• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

883C143C-6077-4C32-BB41-5EB8ADA90C9C (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Hi,

I have a favor to ask. Can someone who has an STTNG tell me what the maximum width is? Google yields a "pins of that era" answer and I know one of you guys will know. Thanks!

-S

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from swf127:

Hi,
I have a favor to ask. Can someone who has an STTNG tell me what the maximum width is? Google yields a "pins of that era" answer and I know one of you guys will know. Thanks!
-S

The head is the exact same width of your other pins... Should be 28 inches. The "Coffin" part of the playfield is a bit wider (about 2 "). Also note the machine is heavier than normal (about 350 pounds instead of 250). Can try and get you exact measurements tonight if no one else answers. If you took a fish tales, World Cup Soccer, or Attack From Mars out of a lineup, this would fit in the exact same spot (Backbox part), but the legs would be a few more inches apart.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The head is the exact same width of your other pins... Should be 28 inches. The "Coffin" part of the playfield is a bit wider (about 2 "). Also note the machine is heavier than normal (about 350 pounds instead of 250). Can try and get you exact measurements tonight if no one else answers. If you took a fish tales, World Cup Soccer, or Attack From Mars out of a lineup, this would fit in the exact same spot (Backbox part), but the legs would be a few more inches apart.

Thanks. If you have a minute to put a tape measure to yours this eve that would be great. I know it's going to be a tight fit. I remembered they're heavy and full of temperamental optos but such a great pin!

#4 1 year ago

Right under 29”

883C143C-6077-4C32-BB41-5EB8ADA90C9C (resized).jpeg883C143C-6077-4C32-BB41-5EB8ADA90C9C (resized).jpeg
#5 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Right under 29”
[quoted image]

Thanks! Time to see how boned I am.

#6 1 year ago

If clearance is an issue just remove the head…the body is a couple inches narrower. Not a huge deal if it’s a one time move. No need to risk damage to the game and door frame of its that tight. It’s not that difficult to remove a head. Some people make it out to be a big deal when it’s really not. Especially if it’s going to be a long time before you move it again.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:If clearance is an issue just remove the head…the body is a couple inches narrower. Not a huge deal if it’s a one time move. No need to risk damage to the game and door frame of its that tight. It’s not that difficult to remove a head. Some people make it out to be a big deal when it’s really not. Especially if it’s going to be a long time before you move it again.

Thats the plan. I’m just going to label connectors and take a bunch of photos in the process. I’m doing a long distance move and wanted to make sure I had a plan for this guy since there’s this one turn getting into my game room that’s tough. I’m really looking forward to having it back. Thanks!

#8 1 year ago

Instead of completely removing the head you can remove the side bolts/hinges and just rotate the head slightly on the cabinet base to narrow the profile. That way you don’t have to disconnect anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 15.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 63.95
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-dimensions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.