Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

Hi Everyone,
I was replacing my jets flasher in my STTNG to a Comet LED. Now I've lost flashers to the exit underground flasher, right borg flasher, left borg flasher, and center borg flasher. I tried swapping out the LED with its old counterpart but that didn't help. I've tried reseating the connectors in the backbox at J106, J107, J122, and J124 without any success. I've pulled fuses F111 and F112 and they test fine. That pretty much maximizes my skill set. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

If you are running the flasher test, close the coin door while it runs.

#3 4 years ago

Yes I've tried them with the coin door closed. They don't work in test mode or during gameplay. Any other thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Princev911:

I've pulled fuses F111 and F112 and they test fine.

Only F111 goes to your flashers.

Are all the flashers out or just the 4 you mentioned?
If ALL...Do you have 20V at TP7?

If just the 4...Is J122 connected? If it is you likely have a broken flasher wire (red-white) under the playfield.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 4 years ago

Hi Pin_Guy,
Thanks for the input. It was only the four flashers listed, each still had continuity and each was registering 22.2 V steady. I changed in known working bulbs and still no luck. Today I installed LED OCD and GI OCD boards. During that install I replaced the 3" ribbon cable between the MPU and the power driver board and I also had to reseat the ribbon cable between the MPU and the 8-driver PC board just to get the cable out of the way during the install. Somehow, for reasons unknown, the flashers have all come back to life after this. I don't know what sort of solution this really is but maybe it will help someone else. My next step was to send the boards to Chris Hibler. I'll see how long the gremlin stays away for.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Princev911:

During that install I replaced the 3" ribbon cable between the MPU and the power driver board

This would do it, if you were missing the SOL1 clocks at pin 12 of the data header, you would never clock the the data buffer IC (U2) on the power driver board which controls all the flashers connected to J122.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7 4 years ago

That makes perfect sense when I see your highlights. Thanks for the guidance, those pics are really helpful!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
$ 15.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-flashers-not-working-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.