A9FD3FE3-8EB6-4E05-9E62-72D75D9C32EA (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
STTNG Switch Matrix-no balls (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
1127 (resized).JPG
1125 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

its definitely SW46 messing up because sometimes when the ball is kicked out of the trough to the starting point it'll activate the "Command decision" rather than allowing me to choose between the ~5 initial options OR during play my rank will keep rising randomly and that switch is the same one that kicks controls both of those things.
My subway is DISGUSTING - I swear i thought it was a metal subway until I started reading more about the game and realized they're all plastic. Its also cracked beneath the center hole so I am deciding if I want to replace it completely (another $120?!) or take it off to clean it and attempt a repair of some kind

You can bet your last dollar that most or all the optos are very dirty too, you may also have a gummed-up diverter. I'd suggest you read the owner's thread as Pin_Guy suggested and set out to clean the subway, all optos, and make sure all diverters are clean and move freely. That's a good starting point to working on your other issues. You really do need to put the game in switch tests and see if any one or combination of switches are triggering others, it sounds like they are. Then read up on how to isolate any problems with the switch matrix to the playfield or boards and proceed from there. This all sounds worse than it is but you have lots of great help on this site with intimate knowledge of this game.

1 week later
#38 4 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

I also had a random error for SW 83 (made left ramp) but checking it in the "test" shows it is working and then the error went away after that. I have a hard time getting it up that ramp in gameplay for the "Picard maneuver" - it'll go 90% up the ramp and then roll back down rather than completing the ramp and come down the wireframe... this machine didn't come with a bubble level so I bought one aftermarket and the pitch seems to be set appropriately for Williams machines of the era but maybe I still have it a touch too steep to make that ramp all the way around? anything else I should check for as to why it may be rolling backwards rather than completing that ramp? The diverter up top there appears to be out of the way when I look but maybe i should watch someone else hit a ball up there and make sure it is extending when it should (whenever the lock light isn't lit it should divert the ball to the wireframe, correct?)
Going over there now to put in the coin mech since nobody carries 500Lira anymore and I want people to pay to play it lol

That's the correct operation, it's a tough shot but not as bad as the lock shot as that takes more ball speed. Just make sure the upper flipper is in proper working order, rebuild it if necessary and it should be makeable even with the ball rolling down from the pops.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

So playing tonight in “rescue” it keeps spitting balls out after a drain... like 10-20 balls...
Or more - it’s still going lol
Any ideas?
Edit: it’s happening outside rescue too. But it seems random. I played a whole game with no issues, next person hit 1.7billioj on ball one and then player two had unlimited balls so they had to reset the machine

Almost certainly an opto problem, possibly one of them in the left VUKs depending on where it's firing balls out from. When it happens put it in switch test and see what the optos are registering and then see if the location of the balls corresponds correctly to that. Could possibly be divots in the trough too but I think that's less likely. I'm assuming it stops for some period of time after you reset it?

#47 4 years ago

The connector on the trough opto board is subject to iffyness too.

3 weeks later
#72 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

For some reason they seem SUPER distracting in pictures but in reality you don't see the striping when you play.
I have the frosted ones on my JP. They are good too but they only do white (and UV flasher). What I like about the original is that you can set an RGB color. I like my STTNG to be a bit blue/purplish. I have the UV flasher hooked up to the left VUK.
Mike

Agreed, I have them on mine and if the stripes really bother you setting the colored LED strips to off or just white will pretty much eliminate the striping effect on the wireform. I don't know how the diffusers would fit on the right had side though the invisishields do fit in there. I like it with a little bit of blue dialed-in and the UV-Glow flasher tied to the flasher on the right of the backboard.

(please excuse the camera trying to compensate, it looks much better in person)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 15.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-issues-after-300-mile-trip?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.