• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0575_small.jpg
DSC_0573_small.jpg
DSC_0574_small.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kazak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Turned my STTNG on this morning and no DMD! Any suggestions as to what the most likely cause is? All cables seem OK. Before I reseat all connections just thought I'd ask if anyone knows most likely cause. Rest of machine seems fine. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Check your fuses with a meter. Swap the DMD with Adams or getaway and see if problem follows DMD or stays with machine. If problem follows DMD get a new DMD. If stays with machine you prob have a hv issue. A color DMD might be an ok solution since it won't care if the HV works.

Forgive a novice, markmon, what is HV?

#5 8 years ago

OK. Fuse 601 was blowing. Disconnected only J604 and J605 and fuse did not blow. Reconnected just J605 and fuse did not blow. Then reconnected J604 but had P1 on the DMD unplugged, and the fuse blew! All data cables were connected the whole time. Does this help narrow down a diagnosis any further before I start swapping things with other machines?

#6 8 years ago

OK. Fuse 601 was blowing. Disconnected only J604 and J605 and fuse did not blow. Reconnected just J605 and fuse did not blow. Then reconnected J604 but had P1 on the DMD unplugged, and the fuse blew! All data cables were connected the whole time. Does this help narrow down a diagnosis any further before I start swapping things with other machines?

#7 8 years ago

Could this be BR2 on the DM controller board is broken? What should I measure next? I have only basic repair/replace skills so treat me like I'm a bit simple. Thanks

#9 8 years ago

My DMD board does not seem to be an original. It is marked www.pinled.com.

Anyway. I tested the bridge rectifier near the fuse that blows (GL1 on this board) and it seems OK. Have a look at the pics and let me know your thoughts please.DSC_0574 small.JPGDSC_0574 small.JPGDSC_0575 small.JPGDSC_0575 small.JPGDSC_0573 small.JPGDSC_0573 small.JPG

I have been using 3/8 amp fuses.

#11 8 years ago

Zaza, that harness short was my first thought as a novice... but then it still was connected to J117.

Re the swollen looking cap, it's the other one on the circuit that blows.

#13 8 years ago

Yes, this is definitely the 62v circuit which is dead. Will do further component testing on board.

#14 8 years ago

Have sent the board away for repair/replacement. Thanks for all your help everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 63.95
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 64.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kazak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-dot-matrix-display-shows-no-sign-of-life?tu=Kazak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.