You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0811.JPG
IMG_0800.JPG
#1 14 years ago

My buddy and I just picked up a nice STTNG this afternoon - not quite
BD's twilight zone price but $1600 - with very minimal to do - looks like everything is good just needs a good cleaning. Will post picts soon - was a reimport (only minus point), but shes a player - guy had it for 10 years and wanted to get rid of it - he knew nothing about Pinball, from what I could tell - first error came up was missing 2 balls, been playing it for 10 years with only 4 balls??

Not the best deal but a great pin - I think we made the right move here, just need to remove the 10 years of dust - and maybe add a beer holster to it

that makes 4 pins in 4 months - I see a trend here, got to give credit to my friend Phil for looking on craigslist for pin ball spelled wrong..LOL

IMG_0800.JPGIMG_0800.JPG

#2 14 years ago

nice catch with nice price,there are a few mods for it.

#3 14 years ago

I still want that machine BAD !!! Star Trek was one of the few things I had in common with my Mrs. when we first met and dated. She still has a Spock "fetish"

My TZ buy was via a personal contact. It was never posted for sale. The guy whom I fixed his RFM and SW Pin2000 machines knew him and passed along my phone number. He's the one who gave me the second RFM I sold.

Great purchase fusion. I bet you can go to ipdb and get copies of the cards to go in it. Sometimes I like using this older fake "aged" paper to print them but prolly not for a machine that new.

#4 14 years ago

Great find on that STTNG. That missing pinball error on Star Trek is extremely common for it, but also the easiest fix. Still surprised the dude never checked the manual on the TNG's ball pre-loading feature. Ah well.

Which pins do you have now fusion301? Your pinside collection may not be updated.

#5 14 years ago

Nice catch and grab.

What is the problem with re-imports besides the killer Tarantulas? Just wondering?

#6 14 years ago

Great pick-up. Don' beat your self up over the reimport. My STTNG is a reimport also. The only difference is the coin door and the transformer. Heck, I went to Mexico a couple of years ago so guess I'm a reimport too.

On another note.... just received my Scared Stiff last week, upon receipt it was missing a flipper button so I removed the button off of STTNG. After cleaning her up and playing many hours I noticed all the eyes on the blackglass of STTNG starting to follow me, never noticed this before. Guess STTNG got pissed that I'm giving all my attention to Elvira. All good now because I received the button so I hope STTNG forgives me.

#7 14 years ago

Thats a nice looking machine,
People are still finding deals - thought the market was about to dry up?
perhaps Spring cleaning?

#8 14 years ago

Yeh I used to play STTNG alot in the early 90's - I forgot what a great game it was, the sound and lights are really top notch. BD I have the original cards - all nice and dirty like you said - I just took them out as I started dusting her off, before I snapped the quick pick.

I just know guys/collectors I guess beat you up a bit on resale value of the reimports - but your right besides the coin door (which you can replace) and the voltage stickers - there is no difference.

Who ever restored this prior to me picking it up did a fairly good job - but the cabinet has been sprayed with clear - and now shows a bit of yellowing where it should be white. I guess thats the difference between a 1600 STTNG and a 5k one.

the missing ball error was spot on - It really was missing 2 balls - nowhere to be found.

drbond: the guy not only didn't know anything about how many balls were supposed to be in it - he didnt know how to open the backglass, remove the playfield, run diagnostics - nothing, guy just wasnt a pinball person - his wife had bought it as a present 10 years ago apparently. Yeh need to update my status: ToM, BSD, STTNG, Airborne Avenger

All in all - glad we went and got her - look forward to cleaning the crap out of the playfield and sprucing it up with some mods etc.

#9 14 years ago

That's one helluva collection you got now fusion301! All you need now is a alpha-numeric solid-state from the 80's, to have a trip through pinball history.

As for the deals, Autumnfade, be on the lookout!!!

Spring and Summertime is when THE BEST deals start to show up! Lots of people are clearing storage space for the year, or prepping up their collections for the pinball shows in the spring/summer; where pins are bought/sold/traded. Killer deals will be coming up all over the place! Keep your eyes open, and your checkbook at the ready.

Hoping to my lucky stars I run into "Johnny Mnemonic" and "The Shadow" myself, to finish my small collection!

#10 14 years ago

Hi Fusion,
If you're afraid or have some mistakes with reimport machine , so re-export it to me !

I have much space for install it and i added STTNG in my wishlist . LOL

Lucky man - Enjoy !

#11 14 years ago

Great pin, many mods, you will enjoy that baby.

#12 14 years ago

Yea welcome to the club I still play it every day for 3 years now...and its still fun!

#13 14 years ago

I had a problem with my bottom speaker on ST TNG,So I ordered the sub woofer speaker combo set from Pinballpro.Should recieve it next week, will let you know what I think of it!

#14 14 years ago

scooter - have those in both my dracula and ToM - I will also be getting them for the STTNG and maybe the shaker motor. Let me know what you think for the STTNG I imagine its awesome just like in my other pins.

#15 14 years ago

Anyone know how to go about fixing the big blue inserts for the shields - mine have what seems to be little cracks in them/ almost like something you could sand out some how - or some type of clear coat that has been cracked over the years from the heat of the bulbs.

anyone else have this on there STTNG or know where to get new ones etc.

#16 14 years ago

upon further inspection it looks like they must be clear stickers on top of those inserts so its probably a combination of those splitting and cracking and some spider cracks in the plastic - anyone else have that on theres

IMG_0811.JPGIMG_0811.JPG

#17 14 years ago

Take a look at this webpage picture. It looks the same as what has happened to yours:

http://www.videoengine.com/pins/sttng/pixpages/46.htm

For the full set of pics:

http://www.videoengine.com/pins/sttng/index.htm

Possibly put them in like a CD/DVD polisher ??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
$ 85.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-just-arrived-another-addict and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.