Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Foxis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It isn't worth the fight Law. My New Year's resolution is to try to stop talking sense into people who want to...
1. Add lane extenders and/or lasers to STTNG
2. Put insanely bright & expensive superbrite LEDs under all their inserts.
3. Pay big bucks for cheap, tacky and/or ridiculous looking mods, toppers and alternate translites.

Im confused. Question is, why would you try to talk people out of this stuff? As far as I'm concerned...

1) I have both on mine. Lane extenders-because I suck at pinball and have a lot more fun with them on. Lasers- because I think they're cool...for me.
2) I have games with none, and games fully loaded. Simply, because I like them (though none are superbrights. 3-Led Ablaze is as bright as I go.
3) I generally steer away from most mods, but just dropped $416 on a color DMD, and a couple hundred total to purple trim my CV. Why, because I can, and think some mods are cool.

Given why i did this, why would you try to talk me out of it? Isn't that kind of like telling someone else not to buy game "X", because you don't personally like it? I might love it...Hook comes to mind for most.

Now the LED kit thing...I'm with you there. That kind of feedback is genuinely nice to toss out, and receive, as it helps people accomplish what they want to accomplish, cheaper.

#52 11 years ago

Wow! Look at all these new posts! I just wanted a link to where I could spend my money. Ha!

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

Ah, I must have missed the enlightening educated and experienced statements. I only caught the derogatory ones that came in and shit on someones thread excited about their game and asking where to get something.
I logged around 10000 plays on my sttng in two years after getting it in 2003. Many more since. No point in sharing my opinions though, most arguing against these things have never put the time in with and without them. Sure do like to sound superior though!

See what I mean Law.

10000 plays is very impressive. Almost 14 plays per day...every day...for 2 straight years. You must have a lot of free time, I'm really impressed. Rest assured I have plenty of time on several different STTNGs including my own, so if you are trying to start a STTNG pissing contest, you are barking up the wrong tree.

#54 11 years ago

This post could never be that straight forward

#55 11 years ago

I love my STTNG and I love the extenders. They only help a little but enough to make the machine more enjoyable for me. Shaker rocks too. Learning to nudge this behemoth was the one thing that brought my scores up. The color dmd is some major coin but I couldnt resist. I heard its futile.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It isn't worth the fight Law. My New Year's resolution is to try to stop talking sense into people who want to...
1. Add lane extenders and/or lasers to STTNG
2. Put insanely bright & expensive superbrite LEDs under all their inserts.
3. Pay big bucks for cheap, tacky and/or ridiculous looking mods, toppers and alternate translites.
All of those things are beyond stupid IMHO, but I am trying to be done talking sense into people. Seems people need to make mistakes for themselves in order to learn. The one thing I would have added to the list, but it actually seems like people are starting to listen to now is not to buy LEDs kits. I used to try to help people save money and preach this to the high heavens, and it seemed to fall on deaf ears back then, but it does seem like people are listening now.

I kind of feel like the lane extenders are in a different category than "bling". All the rest of that stuff is basically so the owner can stand back and admire his beautiful possession whereas the lane extenders actually enhance gameplay. I suppose to really accomplished players it's tantamount to rubber banding off the outlanes...but to the rest of us I mean.

2 years later
#58 8 years ago

Bit of an old thread, but I received and installed the extenders today. When I ordered, I thought it would extend them like an inch. just eyeballing them, I thought maybe my machine already had them. In reality, it only extends by about 1/8-1/4". I played a game and on at least two occasions, it saved the ball, surprised me that it worked. I still had typical ball drains, but they do help and I'd recommend them.

#59 8 years ago

Just got some myself, but haven't put them on yet to try them out.

1 year later
#60 6 years ago

Thread necromancy!

Just thought I would mention that I have implemented the "fix" invented by Hooked a couple of posts above, and it works very well. Direct drains into the outlanes are unaffected but the annoying and cruel "bounce-ins" are much less common after the fix. The game feels more balanced in a home setting.

The fix basically consists of raising the slingshot rubber on one post, and I accomplished this by 3D-printing new posts with a higher slot for the rubbers.

If anyone else has a 3D printer and wants the STL-file, just drop me a PM with an email adress and it will be on its way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 85.00
$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 15.00
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 63.95
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-lane-extenders/page/2?hl=foxis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.