8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ClarkKent
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider debaser.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I'm shopping out a Star Trek: The Next Generation and I'm installing new Alpha and Delta ramps. The problem I'm having is that the new alpha ramp, once it is screwed down by the two screws at the ramp entrance, it sticks up too high in the back, causing the delta ramp to stick up too high and the diverter is hitting the delta ramp. I've messed with both of these ramps and I can't get them to mount properly to where the diverter doesn't hit the delta ramp.

When the new alpha ramp is installed, it's sitting flush with the bottom of the cut out in the wood back panel. Is this normal or should it be sitting lower than this?

I already threw out the old Alpha ramp (argh!) as it was busted up pretty bad so I'm not sure if the problem is with the new Alpha ramp or something else.

Has anyone had this problem before? Any input would be appreciate. Thanks.

#2 8 years ago

On closer examination, it looks like the new ramps are thicker than the original ones. I'm thinking I'll need to adjust the height of the diverter so that it sits up higher and will clear the delta ramp opening.

Has anyone else had to do this when installing new ramps on a ST:TNG?

#4 8 years ago

So I went to install the new Delta ramp but the Alpha ramp is causing the Delta ramp to sit up too high and it doesn't sit flat on the metal ledge on the back wood panel that the Delta ramp screws into. What the heck? I don't recall using spacers for that. The Delta ramp is sitting up almost an inch from that metal ledge.

Can someone who has installed replacement ramps on their ST:TNG chime in?

#7 8 years ago

I was able to make it work without having to adjust the diverter. The problem is that the repo alpha ramp is thicker than the original and it just sticks up higher than the original causing the delta ramp to sit higher. Finally got it all put back together and it plays really nice. Still can't hit that darn Delta ramp consistently, even with rebuilt flippers, heh.

I also discovered that the frame and eyelet for the drop target assembly is broken, which is causing the actuator to get hung up and not always able to drop the target. Got one of those ordered. Other than that everything is working great.

I sure am glad to be done with this one and don't want to shop out another ST:TNG anytime soon!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 63.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider debaser.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-issue-with-new-alpha-and-delta-ramps?tu=debaser and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.