Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Meatneck
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have been working on a customers STTNG and it keeps randomly loading additional balls. I thought it might be a trough issue, as the Superpin trough boards were flaky, but even after checking it out and installing a new pair of boards, the issue persists. I was thinking about it yesterday, and maybe one of the 'captive' balls held in the game is acting up? There are no switch errors, or even a tech dot. Maybe one of the 'captive' balls is flaky though, and in the middle of playing, the game gets confused the sends another ball out of the shooter lane...?

I am heading back to the customers home tomorrow, and again next week. Any ideas or items I should double check? Thanks so much!

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

items I should double check?

Subway optos.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Subway optos.
LTG : )

Yep

#4 2 years ago

Might even try another pair of trough boards.

#5 2 years ago

The other thing is the wires
On these games are stiff and can have a slight break in the wire inside the insulation . Check the wires going to the trough boards . Just a thought

#6 2 years ago

seems silly, but make sure there isn't too many balls in the machine, had a customer load 3 extra balls in a machine once

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside