• Sttng 43 votes
    53%
  • Shadow 38 votes
    47%

(81 votes)

#1 2 years ago

Your thoughts!

#2 2 years ago

Boy good games...personally I'd go shadow but just because I played way more STTNG growing up; I've had my fill.
Both great though.

#3 2 years ago

I don't mind playing Shadow but it has never really grabbed me. On the other hand i really like playing STTNG no matter how much it kicks my ass over and over.
It is my choice of the two.

#4 2 years ago

Both are great but I’m going with STTNG

#5 2 years ago

both are great games. but i think you know who i voted for.

#6 2 years ago

Both awesome games. STTNG is in rarefied air along with TAF, TZ, IJ though and that makes it pretty special, to say the least.

#7 2 years ago

Sttng barely wins but 2 excellent choices

#9 2 years ago
#10 2 years ago

STTNG is better but Shadow is far less of a pain in the ass to keep running 100 percent. Both good games.

#11 2 years ago

I own a Shadow so kind of biased but both are great games. STTNG is pretty awesome when it is working right and setup well. Shadow gameplay is tough but very rewarding when you have a good game. I would say it comes down to theme. I prefer Shadow mostly because I love the ramp diverters. STTNG gets frustrating with the wide open outlanes and cannons that block your view. The obvious answer is get both. When STTNG breaks down you can play Shadow. When Shadow makes you want to punch a wall, play STTNG.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I own a Shadow so kind of biased but both are great games. STTNG is pretty awesome when it is working right and setup well. Shadow gameplay is tough but very rewarding when you have a good game. I would say it comes down to theme. I prefer Shadow mostly because I love the ramp diverters. STTNG gets frustrating with the wide open outlanes and cannons that block your view. The obvious answer is get both. When STTNG breaks down you can play Shadow. When Shadow makes you want to punch a wall, play STTNG.

"get both" is never the wrong solution in pinball.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

The left outlane on STTNG drove me absolutely nuts when I owned it. The ball drains so easily over there is seemed unfair. I did have the land extenders too. The right side didn't seem as bad to me. The theme integration doesn't get much better than STTNG, it really feels like the show and has all the actors voices in it. I had the funny ROMs in mine and Levar Burton would say "Eian, do your homework" which was his son. Those outlanes caused me to sell it, no one in my house wanted to play it because of them.

#14 2 years ago

I had The Shadow and own STTNG. Both were set up pretty steep and were fast. The mode start on The Shadow was frustrating but the sanctum lock is awesome. There is just something about STTNG will keep it at my house for a very long time. Outlanes are frustrating at times but I love the cannons and satisfying shots from the 3rd flipper. Ultimately I could probably be sold on either but prefer STTNG.

#15 2 years ago

After 7 years in my game room and still going strong, I'll have to give it to STTNG. Not that Shadow is at all a bad game.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

The left outlane on STTNG drove me absolutely nuts when I owned it. The ball drains so easily over there is seemed unfair. I did have the land extenders too. The right side didn't seem as bad to me. The theme integration doesn't get much better than STTNG, it really feels like the show and has all the actors voices in it. I had the funny ROMs in mine and Levar Burton would say "Eian, do your homework" which was his son. Those outlanes caused me to sell it, no one in my house wanted to play it because of them.

well, the left outlane has a kickback, and you can adjust in the game menus how easy it is to re-light the kickback. It's a nice fix, i find.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

well, the left outlane has a kickback, and you can adjust in the game menus how easy it is to re-light the kickback. It's a nice fix, i find.

Oh wow, didn't realize you could adjust that. I would adjust it to the maximum kickback then. Overall I did like STTNG a lot. I've owned the Stern ST and STTNG and I enjoyed playing the Stern machine a lot more so I'm trying to buy a Premium now. STTNG is the ultimate theme integration though, Stern ST doesn't even come close.

#18 2 years ago

I've owned both...Shadow is still here. Btw, I'm a Trekkie.

#20 2 years ago

Owned both, both great. Shadow is a bit easier to work on. STTNG is a beast, but if it is functioning you shouldn't have too many problems. Shadow lasted longer in my collection. Both great though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside