• Latest reply 8 years ago by forensicd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150508_014033710_iOS.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Ok, so I fixed an issue I had with my drop target not working. It is now correctly working and going up and down at the right times. Now, I am having a whole new issue. The video below shows what is going on. At certain points in the game, the trough launcher will just keep going off, trying to load balls into the launcher. As the ball is on the field, it the trough launcher keeps going off. When the ball drains, it just keeps pushing them out, endlessly, no matter how many times you drain. Any ideas?

#2 8 years ago

Replace ALL the balls after work? Go in test and check your trough switches for sure, Unplug and replug if you can. Check all those and the shooter lane swtich

#3 8 years ago

Sounds like one of your trough switches is flaking out, or divots in the trough 'floor' plate letting balls get stuck. Something like that...

#4 8 years ago

My thoughts are the trough optos. Make sure they all test out. Also, its strange that you are still in gameplay and the drop target is not going down when hit. Though this could be just a result of the auto plunge disabling it. Is this starting when you drain a ball or just randomly during play?

#5 8 years ago

Currently got the exact same issue with endless balls , although I can hear the right diverter clicking under the playfield all the time so was going to investigate that. Keep us posted how you get on

#6 8 years ago

call my brother Tim 574 361 9386, mine did the same thing but I can remember what he did to fix it
plus, Im not technical

#7 8 years ago

It's an opto. Pull all 3 VUKs and clean all the optos. The machine is reading one of the optos as closed and kicking the ball out because you have "too many balls in the machine"

#8 8 years ago

The test says check switch 66 trough lr 1. Is this a optic thing and what should I look for down there? Never dealt with optic switches

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

The test says check switch 66 trough lr 1. Is this a optic thing and what should I look for down there? Never dealt with optic switches

Put on switch test and roll a ball down there and it should activate optos 1 at a time.
Switch level test will show you active switches and look to see if one trough is diff'rent.

#10 8 years ago

Also, I tried looking int he manual to see what is what, and I couldnt figure out which is switch 66. Would I need to buy a whole new board for it, or are there parts I can buy to replace on the board. Thanks all!

#11 8 years ago

If it's board related, it would be the trough opto boards. They're screwed directly to the ball trough and keep track of how many balls are in the trough. I had a problem about every six months with mine. Since the boards are attached directly to the trough, they get a lot of vibration from the launcher solenoids. There are upgraded replacement boards made by Great Lakes Modular. When I got mine a few months ago, I believe PB Resource had the best price.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Boiler415:

it would be the trough opto boards. They're screwed directly to the ball trough and keep track of how many balls are in the trough.

Yep, and connected with molex connector that should taken off then put back on then run tests above

#13 8 years ago

Anyone have a clue which one switch 66 is? I found a bulb in the bottom of my cabinet, which i assume is the infared from one of the optics boards on the troughs? the ones attached to the troughs are all single boards, but the ones on the ball launcher trough are all on 1 board. is this correct? Thanks!20150508_014033710_iOS.jpg20150508_014033710_iOS.jpg

#14 8 years ago

Like others have said it's very likely your trough opto boards you can buy a new set from Great Lakes modular for 60$ . Also make sure if you replace these boards the connectors going to them are in good shape

#15 8 years ago

Ok took off all 3 cups and checked optos on them and all registered. So I went to the ball launcher trough and believe it is on that board that is the issue. Anyone know what that board is called so I can order a new one? Thanks everyone for all of your help.

#16 8 years ago

Did you try cleaning the optos with windex and cutips yet?
It may save you from having to buy another board.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Anyone have a clue which one switch 66 is? I found a bulb in the bottom of my cabinet, which i assume is the infared from one of the optics boards on the troughs? the ones attached to the troughs are all single boards, but the ones on the ball launcher trough are all on 1 board. is this correct? Thanks!20150508_014033710_iOS.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice, that looks like it's off the trouth board. Pull the front board and see if you have 7 of those soldered to the board. Betting you only have 6 and that one needs to be soldered back on.

#18 8 years ago

Go to great lakes modular website look under products the part number is DCS-TBS widebody trough opto board set

#19 8 years ago

Got my boards and now everything works perfect! Thanks everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-new-issue-endless-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.