IMG_1999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240414_092939 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_093008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240414_092918 (resized).jpg
UWB DMD Speaker Panel (resized).jpg
17022 (resized).jpg
IMG_2120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,379 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 208.
#5751 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I have originals you can have.
EDIT: I can send them to Cliff[quoted image]

This would be great for the community and for Cliff to have them scanned for any future owners. Thank you

#5752 2 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Does anybody make the wider ball lane guides for this game? I have an annoying flipper hop. I am NOT looking for the extended guides. I want the original experience without the annoying hop.

Was this even a product?
Have no clue specifically what you are looking for... but for the right interest level; I can have some made if the design is understood.

#5753 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Was this even a product?
Have no clue specifically what you are looking for... but for the right interest level; I can have some made if the design is understood.

Cliffy makes them, I have bought a few sets from him. They are slightly wider lane guides to compensate for the flipper rubber sticking out and making the ball hop as it rolls down from the guide onto the flipper.

#5754 2 years ago

Dumb question. Is there a special way to load the Pinball’s on Star Trek next generation?How do you load the six Pinball’s in a Star Trek next generation. If I put all six balls in the trough with the game on it kicks out two balls.

#5755 2 years ago

It pre-loads the two VUK's. Normally only IIRC 4 are kept in the shooter trough when the game is ready to play, the other two are kept under the playfield in other locations. Maybe yours already has a couple in place up in the playfield.

It's also a game you have to go through the Unload Balls sequence via the menu instead of just reaching under and popping them into the shooter lane. Otherwise you just can't easily get them all out manually.

I'd suggest going through the unload cycle first to make sure it really is cleared out completely, then try again.

-Hans

#5756 2 years ago

Thanks. I must have an opto issue it does have four in the trough to two in the UK’s however it kicks out two balls so I must have some other issues going on. Not sure. Thanks for your input

#5757 2 years ago

I thought it was preloading 3 balls.
I'm pretty sure I remember 3 balls in the power up sequence.

#5758 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I thought it was preloading 3 balls.
I'm pretty sure I remember 3 balls in the power up sequence.

Mine pre-loads 3 balls and keeps 3 in the trough.

#5759 2 years ago

Thanks guys!! It’s 3 in trough and 3 in game on mine. What a pain in the ass!!! It works now!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5760 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Cliffy makes them, I have bought a few sets from him. They are slightly wider lane guides to compensate for the flipper rubber sticking out and making the ball hop as it rolls down from the guide onto the flipper.

I have sent Spidey a PM about getting his lane guides to Cliffy. I really like how Cliffy's other lane guides are modified to be a little thicker and completely eliminate the ball hop. He said he could do it but never had a set from STTNG to scan for reproduction.

#5761 2 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

He said he could do it but never had a set from STTNG to scan for reproduction.

If he's gonna do it, IMO he should make the ones with the extended lane guides as these are the ones most folks want to buy for thier home machines.

#5762 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Thanks guys!! It’s 3 in trough and 3 in game on mine.

I like that you have STTNG and TZ side by side, they were made to be together.

#5763 2 years ago

I already stock extended Lane guides. Cliffy should not compete with me.

#5764 2 years ago

These are the original lane guides from my STTNG. I replaced them after about a month with the extended lane guides.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5765 2 years ago

Yeah the extended ones can already be found easily as Zitt mentioned. It will be nice though for purists to have an original option with the widened adjustments to eliminate ball hop.

#5766 2 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

These are the original lane guides from my STTNG. I replaced them after about a month with the extended lane guides.

I just put in my name in the Masters ticket lottery this week for the 9th year in a row. I don't expect to win this year either haha.

#5767 2 years ago

I put lane extenders in the last one I had but side drains was still a bitch, was actually thinking of adding mini posts with rubbers which is what I put on my operation thunder as that had crazy side drains too and made the game much more enjoyable. Not having rubber on those outlanes is a killer.

#5768 2 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I just put in my name in the Masters ticket lottery this week for the 9th year in a row. I don't expect to win this year either haha.

These are the very old flags for my backyard golf course which is based on Amen Corner.
Here is a picture of the clubhouse with some of the Masters memorabilia I was able to pick up while in Augusta last March.
I too just signed up for the ticket lottery but don't expect to be selected.

#5769 2 years ago

197210387_4035979613157814_3727930964446498465_n (resized).jpg197210387_4035979613157814_3727930964446498465_n (resized).jpg

#5770 2 years ago

This is clearly not a Williams art package... why include the copyright and name on the PF?
Seems... odd to invite more than just CbeeS to send a C&D.
Besides; I'd just want to keep the icars lines moving in the outlane and keeping the logo.

#5771 2 years ago

I was lucky enough to have my wife buy me my first 2 pinballs this week. Fish Tales, which i picked up yesterday, and then returned today to pick up the other - STTNG. It has Nvram installed, some LEDS and Humour Callouts. Everything works great, except the right flipper it gets hung up for a second or two at times before returning or even twitching a bit before returning to start position.
Have started reading all the posts in this thread to learn and get ideas - up to page 40/116 so far. Anyway so excited and wanted to say Hi.

6CD1BD9F-CBE3-435B-8B25-66337932BF4C (resized).jpeg6CD1BD9F-CBE3-435B-8B25-66337932BF4C (resized).jpegDB1E83F2-C6FD-4E53-9B87-7BB2B534D425 (resized).jpegDB1E83F2-C6FD-4E53-9B87-7BB2B534D425 (resized).jpeg
#5772 2 years ago

Check the coil stop. Or even better: Do a rebuild of both flippers.

#5773 2 years ago
Quoted from Kombi:

I was lucky enough to have my wife buy me my first 2 pinballs this week. Fish Tales, which i picked up yesterday, and then returned today to pick up the other - STTNG. It has Nvram installed, some LEDS and Humour Callouts. Everything works great, except the right flipper it gets hung up for a second or two at times before returning or even twitching a bit before returning to start position.
Have started reading all the posts in this thread to learn and get ideas - up to page 40/116 so far. Anyway so excited and wanted to say Hi.
[quoted image][quoted image]

With the power off, take the glass off and manually raise the flipper bat - does it move and fall back easily, or does it get caught a bit? If the latter it is a mechanical issue and as oradke as suggested a flipper rebuilt is probably the best thing. This will address issues such as a worn coil stop, mushroomed plunger, dirty/worn coil sleeve, worn spring all of which are replaced with a flipper rebuild kit. The other possibility is an electrical issue - the flipper coil has 2 windings, the power winding is what pulls the plunger in causing the flipper bat to raise, while the second winding is the hold that keeps the flipper raised while you keep your finger on the flipper button. While the power winding would hold the bat up, it draws a lot of power and would over heat and melt the plastic components. Hence there is a leaf switch on the flipper mech itself call the End Of Stroke (EOS) switch that it used to turn off the power windings leaving the hold windings to keep the bat raised. If when playing a game the flipper bat flutters while you have the flipper button pressed then the EOS switch needs adjusting - if you buy a flipper rebuild kit it'll come with replacement EOS switches, so most likely the rebuild will address the issue you have.

As to where to buy a rebuilt kit, given you are in Brisie hit up Kurt (https://kjspinball.com/ or on facebook) as I believe he stocks them or alternatively you can gets parts from rtbb.com.au or pinballspareparts.com.au in Melb. Oh and welcome to the club

#5774 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

This is clearly not a Williams art package... why include the copyright and name on the PF?
Seems... odd to invite more than just CbeeS to send a C&D.
Besides; I'd just want to keep the icars lines moving in the outlane and keeping the logo.

Also the insignias being uses are TOS-era Enterprise command deltas. Completely incorrect for this game.

#5775 2 years ago
Quoted from Kombi:

I was lucky enough to have my wife buy me my first 2 pinballs this week. Fish Tales, which i picked up yesterday, and then returned today to pick up the other - STTNG.

2 GREAT machines to start a collection! Welcome to both the Enterprise and the world of pinball ownership!

#5776 2 years ago

Good Information to follow:

Quoted from Manny65:

With the power off, take the glass off and manually raise the flipper bat - does it move and fall back easily, or does it get caught a bit? If the latter it is a mechanical issue and as oradke as suggested a flipper rebuilt is probably the best thing. This will address issues such as a worn coil stop, mushroomed plunger, dirty/worn coil sleeve, worn spring all of which are replaced with a flipper rebuild kit.

Great information for older machines, but a little dated for DMD era machines:

Quoted from Manny65:

While the power winding would hold the bat up, it draws a lot of power and would over heat and melt the plastic components. Hence there is a leaf switch on the flipper mech itself call the End Of Stroke (EOS) switch that it used to turn off the power windings leaving the hold windings to keep the bat raised.

While this was true of older games, flippers of this era game have computer controlled flipper timings that de-energies high power side of the coil after the EOS closes or around 90ms...whichever occurs first; the main function of the EOS switch in these games is to re-energize the high power side of the coil if a fast moving ball strikes the bat and makes it fall to a point that the EOS re-opens.

From the STTNG manual:

#5777 2 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Maybe ever all three

For parts information STTNG uses 1 Left crank and 2 Right crank flipper assemblies

#5778 2 years ago

xingothx While I am traditional by nature and both a pinball and Star Trek purist at heart, I absolutely love the entire art package you you developed for this machine! Each component by itself would be a little iffy in a standard machine but the whole package together is just amazing! I also like that you kept the Williams logs in the art as the heart of this machine is still Williams, just with significantly better artwork.

Lets just call it the STTNG pinball based in the alternate timeline created after Nero destroyed planet Vulcan where everything is sort of the same but looks a thousand times better

One suggestion on your playfield graphic though, I think it would look truly amazing if you continues the same black background you have for the left inlane/oulane and left target bank throughout the entire left orbit all the way to the black background you have at the pops and improve the original cheesy looking multi color warp trails in that area.

Something like these, but from a third person perspective would look great! I cant wait to see the finished product.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5779 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Good Information to follow:

Great information for older machines, but a little dated for DMD era machines:

While this was true of older games, flippers of this era game have computer controlled flipper timings that de-energies high power side of the coil after the EOS closes or around 90ms...whichever occurs first; the main function of the EOS switch in these games is to re-energize the high power side of the coil if a fast moving ball strikes the bat and makes it fall to a point that the EOS re-opens.
From the STTNG manual:
[quoted image]

Yep you're right. Where I was trying to lead to was if getting a flutter due to the EOS switch re-energising the high power side of the coil, that the switch needs to be adjusted.

#5780 2 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Thank you, think i will look at the 3 of them.

Quoted from Manny65:

With the power off, take the glass off and manually raise the flipper bat - does it move and fall back easily, or does it get caught a bit? If the latter it is a mechanical issue and as oradke as suggested a flipper rebuilt is probably the best thing. This will address issues such as a worn coil stop, mushroomed plunger, dirty/worn coil sleeve, worn spring all of which are replaced with a flipper rebuild kit. The other possibility is an electrical issue - the flipper coil has 2 windings, the power winding is what pulls the plunger in causing the flipper bat to raise, while the second winding is the hold that keeps the flipper raised while you keep your finger on the flipper button. While the power winding would hold the bat up, it draws a lot of power and would over heat and melt the plastic components. Hence there is a leaf switch on the flipper mech itself call the End Of Stroke (EOS) switch that it used to turn off the power windings leaving the hold windings to keep the bat raised. If when playing a game the flipper bat flutters while you have the flipper button pressed then the EOS switch needs adjusting - if you buy a flipper rebuild kit it'll come with replacement EOS switches, so most likely the rebuild will address the issue you have.
As to where to buy a rebuilt kit, given you are in Brisie hit up Kurt (https://kjspinball.com/ or on facebook) as I believe he stocks them or alternatively you can gets parts from rtbb.com.au or pinballspareparts.com.au in Melb. Oh and welcome to the club

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion on some Aussie suppliers i will be checking those out for sure.

Quoted from Pin_Guy:

2 GREAT machines to start a collection! Welcome to both the Enterprise and the world of pinball ownership!

Thanks Pin_Guy having red the first 40 pages of this thread your help and tips have been awesome and was hoping you were still on here. Thanks for being a Great Pin Guy! I love my 2 machines, Fish Tales was a favourite of mine when it first came out. I hadn’t had much opportunity to play STTNG over the years as their seem to be not many in my area, but knew of it and its reputation as a fan favourite. Even with a sticking flipper last night i can see why its loved, some great shots and so much variety in it plus being a wide body is awesome. Thanks for your advice too on parts information.

#5781 2 years ago

So today was my birthday, a big part why my wife got me the 2 pinballs. This is how we celebrated it. Eating birthday cake, drinking beers, playing pins with my wife, with the footy on the TV, would of been perfect if all 3 of my kids were with me instead of my just my youngest (oldest 2 live nearly 1000km away). And a big bonus is my flippers are all working perfect now.

6E0A4936-BE84-4145-B79F-2301BCF45CAD (resized).jpeg6E0A4936-BE84-4145-B79F-2301BCF45CAD (resized).jpeg
#5782 2 years ago
Quoted from Kombi:

So today was my birthday, a big part why my wife got me the 2 pinballs. This is how we celebrated it. Eating birthday cake, drinking beers, playing pins with my wife, with the footy on the TV, would of been perfect if all 3 of my kids were with me instead of my just my youngest (oldest 2 live nearly 1000km away). And a big bonus is my flippers are all working perfect now.
[quoted image]

Happy birthday, drink beer play pinball

#5783 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Happy birthday, drink beer play pinball

Thanks mate, drinking plenty of beers and loved playing my pinballs with my wife.

#5784 2 years ago
Quoted from Kombi:

Thanks mate, drinking plenty of beers and loved playing my pinballs with my wife.

Was doing the same thing with my wife last night but with no kids here for a change!
Just watching England trying to bowl out NZ, catch just not given out

#5785 2 years ago

I have this game for a few weeks, it's defenitely one of my favorites now
And will have it upgraded with a few things, starting with the cannons:

STTNG Cannon upgrade with laser and decals (resized).pngSTTNG Cannon upgrade with laser and decals (resized).png
#5786 2 years ago

Lasers, nice. Was thinking about getting them.

#5787 2 years ago
Quoted from Kombi:

drinking beers, playing pins

My 2 favorite things!

#5788 2 years ago

Dual Flipper Button Menu Screen Mod
Star Trek - The Pinball Experience
Made a little video on this new mod for the STTNG machine.
Enjoy

#5789 2 years ago

Anyone need a brand new in box Starship Fantasy subway? 75.00 shipped continental USA...shoot me a pm

#5790 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Anyone need a brand new in box Starship Fantasy subway? 75.00 shipped continental USA...shoot me a pm

Wow, that’s an incredible deal. I just bought one NIB for like $130 + shipping. Very nice deal!

#5791 2 years ago

Anyone interested in my old playfield, some neutral zone wear around the hole there but fairly sound otherwise, but people use these for all sorts of wall art etc...shoot me a pm if interested....you pay shipping of course...she's dirty...
[att=6336411,2451963 caption=""
...and sold!

#5792 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Anyone interested in my old playfield, some delta quadrant wear around the hole there but fairly sound otherwise, but people use these for all sorts of wall art etc...shoot me a pm if interested....you pay shipping of course...she's dirty...

Got pictures? I may be interested depending on what you want for it/condition.

#5793 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a working proximity board for the lane returns? I couldn't find it when I looked last year and the aftermarket piece I got was the wrong thing. If anyone has an extra one or has successfully replaced theirs, please let me know.

#5794 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Anyone know where I can get a working proximity board for the lane returns? I couldn't find it when I looked last year and the aftermarket piece I got was the wrong thing. If anyone has an extra one or has successfully replaced theirs, please let me know.

Proximity board = Eddy board? If that's what you're talking about, here's where I got mine: ebay.com link: itm It took forever to get here (nearly 5 weeks....Australia to Denver) but it works great in my STTNG, the guy who makes them has great service, and it's not that expensive. Listing shows he has 2 left but he's still making them so that number should go up.

#5795 2 years ago

SantaEatsCheese - if you need the cable harness too, that might be a harder find. The seller (eBay) I got mine from appears to no longer make them and Marco's is out of stock as well. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17064. You could ask the guy in Australia who makes the replacement Eddy PCB if he also does the cable harness, too.

#5796 2 years ago

What’s the closest you can come to a NOS translite? I was planning on going to a convention this year and getting Rikers signature. Mine is ok, just really dirty on the back.

#5797 2 years ago

I wonder if you could use a MRS instead? Don't know if they are sensitive enough to work all the way through the playfield.

#5798 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

What’s the closest you can come to a NOS translite? I was planning on going to a convention this year and getting Rikers signature. Mine is ok, just really dirty on the back.

https://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/star-trek-next-generation-translite/

#5799 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I wonder if you could use a MRS instead? Don't know if they are sensitive enough to work all the way through the playfield.

I dont believe they are, safe cracker used them and had a recessed area where they mount...even the sttng one is set in a grove to get close to the ball itself

#5800 2 years ago

Here's Tangle's website URL https://www.tanglestech.com/TPP-1023 if you want to get them direct. I've not used his STTNG board but worked with him on the MB eddy board - great bloke and his boards work well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 15.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 64.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 10,379 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 208.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club/page/116?hl=jherre6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.