View topic image gallery

100_0107.JPG
100_0104.JPG
IMG_0975.PNG
DSC09158.JPG
DSC09157.JPG
DSC09156.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Sorry for another one of these threads, but I am very torn about what to do. I am working on selling my Tron and may buy STTNG but I keep going back and forth in my head about what I want to do. I only have room for 3 pins, and Scared Stiff and LOTR are staying. Should I keep my Tron, which I like but I don't necessarily love, or keep trying to sell it and get STTNG? I don't consider myself a huge trekkie, but I do love STTNG.

Thanks!

#3 10 years ago

No wrong answer! Both are great games. In my house, Tron by a mile, but in yours... If Tron isn't the cats meow, swap over to STTNG. And if that isn't it, keep looking. You probably won't lose money on either unless you overpay.

#4 10 years ago

Sttng is packed with cool stuff. TRON cool game but stripped down imo. Sttng by a mile.

#5 10 years ago

I vote tron over stttng because I like that game better. But looking at your collection I would say get sttng

#6 10 years ago

Both games are great, Tron theme is a plus for me, mods are aweseome and easy to do at your pace, sttng has the color dmd... easy decision for me as I like gameplay on the tron better, but you couldnt go wrong either way..

#7 10 years ago

I have them side by side. For me, STTNG will always be #1. But still play Tron all the time and can't wait for the FO mod.

#8 10 years ago

Alternatively NOT "No Fear"

-Wes

#9 10 years ago

What's up man! I have the STTNG you are interested in. I would of course like to get rid of my game and you are first in line if this deal falls through this week, however Tron is just so fun! Its been in my collection for awhile and I still love it! Even with my biased opinion, tron is superior!

#10 10 years ago

What's up man! I have the STTNG you are interested in. I would of course like to get rid of my game and you are first in line if this deal falls through this week, however Tron is just so fun! Its been in my collection for awhile and I still love it! Even with my biased opinion, tron is superior!

#11 10 years ago

sorry for double post!

#12 10 years ago

I like Tron more, be it Pro or LE.

#13 10 years ago

I really like Tron!

That being said - STTNG by a mile! It is my favorite pin overall.

#14 10 years ago

I'm with STTNG.

#15 10 years ago

I like STNNG quite a bit but I am voting TRON. Its just plain sexy.

DSC09156.JPGDSC09156.JPG DSC09157.JPGDSC09157.JPG DSC09158.JPGDSC09158.JPG

#16 10 years ago

STTNG is way more game than Troy pro or Le, no contest at all.

#17 10 years ago

The first ten times I played Tron, I would have said STTNG by a mile.

Now that I have spent some serious time on the MGC Tron - which Gary now has up at his place and is taking a photo gallery to put online of all the awesome mods soon - I totally get why everyone raves about it. It is an amazing game, and if you set it up hard it is really challenging. Lots of strategy.

And it doesn't have a video mode.

Based mostly on that last thing, I say Tron by a few bytes.

#18 10 years ago

STTNG had held up for 20 years, and it'll hold up for another 20.

#19 10 years ago

And Tron will also hold up for 20+ years.Take that to the bank !

#21 10 years ago

I'd say tron, but you have owned tron for a while....maybe it is time for a change. You can always pick it up again if you really feel you made a mistake.

#22 10 years ago

I was faced with the exact same choice. I could have bought a STTNG from a fellow pinsider and because I'm new to pinball he recommended I buy the Tron. More because It's a NIB game and wouldn't be the repair nightmare that most STTNG's are than anything but he also owns both and really likes his Tron. Lots of other guys I know have both and prefer their Tron. I'm loving mine!

IMG_0975.PNGIMG_0975.PNG

#23 10 years ago

If both games were iron clad and never needed repairs then STTNG FTW.

With repairs and constant issues in mind I will pick Tron. Rather I did.

#24 10 years ago

Food for thought.

100_0104.JPG100_0104.JPG 100_0107.JPG100_0107.JPG

#25 10 years ago

Sell and wait for NEW Star Trek pin!

#26 10 years ago

I own both and I would keep Tron over STTNG. I love STTNG but it is an old game and requires constant maintenance. It is like two machines in one and a lot of repair techs do not like working on them. Most of the time I have people over to play- I keep STTNG and my Wh20 turned off because I don't want to have something go out. I am getting lazy I guess-but STTNG is sensitive and has issues that pop up regularly.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I own both and I would keep Tron over STTNG. I love STTNG but it is an old game and requires constant maintenance. It is like two machines in one and a lot of repair techs do not like working on them. Most of the time I have people over to play- I keep STTNG and my Wh20 turned off because I don't want to have something go out. I am getting lazy I guess-but STTNG is sensitive and has issues that pop up regularly.

Well that might be yours. Mine has had a couple minor issues but nothing that's kept it out of order for more than a day....so far.

I've played it a TON and it's held up just as well as the rest of my collection. Not to mention that there is a CRAP LOAD of information on how to repair STTNG on the net! If anything that makes it even easier to maintain.

#28 10 years ago

Maybe if you had a special custom apron for TRON it would bring the pizzaz back.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Sorry for another one of these threads, but I am very torn about what to do. I am working on selling my Tron and may buy STTNG but I keep going back and forth in my head about what I want to do. I only have room for 3 pins, and Scared Stiff and LOTR are staying. Should I keep my Tron, which I like but I don't necessarily love, or keep trying to sell it and get STTNG? I don't consider myself a huge trekkie, but I do love STTNG.
Thanks!

STTNG is much more challenging and feature filled in the long term than Tron is. I love the Tron theme, but there just isn't enough to the game itself to keep me interested for long periods of time.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well that might be yours. Mine has had a couple minor issues but nothing that's kept it out of order for more than a day....so far.

I've played it a TON and it's held just up as well as the rest of my collection. Not to mention that there is a CRAP LOAD of information on how to repair STTNG on the net! If anything that makes it even easier to maintain.

I agree with this. When I first got mine 2.5 years ago, I had some back to back problems with it but, its been a solid performer since. I've had many more problems with my other games in recent time.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I agree with this. When I first got mine 2.5 years ago, I had some back to back problems with it but, its been a solid performer since. I've had many more problems with my other games in recent time.

That has been my experience as well. When I got it home last summer, I had a few issues to fix, but it has been almost a year now with no issues. The only time I have had the glass off is to start experimenting with LEDs.

#32 10 years ago

STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION IS THE BEST PINBALL MACHINE ON EARTH (In my opinion)

I just got the entire cast to autograph mine.

#33 10 years ago

I gave up my STTNG due to the issues. It seemed that every time I had people over, something new would go wrong with STTNG. I also found that people liked to play my Tron more so than STTNG. I enjoy playing STTNG just a bit more, but think both are awesome games. I have found that whenever I sell/trade a game that I'm not in love with, I end up not missing it in the end.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Trade
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-or-tron-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.