RampAttachSide.jpg
CrossoverAttachTopdown.jpg
CrossoverAttachCrossSection.jpg
RampAttachTopDown.jpg
CannonAngleFix.jpg
Attachpoint_side_view.jpg
SpiralRampFix.jpg
#1 11 years ago

IPDB isn't clear enough, I took it apart to do a rubber kit. Like a moron, I did NOT take pictures. I got everything back together fine except the cannon will now fire into the launch ramp if fired early enough. That never happened before, and my wife did it while we were testing. I don't know if it's just a design flaw and can't be fixed, or if I put something back wrong. I've spent 2 hours adjusting everything to try and get it right, I can't figure it out. It's the right cannon hitting the spiral wireform.

I've got friends scheduled to come over tomorrow night, they were over last week and the bridge rectifier and fuse crapped right before they got here. It's at the point that I'm getting embarrassed for myself. Help me save some face here!

#2 11 years ago

I can take pictures of mine if needed, but the odds are good that you can find what you're looking for here: http://robertwinter.com/pinball/restorations/sttng/teardown/index.html

#3 11 years ago

You probably have it installed correctly. If you adjust the wireform up the cannon will not hit it, but the wireform will rub the glass and will make noise when launching the ball. I had this issue with mine and I thought that was the way it was designed. Another member on a thread from a month or two ago suggested putting a washer under the back of the right cannon which will lower the angle of the cannon. I'm not sure if that works 'cause my sttng was sold by then, but I would suggest giving that a shot.

#4 11 years ago

Got it fixed. It's under the glass no issue, cannon can't hit it. I can post pics if someone is interested. Does require the use of a ziptie.

#5 11 years ago

I have a similar problem. The exit of the spiral Habitrail on mine seems to be too low. The ball as it travels throught it makes a SHHHHH sound ( metal rubbing ) and when you try to shoot up that right path towrds the pop pumpers. the ball contacts the bottom of that habitrail getting stopped.

Any advice?

#6 11 years ago

I've got advice and pictures.....but I'll have to get them for you when I get home tonight. You'll need one ziptie to completely resolve it in my experience, and if you orient it correctly, it doesn't affect ball travel at all. I'll get the pics put up tonight (while loading Diablo 3 WOOOOOOT!). You *may* need a washer as well to put under the rear of the right cannon also, it angles it down just a little so it won't hit the wireform when you shoot the center scoop from the right gun.

It's fixable!

#7 11 years ago

Cool thanks

#8 11 years ago

Sorry, didn't get the pics. I'll see if my wife can take them and upload them for me. =\

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

(while loading Diablo 3 WOOOOOOT!

Haha...me too.

Now, which hobby wins out for my time?

#10 11 years ago

I am totally having that issue right now. I'm going to have to tell my wife to suck it up and either give me a hand while I'm at work, or I will take it out of D3 time to help a fellow pinhead!

#11 11 years ago

I'm slow as crap, but I got it!!

*edits r us* How the hell do you link to images hosted elsewhere on here?!

SpiralRampFix.jpgSpiralRampFix.jpgAttachpoint_side_view.jpgAttachpoint_side_view.jpgCannonAngleFix.jpgCannonAngleFix.jpg

#12 11 years ago

A few more...

RampAttachTopDown.jpgRampAttachTopDown.jpg CrossoverAttachCrossSection.jpgCrossoverAttachCrossSection.jpg CrossoverAttachTopdown.jpgCrossoverAttachTopdown.jpg

#13 11 years ago

One more. Was trying to show how it's attached at the bottom of the spiral. There is a black sleeve type deal sitting on top of the plastic (Should be on a washer or something but it's not..I need to get a really thin one and put it down there...will do before I swap out all the plastics.) that the screw goes through and screws into.....not sure what. It's a really long screw though. So from top down... Screw, ramp support,washer, black hard plastic sleeve, decorative plastic, whatever the hell it screws into.

You will probably have to futz with it a bit to adjust the bottom support of the spiral ramp to make sure it's going up to the drop target every time, but with all of my stuff assembled as you see it, it doesn't touch the glass (Eliminating the horrible sound), the cannon doesn't hit the spiral wireform at all regardless of what I shoot at.

RampAttachSide.jpgRampAttachSide.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 15.00
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-need-high-res-pictures-of-wireform-attach-points-asap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.