Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Attrition
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So I've searched a bit regarding this issue with the drop target underneath the borg ship, but no one seems to have the same issue. The target was getting stuck in the down position. The leaf switch was getting stuck on top of the mechanism that pushed it down. So I adjusted it physically and tilted the switch to a slightly different position. Testing the drop up/down works just fine, no issue at all. The real issue now is the target appears and sounds like it's trying to reset over and over when a drop target mode is activated. It should drop when, for instance, launch probe mode is activated. It does sometimes but not every time. Then again, sounds like it's resetting over and over. Any direction would be great. Thanks

#2 6 years ago

It's either there is an issue with the smaller drop coil or the switch is now out of adjustment and when the drop is up, the switch is telling the game that it's still down.

#3 6 years ago

I'll check into it. Thanks

#4 6 years ago

Well I adjusted the switch down and tried to level it out along with slightly elongating the solenoid stop screw(if you have STTNG you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyway, that seems to have solved the issue for now. The switch must always have to be activated and that tells the game the drop target is actually down. Thanks schudel5 for the direction!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 63.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 64.99
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-drop-target-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.