Pro (wooden backbox w/ full LEDs) for a really nice STTNG. MET has great code and a lot of shot variety. It's super deep and pretty damn challenging. STTNG isn't nearly as deep but it's a fast-flowing super fun game in its own right. I'd say that perhaps MET may have more longevity, but STTNG is a classic and is really fun. I also have noticed that more of my friends (non pinheads) have gravitated towards the STTNG much more so than they did with my MET. Only a handful of my friends who were much more into pinball and more skilled players enjoyed the MET, the rest barely played it...one of the reasons I decided to part with it as I have a lot more fun when more of my friends can enjoy a machine too.

#995 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I actually just traded my MET Pro (wooden backbox w/ full LEDs) for a really nice STTNG. MET has great code and a lot of shot variety. It's super deep and pretty damn challenging. STTNG isn't nearly as deep but it's a fast-flowing super fun game in its own right. I'd say that perhaps MET may have more longevity, but STTNG is a classic and is really fun. I also have noticed that more of my friends (non pinheads) have gravitated towards the STTNG much more so than they did with my MET. Only a handful of my friends who were much more into pinball and more skilled players enjoyed the MET, the rest barely played it...one of the reasons I decided to part with it as I have a lot more fun when more of my friends can enjoy a machine too.

Yes, it's a very tough choice. I had my mind set on a met pro until this 1 owner huo sttng popped up. Now it's decision time.

#996 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

- Parallels (Season 7)

- Tapestry (Season 7)

Obviously if you only watched those you'd be missing *a lot*, but hey, you can always watch these first then decide if you want to dig deeper. STTNG wasn't super serialized so most of the episodes can stand on their own quite nicely.

I think you nailed it...

I was thinking Yesterday's Enterprise, Best of Both Worlds, Tapestry, and All Good Things.

#997 7 years ago

I would take the HUO STTNG any day of the week over the MET Pro, I would actually prefer one with no mods since I can put on the mods I want and skip the ones I don't. If its truly a HUO machine, chances are the board set is in pristine condition and the machine is hack free; hell I would buy it even if the MPU had acid damage as long at the machine was in a climate controlled environment for the whole 20+ years.

There will be things the machines needs at this age, and even a NIB one would at this point. The following items were greased during assembly with a clay based grease that will now be hardened:
Upper Subway Diverter
Lower Subway Diverter
Borg Diverter
Left cannon Screw
Right Cannon Screw

You will want to remove disassemble these parts, clean off all the old grease, and reapply a TINY amount of a good PFTE synthetic to these parts.

#998 7 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

The daughter and I are almost through TNG season 2, so 5 more seasons to go.

the overall quality really kicks up a notch in season three. hope you guys stick with it!

Quoted from Kronlar:

I like DS9 a lot as well. I watched most of those back in the day. It's up next to watch the 7 season arc after TNG.
The one series I just never got into was Voyager. I couldn't get past Janeway's barfly voice. I'll give it a try again after TNG and DS9. Then it's on to Enterprise. Never watched a single episode of that series, so for better or worse, it's at least new to me.

Voyager doesn't totally suck, but it's not awesome very often either. it's kind of like eating three scoops of vanilla frozen yogurt. it's .... fine. But I could pare the whole 172-episode series down to about 12 essential episodes and you would have missed very little. the Emergency Medical Hologram ends up being the most likable, realistic, and interesting personality on the show, if that tells you anything. everyone else just seems like they're made of cardboard and plastic. (and yes, Seven of Nine had big boobs ).

Enterprise is so frustrating to watch. It's a brilliant premise, it's a very cool ship, and Scott Bacula is a big Star Trek fan and a great guy. But the whole thing is somehow a lot less than the sum of its parts. It only works in fits and starts. There are some cool arcs ... but there's also a lot of pointless dead-end storylines, and unnecessary ret-conning of things that didn't need to be ret-conned. there are several members of the main cast who never find anything useful to do, or develop any identifiable character traits over the entire 5 year run (Mayweather and Hoshi).

Bacula, for all his good intentions, makes an absolutely awful Star Trek captain. He constantly comes off as confused, petulant, and irritated where, say, Picard would be composed, stoic and resolute. DS9's Commander Sisko doesn't always do the right thing, but at least he is always intense, and usually a bad ass. Bacula just doesn't have the gravitas for that. Ultimately, Captain Archer just wasn't much fun to watch. The audience should never feel like they'd make a far better (and more interesting) leader than the star of your show.

Like Voyager, Enterprise doesn't totally suck, but it's a bit of a slog at times because it never quite lives up to its potential.

Quoted from Kronlar:

As far as the pin, looks like my next steps will be fixing that Alpha ramp opto, replacing the two ships with Hallmark versions, and then onto GI and LED OCD boards.

yesssss!

#999 7 years ago

My issue with Enterprise is they really tried to take too many "story lines" from the previous shows and tried to make it work in the show.
I really did enjoy Enterprise as a ST show... but that intro was just plain wrong.
I've worked chronologically thru TOS, TNG and am now on DS9 on Netflix.
I find I like DS9 better now than I did as a late teen... but it still feels too soapy to me.
I'm actually looking forward to Voyager... as I missed several seasons because of UPN not being broadcast while I was in college.

#1000 7 years ago

one of the joys of streaming - you can skip the fucking Enterprise theme song, making the show 25% better automatically.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Boards
PinSound

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
There are 10,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 208.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club/page/20?hl=kronlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.