Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinballYeti
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

playfieldAndDmd.jpg

#1 5 years ago

With all the ST love in the air, I wanted pay homage to STTNG (still the king from my perspective.

Here's a GoPro video I took this morning…1080p, 60fps…taken in a pitch black room. btw…didn't realize that the Final Frontier doesn't kick into multi-ball if you drain before the artifacts have been fully awarded.

snaroff

#2 5 years ago

Copy cat even though mine was shot via iphone lol < gopro

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

Copy cat even though mine was shot via iphone lol < gopro

I didn't see yours…link? iPhones stink in low-light environments…the quality of the GoPro is impressive.

#4 5 years ago

Great quality, and nice shootin...

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Final Frontier doesn't kick into multi-ball if you drain before the artifacts have been fully awarded.

Uh, that's a software or hardware error. Might want to double check your subway optos are all working correctly. It shouldn't be kicking out ANY balls at all other than preloading the subway slots while artifacts are being tallied. When FF starts, it should pop out both cannons and the left wireform at the same time, another one out of the left wireform if I'm not mistaken (my wife couldn't get it on the video we just recorded so not 100% sure) then use the catapult to put two additional balls into play....either way, there's no way you should have a ball in play while it's doing the intro.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Uh, that's a software or hardware error. Might want to double check your subway optos are all working correctly. It shouldn't be kicking out ANY balls at all other than preloading the subway slots while artifacts are being tallied. When FF starts, it should pop out both cannons and the left wireform at the same time, another one out of the left wireform if I'm not mistaken (my wife couldn't get it on the video we just recorded so not 100% sure) then use the catapult to put two additional balls into play....either way, there's no way you should have a ball in play while it's doing the intro.

correct .. you should be able to just stand there gloating while Final Frontier counts artifacts.

but i agree wholeheartedly with this thread! STTNG is the greatest.

playfieldAndDmd.jpg

#7 5 years ago

You skipped the bonus artifacts after Search the Galaxy. Your bad.
Yeah you got hosed on FF, that's messed up. Time to check optos.

#8 5 years ago

I miss my STTNG ….

#9 5 years ago

Just got my sttng put back together last night. With everything cleaned and waxed it plays completely different. Way better than before the cleaning.

I still dont know if I like the game though. It definitely punishes you for missed shots and high scoring games are a great experience though. Mine may be on the chopping block soon though.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Interesting…makes sense. Unable to reproduce the error…just reached the Final Frontier without any issues. Optos also seem fine. I would bet it was a rare software error of some kind. When the single ball is launched during Final Frontier, I can't tell if I launched it or it was auto launched by the software. Oh well…figures an uncommon error would crop up when you are recording the game...

#11 5 years ago

Sttng is KING

#12 5 years ago

No...I really don't think it's a software glitch. It's an opto related issue. Final Frontier is usually where they rear their ugly head as it is the only time the trough is completely emptied out.

These issues can be very intermittent. Besides the optos themselves, also check the connections going to the opto boards. The IDCs on these can be a nightmare. I had lots of problems with them before finally giving up and converting them all to molex. I'd still like to throat punch whoever thought IDCs were a good idea in high vibration areas, such as anywhere in a freaking pinball machine!

Also check all solder joints on the opto boards. Good luck!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

No...I really don't think it's a software glitch. It's an opto related issue. Final Frontier is usually where they rear their ugly head as it is the only time the trough is completely emptied out.
These issues can be very intermittent. Besides the optos themselves, also check the connections going to the opto boards. The IDCs on these can be a nightmare. I had lots of problems with them before finally giving up and converting them all to molex. I'd still like to throat punch whoever thought IDCs were a good idea in high vibration areas, such as anywhere in a freaking pinball machine!
Also check all solder joints on the opto boards. Good luck!

ok…good advice. It's just odd that I haven't noticed other errors (and this example has been extremely reliable). I'm having a tournament @ my place and STTNG will get a lot of exercise…will ask players to keep an eye out for any odd behavior. Thanks.

#14 5 years ago

Nice game, thanks for sharing!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Playfield - Plastics
MicksPinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside