Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

81BAA903-5C85-4F30-9BE6-A417AD65FA97 (resized).jpeg
5D23553B-DD92-45C4-94B5-44B3E1C962E5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Guy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from CanadianGamer:

I will try the banging on the table tests to see what I can find out. Thanks!

Edit: I tried banging on the table in switch test and nothing registered.

I don't believe the home and marks switches are part of the standard switch matrix.

#18 4 years ago

Give this a shot, with the cannon parked at home, looses the 4 screws that hold it to the plate nut, then turn the gun CCW until the right edge of the cannons ball entry aligns with the right edge of the ball guide rail then re-tighten the screws.

#20 4 years ago

Do you have some play in your home switch that will make it park a little further CW, so you can readjust it a little further CCW after it parks?

#31 4 years ago

Update today. Still firing well, but at power up both cannons are running through their tests again instead of just the right cannon. It’s odd that they’ll go for a while with both rotating at startup then switch back to one at startup. But I’ll see how long it keeps working, I think something might still be wrong with it.

This may be a side effect of having a very tight home switch adjustment. If the home switch is adjusted to close to the top of stroke, it's own inertial can cause it to drive past the point where the home switch is closed and on power up if the cannon isn't at home it will cycle, the game doesnt care if the home switch stays closed, only that it closed. This is normal a non-issue unless the cannon is so tightly adjusted that it happens every time, this will cause the cannon to cycle every time the game is going to load the cannon since a home check is made prior to the game firing the VUK that feeds the cannon.

#34 4 years ago

I'm going to end up running new wires up to the coil again, it's the only thing I can think is that there is a break in the new wire I put in. It's a lot of work but I'll do it as a last resort.

I don't think this is the issue either but you should be able to test this easy enough without replacing it; all you have to do is remove the 3 pin coil connector (violet wires) under the playfield and measure the resistance between the two connection points while the canon rotates. The only difficult part is these are male pins, but it should still be fairly easy to do. If I was going to check this I would use a 3 pin female connector so I wouldn't have to hold the probes.

#37 4 years ago

I got nothing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 63.95
$ 15.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Guy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-left-cannon-fires-late?tu=Pin_Guy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.