Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

having a very occasional issue my STTNG: every once in a while, i hit the ball into the mission hole, and instead of it coming out the left VUK, the game just kinda sits there. eventually, the ball finder cycle starts and after two cycles it spits a ball out of the left VUK as if it never found the one it was looking for. any tips on the first thing to look at? thanks!

#2 6 years ago

When you hit the mission hole does it start the mode or not? If it starts the mode it's most likely a dirty opto in the left ball trough of the VUK. Just make sure you have good solder points to the optos and good cleaning with a Q tip.

#3 6 years ago

While you are in there looking at the optical, check the solder points to the coil as well. Found a very loose wire on a coil that would fire occasionally. If it didn't fire, a few cycles got it unstuck eventually when enough power made it through the coil.

#4 6 years ago

as stated above by castof , Either a dirty or loose opto. but 88.9 percent sure of an opto issue . either the Subway or VUK locks check switches 32 35 42 43 all are under playfield optos . good luck

#5 6 years ago

thanks so much guys, i'll go to work on this once the kids are in bed...

#6 6 years ago

Make sure the subway isn't broken and the ball is getting stuck up there. If you have protectors installed that one may be dropping out of place. I think I had to secure mine because it slid.

#7 6 years ago

Also check for any wires (or anything else) hanging down into the trough that the ball could get hung up on. Very likely one of the optos under there though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Playfield - Plastics
MicksPinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside