Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0693.jpg
IMAG0717.jpg
IMAG0709.jpg
IMAG0708.jpg
IMAG0705.cropped.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Can someone point me to pics of properly wired STTNG drop target coils and switches?

#2 11 years ago

Sorry can't help you with picture.

Switch is easy, look at your other micro mini switches and see where the white wire goes, green wire goes, and black end of diode and silver band of diode goes. Same on every switch.

Two lugs close together - outside one gets black end of diode and white wire, middle one green wire, far one silver band end of diode.

The coil that has three purple wires with green stripe ( thin wire is more lavender color ) I would remove those three wires and solder to one wire, then solder the single wire to the coil lug. That way if the wire breaks off the lug, the three are still together. Otherwise if the thin one breaks off you blow up some stuff on the small driver board and smoke a subway coil.

LTG

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Otherwise if the thin one breaks off you blow up some stuff on the small driver board and smoke a subway coil.

been there, fixing that. The wires going to the switches and coils just don't seem right (e.g., where there should be three I only have two). I just don't have any idea what wires *should* be going to each solder point of the coils and switch.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

I just don't have any idea what wires *should* be going to each solder point of the coils and switch.

I explained the switch wires. And one lug of the up coil. All you need is other lug of up coil and the wiring to the coil that drops the target.

LTG

#5 11 years ago

And I appreciate it.

Lets just say that I'm not even sure the right purple and green wires are going to the right places, and seem to be missing one. If you're saying that any three purple/green wires can go to any of the coil lug, then I'm good - but I doubt that's the case. Problem is that I don't have any lugs with three purple/green wires as you describe/identify (part of the problem) - each has two thick wires and I can't locate a third thin wire. Additionally I have a white(ish) wire with purple strip hooked to the top lug of the switch, and another hanging loose near-by...and nothing indicates that this loose wire was ever connected to the switch.

I've done research, as the problems I'm working on are fairly common. The problem is that what I'm working with doesn't match any descriptions. So unfortunately your description (like those from my research) really doesn't forward my effort - and the reason I'm soliciting pics rather than description.

#6 11 years ago

While waiting for a picture. Try and find the third purple wire with green strip. Two are real thick - which you likely found those. The third one is real thin, lighter in base color, not a dark purple. And probably mixed up in wiring nearby.

LTG

#7 11 years ago

and if I find the thin wire, to which coil does it attach?

#8 11 years ago

Here ya go. I'm working on mine too of late. Still hoping to get it playin 100% in time for Expo.

IMAG0705.cropped.jpgIMAG0705.cropped.jpg IMAG0708.jpgIMAG0708.jpg IMAG0709.jpgIMAG0709.jpg IMAG0717.jpgIMAG0717.jpg

#9 11 years ago

Thanks mrbillishere. Do you happen to have some of the switch lugs/wires as well?

#10 11 years ago

yep, I just added it to my first post.

If it makes ya feel any better, here's my project for the day - repairing burnt GI connectors:

IMAG0693.jpgIMAG0693.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 64.99
$ 15.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-drop-target-wiring-pics-wanted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.