You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

I have been searching for a couple days with no luck. All of the lights on the multiplier light board are out. I have checked the bulbs and they are good. Other than those lights, all of my other lights are working as they should.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to start looking?

Thanks,
Randy

#2 5 years ago

Pull the PCB light board out and look at the header on the board where the connector plugs into it. I'll bet the common pin solder joint is cracked. Reflow the solder to all the header pins and you'll be good to go.

#4 5 years ago

Sometimes you can get really lucky and if there is an IDC connection to that group of bulbs, you'll find that it has simply worked its way too loose to make solid contact.

#5 5 years ago

The headers looked fine, but I reflowed them to be safe. No change. Any idea which pins should be showing what voltage?

#6 5 years ago

Reflow and both half circle where each socket make contact.
Next is to trace the wires to where they go/come to see if there is some cut.
If no cut wires then you must check their transistors/ICs.
Had similar problem with T2 where 4 lights didn't show.Their transistors/ICs on Power board were fine.Finally it was IC on CPU board that was bad.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Other than those lights, all of my other lights are working as they should.

Okay, I'm going to assume this is true and your 3 lane lamps at the top of the machine are working.

I personally like to check the simple stuff first...the Yellow-Orange column wire feeds thru the 3 lanes board connector, the lamp harness will connect from the PDB to the lanes first, then proceed down to the Multiplier board, it's a free check to take a look at that, or just simply measure continuity from J137-3 to the Yellow-Orange wire on the lamp board.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Edit: Lamp columns could be on either on J137 or J138 and the manual has conflicting information on this...in reality it shouldnt matter which one its connect to as they are electrically identical, this actually makes it easier to check as you can use the pins of the unused connector as test points

If you cant fix it with this information, my standard repair fee is $95/hr plus parts; the clock starts when I get in my car and ends when I get back home

#8 5 years ago

The last post should be helpful. Good info. The yellow/orange wire daisy chains to all 3 top lanes and to the multiplier board. If one or more of the top lanes light, most likely a broken wire at one of those 3 switches that feeds the multiplier board. Yellow/orange is the only color of wire to be looking at to find the problem.

#9 5 years ago

Yes, my three top lanes light. Thank you very much. I will do some probing this morning with the multi-meter and see what I find. Thank you very much.

#10 5 years ago

Thank you very much!!!
It is a broken wire. I made a jumper wire with alligator clips and now they all work!
So I just have to trace back and find where the wire is broken and replace it.

You all rock!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 63.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-multiplier-lights-outs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.