20240302_183303 (1) (resized).jpg
20240302_183253 (resized).jpg
20240302_183259 (resized).jpg
20240302_160534 (resized).jpg
STTNG tie back mod J108 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2194 Fix for low 12V voltage and slow cannons. Linked to ColorDMD Install. Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #2578 Hallmark Romulan Warbird modification Posted by Pin_Guy (5 years ago)

Post #2659 canon gearbox; detail photos of innards Posted by scooter8416 (5 years ago)

Post #4774 Tubing used for ends of flipper return lanes. Posted by Gogojohnnyquack (3 years ago)

Post #8277 Disable Officer's Club from the high scores in attract mode. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Post #8653 LX-8 ROM Release with link and description. Posted by ingo333 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 10,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 205.
#1 10 years ago

This thread is all about sttng ;from mods to faults this thread will boldly go where no thread has gone before

#2 10 years ago

One of the best pinball machines I own.

100_0011.JPG100_0011.JPG 100_0017.JPG100_0017.JPG

#3 10 years ago

Personally it's my favorite pin of all time.....so far.

DSC02245.JPGDSC02245.JPG

#4 10 years ago

Its an awesome pin and one of my favorites. Just ordered new ramps and a new subway trough for mine. Next up will be LED's and hopefully a color DMD.

#5 10 years ago

Star Trek the Next Generation is the best game ever .

Nextgen.jpgNextgen.jpg

#6 10 years ago

Beer drinkers mod.

trekgulp.jpgtrekgulp.jpg trekgulp2.jpgtrekgulp2.jpg

#7 10 years ago

The Best pin in my collection!

#8 10 years ago

Does the game came with black legs mine is silver
One mod that everyone should do as it looks epic is put green led flashers and LEDs in the Borg as it looks absolutely amazing

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Does the game came with black legs mine is silver

Not sure . Most I've seen have black legs , Williams was probally shipping some out with black , and some with silver . both look good .

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Not sure . Most I've seen have black legs , Williams was probally shipping some out with black , and some with silver . both look good .

I know asking as the game works and playes amazing that fine with me the legs don't matter what colour they are as long as they held up the machine

#11 10 years ago

Honestly I know many are gonna agree with this but the colour dmd has just made sttng the best game ever

#12 10 years ago

Star Trek the Next Generation has always been the best game ever . The colour dmd just makes the best game ever , even better .

#13 10 years ago

I would have a hard time deciding between STTNG and IJ, but, fortunately, I don't have to. My two Williams wide-bodies have the pride of place in my little collection.

#14 10 years ago

Sttng was the first ever pinball I ever played back in 1995in the 70s and 80s I was all about the video arcade machines and I didn't payed attention to pinball and at that time I didn't know what it was until I played sttng then later I played bsd and msf and baught my first one in 2006 was a sf2 and look now in my collection in grew

#15 10 years ago

It's not only great to play but also to mod

#16 10 years ago

Love my STTNG. I have had it about a year and a half and due to some arcade restorations I have yet to get around to properly tricking it out. I have a set of hallmark ornaments to add but I will probably skip the Enterprise one. If anyone has any links to some good detailed instructions/pics for wiring the mods it would be great.

For those of you using LEDs, did you end up buying kits or throwing together your own? Being my only pin right now I have never switched over a machine so I think buying a kit is probably my better way to go. I do plan to use green for my borg ship as I think it looks great. I really want to get a color DMD for it in the near future. I remember when it came out some people were having problems with overheating. Has that been addressed or was it exclusive to a few machines?

Quoted from Astropin:

Personally it's my favorite pin of all time.....so far.

Astropin, your's looks really nice. Are you using colored LEDs in your backbox or are the white ones just bringing out the colors in the translite?

#17 10 years ago

Color DMD. I've had it about a month. Awesome

Shooter handle done in black Nickel. I've taken many pics, none of them do it justice. It looks showroom new every day. Beautiful.

Upgrade ships to lighted hallmark ones.

Paint the Borg ship silver/gray. Major improvement.

Borg back panel.

Links to pics later.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Love my STTNG. I have had it about a year and a half and due to some arcade restorations I have yet to get around to properly tricking it out. I have a set of hallmark ornaments to add but I will probably skip the Enterprise one. If anyone has any links to some good detailed instructions/pics for wiring the mods it would be great.
For those of you using LEDs, did you end up buying kits or throwing together your own? Being my only pin right now I have never switched over a machine so I think buying a kit is probably my better way to go. I do plan to use green for my borg ship as I think it looks great. I really want to get a color DMD for it in the near future. I remember when it came out some people were having problems with overheating. Has that been addressed or was it exclusive to a few machines?

Astropin, your's looks really nice. Are you using colored LEDs in your backbox or are the white ones just bringing out the colors in the translite?

Just installed the full cointaker LED kit, I would recommend that route as it looks outstanding.

#19 10 years ago

Broke down this morning and bought the green borg ship windows from Pinbits as well as the metal extended lane guides <ducks>. Before ya bash me too hard on the lane guides, a year ago I was the only one playing my pin, but now it has a new following!

20130406_155134_zps1863a2c4.jpg20130406_155134_zps1863a2c4.jpg

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

metal extended lane guides <ducks>. Before ya bash me too hard on the lane guides, a year ago I was the only one playing my pin, but now it has a new following!

Can I see a photo of them, I don't know whether mine has had them fitted by the previous owner or not.

Cheers

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Check out about halfway down this thread. I ended up posting a full guide on how I did the backbox lighting:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ahhhtotal-led-failsttng

#22 10 years ago

Could you take another photo of the Backbox lighting with lights off as I carnt see the LEDs well in the photo

#23 10 years ago

What LEDs does everyone have lighting up the shield inserts? When I bought my STTNG the previous owner had already fitted it with the cointaker led kit but the shield inserts light up green during normal conditions and then flash blue (I wish I could have it the other way around if possible). Looks like everyone else's are blue normally.

#24 10 years ago

STTNG can be a chore to keep up and running but when the game is dialed in it is simply the best. I feel I have learned more about pinball from this game than any other simply because I have had to.
Today I finally got around to installing the color dmd what can I say it is awesome. The adventure continues , Engage.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Mateui:

What LEDs does everyone have lighting up the shield inserts? When I bought my STTNG the previous owner had already fitted it with the cointaker led kit but the shield inserts light up green during normal conditions and then flash blue (I wish I could have it the other way around if possible). Looks like everyone else's are blue normally.

I don't know but me and my father may put some green LEDs in the shield as I don't like the blue

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Could you take another photo of the Backbox lighting with lights off as I carnt see the LEDs well in the photo

You talking to me?

They are off. Here is the picture from the other thread:

STTNG_Backbox_LEDs_label.jpgSTTNG_Backbox_LEDs_label.jpg

Guide:
G 906 PL = Green 906 Flasher from Pinball Life
R 906 PL = Red "
W 906 PL = White

SB = White Super Bright from Cointaker
MSB = Mini Super White
PSB = Purple Super Bright
GSB = Green Super Bright.

Someone else posted the count later:

PinballLife LED's:

Backbox ~
G906 - 4
R906 - 1
W906 - 3

CoinTaker LED's:

BackBox ~
SB(Super Bright White) - 16
MSB - 17
PSB (Purple) - 1
GSB (Green) - 2

Borg Ship ~
G906 - 6

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Mateui:

Cointaker premium frosted blue 555's (6 of them). The flashers I left alone....so they flash teal but are normally just lit up blue.

They look great - note I prefer the blue color over the teal......if you want teal Cointaker sells those now as well. Just make sure you get the premium frosted's.

I also stuck frosted blue's under the right and left inlanes (4 total) replacing the G.I. lighting. I think they look great there and mach with the shield inserts. You can see them in the first pic I posted.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You talking to me?
They are off. Here is the picture from the other thread:

Guide:
G 906 PL = Green 906 Flasher from Pinball Life
R 906 PL = Red "
W 906 PL = White
SB = White Super Bright from Cointaker
MSB = Mini Super White
PSB = Purple Super Bright
GSB = Green Super Bright.
Someone else posted the count later:
PinballLife LED's:
Backbox ~
G906 - 4
R906 - 1
W906 - 3
CoinTaker LED's:
BackBox ~
SB(Super Bright White) - 16
MSB - 17
PSB (Purple) - 1
GSB (Green) - 2
Borg Ship ~
G906 - 6

Sorry I mean on
Doh

#29 10 years ago

Great game! Bought mine in 1997 from the orig owner who was an operator, she took it out of the box and it went into storage till I got it. STNG was my first dmd pin. It was the best game I had ever played back then, and still holds up to the test of time now.

#30 10 years ago

STTNG was my first pinball - sold it a few years ago for a lot less than I should have! Modded it up nicely as well. I certainly miss it!

#31 10 years ago

shield inserts light up green

The correct color is Teal. I used PinballCenter based in Germany. They sell Teal. So does B.C. Pinball. I put Blue 906 flashers in my BORG ship. The plastic window covers are all blue on my BORG ship. I put A fast color CoinTaker changer under the WORM HOLE looks cool. Also The start mission I used a Slow Fade color changer CoinTaker. All of the mission inserts are a different color. I think it looks awesome. Due note that ST:TNG does suffer from mild LED ghosting.

100_0107.JPG100_0107.JPG

#32 10 years ago

I sold mine tonight. Wasn't for me. Curse you, outlanes!

#33 10 years ago

Love my STTNG to death but if another ball pops onto the playfield for no good reason in going to blast it with a shotgun.

My optos are bright and aligned!!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Beer drinkers mod.

Ok. Time to share there beer drinker.
Where'd you get them?

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Beer drinkers mod.

Well it is better than pitting drinks on the floor and knocking them over is there a slit in the side so you can put a mug for a cuppa or is it just for beer

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Ok. Time to share there beer drinker.
Where'd you get them?

Pinballlife.com

Under "game specific parts"

#37 10 years ago

Anyone who misses their STTNG - check my add in the market place........

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

This thread is all about sttng from mods to faults this thread will boldly go where no thread has gone before

Proud owner checking in. Best pinball machine ever made.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Proud owner checking in. Best pinball machine ever made.

Dont blame you I hope Star Trek le doesn't top it but I want it to be the best stern ever made and so far sttng is the best bally Williams ever made

#40 10 years ago

I've modded mine to death....LOVE IT.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

The correct color is Teal. I used PinballCenter based in Germany. They sell Teal. So does B.C. Pinball. I put Blue 906 flashers in my BORG ship. The plastic window covers are all blue on my BORG ship. I put A fast color CoinTaker changer under the WORM HOLE looks cool. Also The start mission I used a Slow Fade color changer CoinTaker. All of the mission inserts are a different color. I think it looks awesome. Due note that ST:TNG does suffer from mild LED ghosting.

Get the non ghosting ROM. PM me if you need a contact.

#43 10 years ago

It's a fun game and I am a big fan of the old wide body machines.

#44 10 years ago

Try pinball mania TRUE LED

3 weeks later
#45 10 years ago

Would love to see this thread beat t2 with over 1000 posts

9 months later
#46 10 years ago

What color flipper rubber is everyone using? I prefer black for the orbit shots but it's harder to hit the warp ramp with the upper flipper unless I put red or blue on that flipper.

#47 10 years ago

Best. Game. Ever.

Going to play mine right now

#48 10 years ago

best game ever!

i've done a lot of modding to mine. i hope it doesn't look too tacky. i've done a lot of the typical/essential stuff like ColorDMD and laser cannons and LEDs etc, plus some other neat things i sorta thought of on my own.

i changed the pop bumpers and rollover lane guides from red to purple and i think it REALLY improves the look of the game a lot! it makes the green rollover lane emblems really stand out a lot better. purple and green is a much cooler color combo than red and green. in addition, it makes the most important inserts on the table -- the jackpot / extra ball / replay / final frontier inserts -- stick out more, since there is a lot less red in view now, so them being red is more attention-grabbing.

i also put the USS Rio Grande runabout on there in place of the standard shuttlecraft, and rigged it to light up when the shuttle simulation is lit. (details here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-sttng-mod-functional-shuttlecraft-uss-rio-grande )

playfieldUpper.jpgplayfieldUpper.jpgwireforms.jpgwireforms.jpgplayfieldAndDmd.jpgplayfieldAndDmd.jpgmirrorRight.jpgmirrorRight.jpgpops.jpgpops.jpgromulanNew.jpgromulanNew.jpgshuttleLit.jpgshuttleLit.jpgklingonNew.jpgklingonNew.jpgdmdScore.jpgdmdScore.jpggame.jpggame.jpg

the camera makes it look a little bit brighter and a little bit bluer than it really is.

i've also done some work since i took these pictures. replaced the broken plastic on the right sling. refined some of my LED choices. more than doubled my high score

in those pics, i have slow color-changers in all the starfleet mission emblems. i figured this would help draw attention to them, since during any mission, you are basically always shooting for the lit/flashing emblems, but it actually just muddied the look to have all those random swirling colors. i switched them out for flex-head super bright whites, and using LED OCD (a MUST HAVE for this machine if you want the lighting to look perfect!) i tuned the emblems to be just a wee bit brighter than the other inserts, so they stand out a bit more as a "primary objective" kind of thing when they're lit. works really well and i'm very happy with them now.

the main thing i want to do next is upgrade the borg ship -- actually make it look kind of dull metallic instead of that awful light tan color. did the borg build the hull of their ship out of 1990s desktop PCs?

#49 10 years ago

New to the forum here, maybe someone has an answer for me. I get a second ball loaded into the shooter lane but only after Final Frontier mode. I have installed new trough optos and a non magnetic shim into the trough but no luck.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Roryzilla:

New to the forum here, maybe someone has an answer for me. I get a second ball loaded into the shooter lane but only after Final Frontier mode. I have installed new trough optos and a non magnetic shim into the trough but no luck.

I had that issue as well. I think it was a bad opto in the ball launch. Only an issue after all of the balls have been in play during final frontier.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 26.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.